Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with Wiper wiring

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Blue Car, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

I have finaly gave up and need to ask for some help from the experts here on the HAMB. Last year I purchased a wiper set-up for my 50 from a vender at a swap-meet, well I opened it and time went by and I lost the instructions (more specificaly the wiring instructions).

I have searched all over the internet for instructions and I have found similar kits but the color codding on my set-up does not match the others so I am still lost.

There are 4 wires comming our of the motor but I have no idea what goes where.
    [​IMG]

here are some close-ups
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. big creep

big creep

ok i have no idea what kit you have, what do the instruction show??? one has to be a ground most likely the black, then maybe three speeds? high, low, and Intermittent setting. someone has to have the same kit. i got rid of my wipers all together! rain x is what im using.

3. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

looks like "it's a snap" wiper motor. i have the same problem of lost instructions. I do know it is a 2 speed motor with park.

4. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

It is a 2 speed motor with park, sorry I should of mentioned this before.

I found the following instructions, but like I mentioned before the color do not match and it is not like they have a close-up of the motor to see where the wires go.

I am goint to put the rain-X on the car right now...

Attached Files:

5. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

white and blue are the motor speeds. no clue on what the other are

6. big creep

big creep

ok looks like black is ground, brown is power, and blue and white is high and low.

7. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    from Wisconsin

Blue and white are your two speeds. Brown and black are probably park. To figure out how park works hook some sort of continuity tester to the brown and black wires and roll the motor over slowly. My guess is that there will be continuity until you roll the motor to the park position. I would then put power to the blue and white wires (one at a time) and see which one is high. If you want to make the wipers auto park (and the brown and black wires work as described above) you can hook power to either the brown or black and hook the other wire to the low speed wire. that way it will turn the motor over slowly until it reaches the park position and turns off.

8. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow and see if it works.