Register now to get rid of these ads!

Victoria Secret

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Royalshifter, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

what an awesome story and car,...very cool

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow, there are some talented mofos in this thread... Royal, JJ, James, Jeff... jeeze!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I played around with it one more time to see if a mint green would look good but it started to remind me of Axle's Wife's car. So I did what any self respecting man does which is fall back on his "Go To" color. Pink!
    [​IMG]

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

JJ.....I think you starting to have fun with this. Really hard to make this car look bad.

5. Cream and green would be my call but some of the other combo's are very interesting. Rob

6. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

The lady has spoken, and I gotta say, I agree.

Diggin' that green.

7. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

A car like this, in a medium like this , may be what the small magazines are to us for future hot rod and custom biulders.The small rear window and the chop, beautiful. In bare metal, the thing that stood out to me was the stock tailight spear, it looks like it is custom. Mr. Norwell, that green and white( yes I know green is the new flat black) is perfect. Royalshifter.....wow.

8. S.F.

S.F.

Rad...the story makes it

9. It looks great, but I agree with this sentiment, too.

I like JJ's robin/sky blue. Or, isn't there a stock color combo of black and soap green?

Not what I call soap green, and the color doesn't seem quite right, but ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  10. Juke Joint Johnny

Juke Joint Johnny

Hey Mark, Don just called and told me you finally let the cat out of the bag - WOW! You know I never get tired of looking at her! While blue is my favorite color, I love that bronze and gold combo, but the green and cream is oh so nice too! How about instead of black, pair up the inca gold with a very dark puple metallic, like the color on Ganahl's roadster? Man I'm glad I don't have to decide on the colors...

11. Yup - WHS. Awesome rendering.

JJs two tone blues look great.

12. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Jeez, I stayed up this late to read this entire thread, 'cause I just couldn't wait 'til tomorrow!

I'm surprised you began the 'reveal' so soon, but glad you did! Diggin' the drama and anticipation...

I've seen your (Kelly's) car a few times, and seeing it again I just can't get enough...I drink it in! When I saw it before, I honestly thought I would have chopped it just a bit more in the back. But, really looking at it now, I see it's just perfect! And the rear window works so well in this car...there's still enough 'Vicky' left in it.

I don't know how you're going to make up your mind on a color combination with all the bitchin' possibillities being thrown at you for the next few months! And, to add to it, how about a three-tone? The '55 Dodge Royal Lancer was black, white & pink.

Mark, I have a feeling you'll be throwing Dore out of his spot next year at the 2011 Long Beach Kustoms Motorama!:D

Oh,...and I see you have a new nic-name: "Skipper Doodle" (post 156) Sooo cute!

13. Wow. That's IT.

14. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Hey, J.J. and J.D.

Let's see some color-coordinating with 'Victoria Secret' and Mark's '32 in the background...and, how 'bout the house too? Haha!

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I don't know if Royalshifter would be into his '32 being painted pale pale pink....may be though! Haha!!

16. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

This is by far my favorite shoebox of all time. What an amazing story. You are doing a killer job on this one.

I love this color combo the best. It just looks so perfect.

17. RatBone

RatBone

x2 on the light blue and white! Love the rear window choice!

18. Skip,
    you are a mad man.

19. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

if we are sharing opinions, my 2 pennies

Either Norwell's green/cream combo, or the baby blue/white combo with the blue for the main body and white for the bottom/top...either one and you have an absolute winner. One more you might want to try is a medium blue/cream combo

20. Skip....glad you finally let the cat outta the bag! It's everything I expected....fantastic profile and just the right amount of restraint on the body mods. It looks like it just rolled out of 1954....

I can't wait to see it.

21. The yellow would be sharp. But I am biased. I have a Meadow Lark yellow '69 Mercury Cougar (factory color) You would never believe the compliments I get on the car....... ALWAYS on the color! If you want, PM me and I'll email you a pic of the car so you can eyeball the color.
    Beautiful build by the way! Very nice work.

22. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She did say blue is her favorite color :)

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Didn't she say green was here favorite?

24. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

What an amazing build. That chop is just absolutely outstanding.

Great job!

Can't believe I missed this thread.

25. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Yep, that's what I thought too. "Green is my favorite color..." post # 168.

26. Dchaz

Dchaz

wow, I'm not sure you could pick a wrong color combo for this this. Although I am liking the lighter colors. Very very nice.

27. BLAKE

BLAKE

Damn... I had my pick all ready, and then I saw this one by JJ - I think this nails it! This thing thrives on less contrast between the colors... even if you used a color other than blue, this subtle shade shift works!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  28. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I'm glad this finally coming along......I'm sure the beautiful wife is even more so. =O)

I know it'll be tasteful.......I mean come on, look at her house!!

29. -Brent-

-Brent-

That is sharp!