Register now to get rid of these ads!

Angle Plug SBC Heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scotch Buzzard King, Nov 18, 2010.

1. I've been looking for a picture of angle plug sbc heads installed on an engine with the plugs installed, but I am coming up empty handed. Someone help me...

2. fitzee

fitzee

here ya go

Attached Files:

3. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Hope these might help you....Rich

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  4. Angle plug heads work best with old manifolds; mainly the ram-horn style. Keeps the spark plug wire away from the manifold. Thank you for your pictures.

Deuces likes this.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Here are set set of aluminum heads ( angle plug ) with Ram Horn manifolds :D

6. Deuces

Deuces

The over the counter iron "492" and "292" GM castings had that feature.. Those were good for another 10 horsepower over the straight plug heads....

7. fltnlow

fltnlow
    from Burbank

Not the best picture, but just took these the other day after putting new valve covers on top of the 292's....

I can always of course take some better pics tomorrow.

Attached Files:

8. Deuces

Deuces

Anyone have pictures of the 492 and 292 bare castings and or fully assembled with the screw in studs and guide plates??? If so, please post them.... Thanks a million!!! :)

9. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

My first 2 shots have what your looking for in post #4....Rich

10. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah I seen those... Thanks! But I'm also looking for pictures of the combustion chambers and intake ports on those heads.... I should have mentioned that before... DOH!

11. YoungGun

YoungGun

IN PIX:

ok the heads laying flat on the bench are 492 ANGLE PLUGS..they have screw in studs and guide plates just not on heads right now.im wanting to have 2.05s installed and get them ported and polished..only mods so far are intake gasket matched..

the blue one standing is a 492 angle plug..have the pair(read below)

the 2 orange standing in back are 461 camel humps 2.02s pinned studs and ready to go (for sale:)

WHAT I HAVE OFF FOR PIX:

i have 2 pairs of the 492 angles

1 pair of straight plug 492s..are virgins was going to use till i found my angle plugs

1 pair 461 humps

all are off motors can snap pix what are you looking for??

the blue 492 angles are junk(parts now) they were cut for roller springs in the 70s and are leakers now so they kicked the bucket in 2000 they were my dads

BTW: i have had angle plugs on a nova with heads for straight plugs only..it will work but you need short plugs i have NOS AC delco plugs they do not make anymore cant even cross them to a plug..im sure theres something out there that will work for non angle headers

the 492s i put plugs in are my most recent buy im putting them on my 355 with dome pistons

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  12. We (Doug's Headers, Patriot Exhaust) make plenty of headers for angle plug heads specifically.

Deuces likes this.
  13. patman

patman

Don't own 'em any more, but...here are some 492 pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  14. oj

oj

You can plug and redrill your heads to angle plug, now thats really old school. My old 461X heads were done that way. I don't remember the 292 being actually available - is my memory right? They were called the 'turbo' head? Do i have my numbers right? Been a long time. I thought only a few super stock racers got them, Grumpy etal.

Deuces likes this.