Register now to get rid of these ads!

Noob pinstriper wannabe from Omaha

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slickniner, Nov 22, 2010.

1. slickniner

slickniner
    from Omaha, NE

Hi HAMBERS,
    I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I've started to try to teach myself to pinstripe. I've also been doing some customizing to my 07 Honda Shadow (which I'll hopefully be hardtailing this winter.) I'd be interested in a pinstriping or hand lettering mentor in the area if anybody is in the area or knows of anybody. Currently I'm using the wizards 10,000 stroke method for self teaching.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. & Good luck with the Lettering, .........PRACTICE is the very best teacher, and always look at what you like from others. Then try to figure out for yourself............WHY do you like what other's have done. Don't copy anyone, just learn the basic strokes, and different fonts....................and then PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
    There is lots of talent on the H.A.M.B. Check out the Friday Art show, almost always there will be some striping and lettering going on.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

3. oldman2

oldman2

Hello and welcome to the site, good advice from firstnomad.

4. Mr.J

Mr.J
    from NJ