Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Driving Miss Vicky w/VIDEO ... It's A Glorious Day!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Nov 20, 2010.

1. hotrod fozzie

hotrod fozzie

NICE WORK!! It's always fun when you get them drivin nice VICKY!

2. Congrats Dave, it doesn't matter if an old guy and a little girl beat you to the intersection at least you're on the road. It's more than I can say!

3. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Yep, you never forget the first time. With the car I mean....
    Did the same thing last year after about the same build time.
    Same thing here as far as working out of an attached garage and hoping the neighbors don't call the fuzz during engine testing.
    Same thing as far as not even being a mechanic or even be allowed to take shop as a kid and guessing my way through things I've never done before.
    Same thing as far as running a little hot in the beginning. Adding a shroud covered that.
    Got her on the road August 2009 and checked last night to see I've hit nearly 10,000 miles since then.

Only reason I spelled it all out like this is to say yours sounds like a very similar situation to mine and I want to tell you it's well worth it. Even the little scars. (Bet you have one or two of them as well) lol.

Thanks so much for sharing your ride up to this point and hope to see you at an event in the coming season..........

4. vert1940

vert1940

thats great!! wonder if the people you passed had any idea why you had that giant smile on your face

5. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Awesome!! Great Job!

6. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

That is a great looking car....I love the Vicky's!!! Drive the heck out of it and enjoy it.....You will definately get compliments...Awesome!:D

7. Sweet, Dave! I can only imagine how you feel...
    Must be nice to see all the hard work pay off!

8. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Looks and sounds awesome man. You did a great job!

Mike

9. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

All right Dave!!!!!!! I'll bet you are willing to agree that the ride was the next best thing to sex.......Then again maybe you had an erotic experience. Congrats. on a job well done.....Howard

10. Tindall

Tindall

The evidence is all over the road way...ill be sure to get a video up sometime.. Congrats on the car! It looks great and sounds great. Hope i get to see it sometime.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I feel your happiness.

12. I'm so freaking jealous!!!! Skipped breakfast to follow your lead, Pop & I spent Saturday working on fabbing lake headers. Can't wait till we get to that maiden voyage. Congrats man! You should be proud of what you've accomplished. It looks and sounds great!

13. no guts no glory! awesome job!

14. Tindall

Tindall

Yep, 3.90 Ratio

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks man. Yes, it does sound like we have a lot in common. I saw your car at the Jalopyrama – it looks good. And so does your photography. I'm sure we'll cross paths at a show in the near future. Maybe the Showdown?

Thanks for the compliments Dave. Coming from someone with REAL cool iron like yours, that means alot.
    Was keeping my eye on a Vicky in a forgotten service station discard field as a kid and dreaming. Still well before I could have done anything about it, the shredder came in and cleared the field. That car was complete and undamaged. Had to been a mechanical problem. But I continue to see the dream through in a rod like yours. Good choice.

You mentioned the showdown. The one near Gettysburg? ( You'll have fun on the track too!)

Wouldn't miss it! Thanks again!

Attached Files:

16. DaveInc

DaveInc

Good job Dave!

17. Tindall

Tindall

yea 9" 31 spline
    i bought a center section all done from a guy in philly... very reasonable.. [email protected] he advertises on ebay...

18. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Very Kool Dave......... great Vid

19. Hot Rods always look better when they are moving!
    Can't wait to catch a ride.

20. JAWS

JAWS

Ditto.

21. Congratulations, Dave!

That reminds me of the scene in "The World's Fastest Indian", when he finally got to the salt flats for the first time, looked across the landscape and realized what he'd gotten himself into... :eek:

22. Great work - now you'll have the winter to finish it up for spring time cruzin! That frist cruise in a new ride is the best, regardless of the problems - a real rush! Congrats!

23. varodder

varodder

That's great Dave! You all should make a road trip to Tommy's after you get a few miles under your belt. (although you would have to leave in the middle of the night since we eat so early:eek:) Great looking car!:D

24. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Every Saturday 7:00 AM or earlier....

25. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Ahhhh......love that sound in the videos...
    And very nice job on that build.
    Good luck...very cool car.

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Car looks great, one of my favorite HAMB builds. This car and a few others help motivate me to work on my Roadster. Happy Thanksgiving! Bob

27. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

awesome build, and I know how you feel, I finally got to drive my "built from scratch" car the other day also.
    I did have help building it, but it gets your heart pumping when you finally get rolling.
    I live in a quite neighborhood also, and most of the neighbors came out of their houses to see what all that racket was,..(supercharged BBC with zoomies) I walked down the street to apologize to them, but they just wanted to see the car again!

28. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Wow Dave, I can't tell you how happy I am for you, this has to feel great! Your car looks & sounds amazing, you should really be proud of your accomplishments here. No easy task doing all you have done on this, & pulling it off so well.

Very inspiring man, thanks!

Dan

29. Hey Dave... This puts a smile on my face as well!

30. -JoeSmith-

-JoeSmith-

I would put that on the "grateful" list today if I was you Dave. Nicely done sir! I look forward to seeing you on the road.