Register now to get rid of these ads!

Annual Automotive Swapmeet Moultrie, Ga

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrconcdid, Oct 29, 2010.

1. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Just a heads up to everyone November 19, 20, 21 in Moultrie , Georgia at Spence Field, this is the Fall Swap meet. I have been going for about 10 years its always a good time, and tons of cars and parts.

I Plan on going Friday Nov. 19,I Would like to invite any other HAMBers to join me for breakfast or maybe lunch at the event.

Heres a link to the Shows website http://www.moultrieswapmeet.com/

Also if anyone has a early twin scoop caddy air cleaner let me know , That's one of the things I will be looking for.

MrC.

2. Brad54, Stevie G and I will be there on Sat- went last year for the first time and had a blast!

3. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Kustm52 and I will be there Thurs. afternoon thru Sat. afternoon. Not sure on our space numbers but we will be right near the Vendors entrance gate. I've also got transport space available from MO and back, so if you've got a car or parts needing moved Moultrie is a great place to meet up.

4. gafridge

gafridge

I will be going down early Sat.morning,gonna meet my dad hes driving up from Jacksonville,Fl.,go to the swap all day,spend the night and head back Sunday.It's a good swapmeet,can find most anything there.

5. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Sounds good I will keep an eye out for you friday, i will be there bright ad early friday. whats in your booth, so i can spot you?

6. 100%Chevy

100%Chevy

I don't want to hi-jack the thread,but can any of you tell me anything about the r.v. parking for visitors.
    Can't get much from the Moultrie people except show up and pay the city.
    I go every fall,but this is my first trip in the r.v.
    Don't know exactly where to park it!
    Thanks for any help.
    Mike.:)

7. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I'm planning to be there, and hope to see some of you guys there. I have been going for years, though not consistently.

8. Reman

Reman
    from Florida

My son and I will be there, probably Friday. We have been going since the mid ninetys. Regarding RV parking, I don't know any details but have friends who park there every year. If you cannot get any info from the site, you could contact Jerry Kelley in Nashville Ga. He is the owner/host of the show and I feel sure would be helpful toward bringing more $$ his way. Also, I think the city of Moultrie owns and operates the grounds. Might try giving them a call. Ron

9. 100%Chevy

100%Chevy

Thanks for the help Ron.
    Mike.:)

10. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

"I don't want to hi-jack the thread,but can any of you tell me anything about the r.v. parking for visitors.
    Can't get much from the Moultrie people except show up and pay the city.
    I go every fall,but this is my first trip in the r.v.
    Don't know exactly where to park it!"

If you go every fall, you know the area. RV's park to the left as you enter Spence Field off the highway.

More parking than ever could be used by the swap meet. I would not hesitate to just "show up."

One of the reasons I've always liked Moultrie is the abundant, free, convenient parking ... they will never run out of parking space for RV's, cars, airplanes, etc.

They also will never run out of flea market space, car corral space ... hell, it's an old USAF airbase ... in SW Georgia ... ain't exactly Manhattan.

11. chopped

chopped

I go for the apple dumplings, been doing it for ten years. I hear they also sell car parts.

12. 29moonshine

29moonshine

x2 on the apple dumplings been going since day one will be set up in the section by the venders gate this year

13. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Ugh... I've gotta de-grease the wagon! I never got around to getting that Mopar center section out of it.

The You-Do-It car wash guy hates me.

-Brad

14. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

Going with my dad Sat and Sunday. Would like to meet any Hambers and or Sock Fuckers.

15. The wife and I will be there bright and early Friday morning. I'm looking for A.D. (52 3100) parts- tailgate & trunnions, roll pan and some cool tail lights. Maybe some sort of dash that looks cool and- well you know how it goes. I've heard of this thing for years- finally going.
    We're pretty stoked.

16. loco73

loco73
    from Alabama

Hey guys, I'm heading out Friday if I can get off work. I am looking for a 55 1st series windshield, rear roll pan, and front bed panel. I have a set of 15" steels with BFG bias plys still in great shape. 55 1st series in cab tank, and some odds and ends.

Thanks Loco

17. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I'm looking for a 255 Offy, and a girl that looks like Jessica Alba that can make biscuits like my grandma used to make.:cool:

18. loco73

loco73
    from Alabama

Leaving o'dark:30 to make it there tomorrow morning with a group. Can't wait! I've heard great things about moultrie for a few years now, but this is my first chance to go.

19. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Ditto on the O-Dark:30 Goal is to make it by 0900 and walk till I drop. Got Lucky this year and found a place in Tifton. Hope to find some early Ford stuff .

20. M/H Speed and Design

M/H Speed and Design

plans changed, im thinking about going down tomorrow morning. I've never been on a sunday, is it worth it or is everyone heading out?

21. HobbyPoor

HobbyPoor
    from Cochran Ga

OMG...I went today until I couldnt walk anymore and never saw half of it.

22. Phil1934

Phil1934

Best deal was at booth in far right back with photo of a Model A still on tires asking $1250 for car. Also slick Corvair with Vette rear and MII and SBC for $10K. Prices for old 3-2 and 2-4 intakes and carbs back down from $1K in previous years to $400. BBC Man a Fre only $1400 w/ like new carbs. On the down side seems new ownership of big hamburgers so will do sausage and peppers next year.

23. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Went yesterday and found a number of deals. Nothing major, just a few odds and ends I needed. Car Corral was packed, was a buyers market and saw a few really good prices on the cars. On the flip side I saw some way over the top prices as well.

There was alot of Model-A stuff, lots of Chevy 350 stuff. Flathead stuff was available, but you had to look hard. Saw a nice 32 K-Member for $850 on Friday, was down to $700 by 4pm Saterday afternoon.

Best deal I saw was a complete 32 Ford Grill shell being carried with a $275 price on the tape. Was patina Blue. I saw it as it was being carried to the parking lot. This was around 1030 Friday morning.

Food was very good this year, from Taco's to Gator Tails. Lots of different choices. Weather was awsome, hope Feb is that nice.

24. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hi folks. Couldn't go but did anyone see a black steel 27 T turtle back with a 327, 4 speed muncie, chrome rear end with cheater slicks out back ? Unsplit front wishbonesand what looked to be real 32 rails? Wondering what they were asking for it? A friend called me describing it but didn't see the price.

25. loco73

loco73
    from Alabama

Great weather on Friday! I only spent one day, but got a great deal on a 55 1st series window. 149 brand new and tinted at that! Saw a few great carb and manifold set ups for 350 sbc. Also got a great deal on astro supreme bullet lugnuts and aluminum bullet center caps.

26. 100%Chevy

100%Chevy

Thanks for the help!
    We drove up and parked on the runway next to where the cars for the car coral enter.About 500' from the swapmeet gate.Exactly what I wanted.
    Paid the city the next morning!
    No big deal.
    We had a blast,got some good deals on parts and I got to meet Jerry,the owner/operator of the meet.I couldn't get some large parts out,so he offered to haul them after closing.Ended up his nephew did it for me.All great people!
    Thanks again for everyones help!
    Mike.

27. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

Ive never been But Iam gona do my best to make it this year if it ant to cold and windy ...

28. killer-D

killer-D

I will have my booth set up.parts,old grilles,surfboards,radial wide whites,pinstriped items,wheels,A model parts,4wheeler.....

I will be pinstriping on site

space 181 section K vendors area

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012