Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN!!! "Ruby Deluxe" 35 Ford custom, built by HHR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hhrTroy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. fanspete

fanspete

If it's not yours....LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!!!!

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The license plate number painted on the roof is an excellent idea.

3. Great idea, but hows that working??

4. Jogyver

Jogyver

That too bad , sorry to heard about it.

A buddy of mine had a racercar and trailer stolen. Of course they were never recovered . He evenually replaced everything . Now to keep it from happening again he has added a few things. He has has strobe lights on his trailer that will go on if it is not plugged into his truck or if it is moved . There are Signs below the lights read " if this light is flashing this tailer has been stolen, report to the police - 911" . It has a battery back up in the trailer along with a solar charger. GPS tracker is also hidden in the trailer.

5. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Why the fuck is this shit happening??

6. belair57

belair57
    from australia

hi Troy sorry to hear about your car, hope you find it,
    i am thinking of putting a tracking device in mine.

7. chickenshift

chickenshift

Wow, this makes me real f@#$%^in sick, and pissed. Is this ever going to end? My condolences to the members who have had to deal with these losses. The time will eventually come for those low-life thiefs.

8. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

So sorry to hear this, Troy! I'm wishing for the best for you, for what it's worth. I hope the bastards are caught and hung. This really sucks!

9. Never assume that your shit is safe, I can't believe the balls on some people. I think a nice big Doberman sleeping in the front seat of the truck would have stopped this. Leave the windows half down so when he barks you can hear it. And answer with a shotgun. That's why I have a 96lbs. Red Male Doberman watching my shit.

10. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Copy and paste this bitch and e mail it to everyone you know

11. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Wheel locks on your trailer anytime it is parked..Besides that, some body needs to die.Two or three dead mofo's in the street, maybe this shit would stop.

12. Diognes56

Diognes56
    from Peoria, IL

Sorry to hear :( . I also shared this on facebook and Lateral-g.net. I hope it is found. When Spectre's show rig (with their El Camino inside) was stolen, they ended up finding the truck and trailer first. The El Camino was found later, pretty much undamaged. I am sorry this happened. I am hoping for the best.

David

13. Diognes56

Diognes56
    from Peoria, IL

14. Gotta agree with ya on that one - a neighbor down the way has a pretty badass lifted crewcab,and other toys, and when I first moved out here I could never figure out why the drivers door was always left open (there's no battery drain 'cause of the OEM battery/light save timmer in the computer)...

One day I pulled in his drive worried that something may have happened to him in his shop (the shop side doors usaully stay open also)... as soon as I opened my truck door - I was meet by two nasty-ass austrailian shepards (dogs, not down-under dawgs) showing me how clean their teeth were! :eek:

Fortunately, I had a bigger nasty-ass doberman-rott mix, so the dogs backed off :p - but message was received!

He told me they have a bed in the back floor of the truck, and food bowls in the shop, and each of his two trailers - all of which THEY are very protective of, and their back-up is a laser-sighted 30.06.

I hope Troy gets some leads, and soon, unfortunately in that area I think you're gonna have to bust some gang punk's head to find your trail.

15. Capochi

Capochi

HIJOS DE PUTA!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you find the car, Good Luck

16. davelamboriginals

davelamboriginals
    from fremont nh

I hope your car is found and the scumbags caught.........string 'em up

17. kenbob26

kenbob26

I have had two of my vehicles stolen only to recover them stripped. It is not a good feeling know what your going thru. I know who stoled the last one and he got HIS! he will walk with a limp and see thru one eye for the rest of his life. he was lucky.

18. Burny

Burny

Holy shit! Looking out in the LBC...

19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

20. Low life theives ! sorry to hear about this ! HAMB Alert !!!! hope this is found, dirt bags !

21. Where did the cops find the truck? Wa it in an industrial area or some where similar to that? How far from you house?

22. sinticket

sinticket

God this sux so damn bad....will keep an eye out here on the east coast

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Where can that car possibly be hidden or sold? I'm trying to fimd the reasoning behind this.
    I hope you recover it, this is a damn shame.

24. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

bump.hope it gets found

25. This really sucks!! Sorry to all those invloved that this type of shit keeps happening.

I would have to agree that there must be an overseas market for these types of high profile vehicles as there just doesn't seem to be enough upside for a thief to steal these to strip and sell off pieces as they are just too unique.

The crazy thing is whoever the fuckers are that are buying them probably have enough money to just make some ridiculous offer to the original owners without having to pull this type of cowardly shit.

26. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

This is very disturbing news. Something has to be done to stop this shit from happening so frequently. Sorry for your loss Troy, hope the car is recovered.

27. modelaman

modelaman
    from sunland ca

Burbank seems like a hot bed for car thieves. My daughter had her truck stolen from her work place in Burbank (no theft ins.) and I had someone try to steal parts off of my 1930 model A in the Frys parking lot in Burbank in broad daylight . My daughters truck was found stripped (total loss) in the bad part of LA and I was lucky they couldn't get the parts off the model A that they wanted, they just did a little damage trying to pry the parts off.

28. Redlined

Redlined
    from SoCal

I would drive to Pasadena, to where the truck was found, and I would go door to door to any business/home remotely close with camera's. I wouldn't wait for the law (they don't really give a crap afterall) on this, and I would look for the rig they switched too after the dump. Capture the pic and go online-hunt them. It might just be someone, that somebody knows. But, I would be in Pasadena, or have a fellow HAMBer aid. If I was closer, shit, I ride for ya. I am afraid, if you wait.....

29. hhrTroy

hhrTroy
    from Burbank

Still looking & hoping.....

I slept a little thinking clearer, come to some conclusions:

1. INSURANCE!!!! I have it, Bugs has it.....if you don't GET IT!

2. LOJACK... the detectives say it works... nearly every time.

3. The HAMB & internet kick ass... over 40,000 trackable views from multiple sites in 24 hours.... and it is still spreading virally!

Will keep you posted....

30. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Troy, I am sorry for your loss. Someone suggested insurance and you should have it. But, speaking from experience it does not replace the feeling of loss one experiences after putting so much time, money and effort into building a car that is "YOUR Creation". Like everyone else, I hope you get justice...........but I'm doubtful that you will. Good luck.
    Rock

Posted just before the previous post by Troy.