Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Trade opinions ...........34 for a 31?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BrandonB, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Keep the 34. IMHO, It's not even close to a trade unless about 5 grand cash was coming with the roadster. The roadster is nice but not even close.

" The 34 needs the wiring finished, gas pedal and linkage, exhaust, motor started and dialed in."

The body on that 34 is solid and it looks like you have most of the hard work done. Most of us have to farm out some work on our cars (body, paint, etc) so don't feel bad about asking for or hiring help.
    Figure anyway that that Olds/Lasalle roadster drivetrain isn't a carefree 350/350 and you'll eventually need a mechanic for it too.

Farm out the incidentals to a local Rod shop or find a local rodder or Hot Rod club that has members that do side work. You may find a local guy that does everyones wiring. Or, order a kit and get busy-There's been plenty of magazine/book how to's on wiring a car; take it one wire at a time.
    Join a local club, make some new friends and barter labor. Once the car is wired, host an engine firing party. Someone will bring a timing light and you'll be up and running.
    Once you get the engine running, simply make an appointmrnt with a local muffler shop to do the exhaust system. They'll knock the whole enchilada out in half a day.

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Who the hell can help Ratatat get that '34 on the road. Maybe once a week for a couple weeks or so and that thing could be running again!!! Way to rad of a car not to complete or not to keep. It reminds me of my '35 only.....well it's got a hemi so you know. Hahah!!!!

Keep the '34 and let's get it running!!!

3. Harms Way

Harms Way

Oh No !,... Sorry Brandon, You ain't off the hook that easy,...It looks like the HAMB BrotherHOOD :)cool:) wants to smack ya' down a little more,.... look at it as a intervention,.... done in love,.... :D

4. The '34 without any doubt..it deserves to eventually be your families heirloom.

5. 4t7flat

4t7flat

The 34 is worth 2X what the 31 is worth. Model A's are common,34's, not so much. Any hemi,beats just about any other engine,for COOL factor.

6. j-dogg

j-dogg

What part of Nor-Cal?

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

I think you get a group of buddies/HAMBers together for a couple Saturdays and you've got this thing running. I doesn't look like it needs a lot. I remember the thread on this car, I really like it.

As far as space, if you don't have space for this, you're not going to have space for an open car, are you?

8. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Ha!Ha!Ha!

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

It's a "No Brainer". The 34 Five window is worth more then the a Model A roadster. Thats without the Hemi. Thats why the guy wants to trade.

10. brad chevy

brad chevy

Dude although the 31 you can get in and go ,you have a 34 with a HEMI ,like said earlier keep it and you"ll be alot happier in the end.

11. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Both look like great rides but the 34 should stay. Mines been on the road for a couple decades & is in the shop right now cuz I had to farm out the repairs. Everything you need to get done is a simple project, one at a time. Keep It !!!

12. -Brent-

-Brent-

The guy with the roadster most likely has every finger and toe crossed.

13. F&J

F&J

keep the 34. Ask for some help from a local hamber to get yours going.

14. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

You would regret that trade!

15. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

I have to agree keep the 34, if the project looks to overwhelming, break it up in small projects.focus on one part at a time, Dave

16. Noname38

Noname38

17. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Don't trade!!!!

18. The 31 roadster is nice , like wise the 34 . The 34 is a keeper , you would regret it later for sure.

19. If you don't have the knowledge to complete it, pay someone!!! That '34 is worth WAY MORE!!! and alot cooler.

20. I want to own that '34.

21. The only way that's a good trade is if the Model A comes along with a bag with $10 K on the front seat!

22. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

The only way it's a good trade is if it's my MODEL A and I'm trading for your 34 Hemi coupe.

23. noboD

noboD

That's what I was thinkin'. Go one step at a time and LEARN, you will love the car more.

24. Model A's are a dime a dozen. 33-34 coupes are hard to find.If you get rid of it you probably won't ever be able to afford another one.Been there,done that.....

25. shoebox50

shoebox50

26. The 34 ain't eating nothing so just sit on it until you can learn how to do the work or find some help,,,don't trade. HRP

27. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Problem solved just send the 34 to me and I will finish it

28. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

1.Keep the coupe.
    2.You will have the same problem when the roadster needs work
    3.If you were out shopping them which would cost more……ya the coupe.
    4.learn how to fix your own cars…….or get a ton of money.

29. No trade !!!!

30. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

Hey Brandon...What did you spend all that dough you got from me for your 34 sedan? Man, I thought you would have the coupe done by now! I'll send you a couple of pictures of the sedan. It's a lot different than what I started with. Oh yeah..KEEP the coupe!!!!!!