Register now to get rid of these ads!

What oil pan do I need for my 302 powered A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodnewby, Nov 22, 2010.

1. hotrodnewby

hotrodnewby

Yes, I have used the search. Answers for alot of other models but I didn't see any about sbf's in A's. I've got a 69 block with a Fairmont double sump pan on it. Is this the pan I need? I'm going traditional steering with split A bones. Thanks,
    Newby

2. FORD FAN

FORD FAN

I had a front sump pan on my model A. but I believe front, rear, or double hump will work. The tie rod and drag link should be in front of the engine with cross steer and with side drag link ,not an issue. One thing to be aware of is the oil filter potential interference if you use a Vega box or other cross steer box.

3. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yep im using a regular front sump pan on mine no problem ! and ford makes a short oil filter that worked for me to clear the steering box

4. tuckpoint

tuckpoint
    from omaha,nebr

70's ford p/u has front sump .Get the pick-up tube with it.

5. I've done 3 model A's with SBF, all of them I used regualr front sump standard pans.

6. hotrodnewby

hotrodnewby

Thanks! Having the HAMB really shortens the learning curve for us newbs!

7. 30 year old build pic here, front sump, 66 mustangbox, drag link

Attached Files: