Register now to get rid of these ads!

STOLEN!!! "Ruby Deluxe" 35 Ford custom, built by HHR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hhrTroy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

I feel... sad. Maybe finding the truck means they can find the car, or the people that took it all. Hope it isn't on it's way to some dick-bag sheik, drug lord, etc.

2. Johnny  B

Johnny B

sorry to hear the bad news thats a beautiful car i was @ del mar when u won the award the award there.... luckily i got some pics willl keep my eyes out....

3. DIRTY F'n BASTARDS! They need to be found, tied to a tree and stoned by HAMBER'S!

4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Can't believe that someone would steal a car of this high profile...hard to fathom. I guess the old axiom is true ....if a thief really wants your car there isn't much you can do to stop them. Two cars in Burbank from high profile Hot Rod guys....makes you wonder?

5. fleet

fleet
    from Sweden

This is heartbraking... I hope your car come back to you.

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Not again! What is it with the rise in vintage cars in trailer thefts lately??

It's almost like one needs to take turns pulling guard duty with a loaded .45 at the ready.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  7. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

8. S.F.

S.F.

Damn it! dude someone is up to somethin here, thers been alot of hot rods stolen lately...theres somethin going on...

9. That's absolutely horrible news to hear, my heart goes out to everyone that had a vested interest in the car. If there's a very small sliver lining to be found in this enormous dark cloud. It is the fact that, while still missing, the "Ruby Deluxe" is more then likely still completely intact and hopefully unharmed.

One-off custom cars like the "Ruby Deluxe" in my opinion, have more in common with a Donatello or Michelangelo sculpture then the average hot rod or custom found at your local car show. Custom cars built to the highest standard of fit, finish, and quality are truly three dimensional motorized pieces of art. They provide inspiration and enjoyment to the masses, yet they are owned by a select few. When a priceless work of art is stolen from a museum. The museum's first thoughts turn to seeing the work of art returned to it's legal owner. While their second thoughts are to hope and pray that the work of art was not irreparably damage or worse, destroyed during the heist. So too our my thoughts about the "Ruby Deluxe".

Given that the tow rig has already been found and the trailer and car are still missing. I can only hope that the criminals who stole the "Ruby Deluxe" used velvet hands during it's heist, and that wherever it may be tonight that it is being taken care of with as much consideration and care, as if it were in the possession of it's owner. That way, one day we can all hopefully see the "Ruby Deluxe" reunited with it's rightful owner Bug's.

10. chrisp

chrisp

WTF, this ride is impossible to sell, even for parts!
    What's the idea of stealling such a car?

11. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

the people who took it most likely had no idea what they stole when they took the truck and trailer. you know they would freak out when they find out its famous one off! if they are smart they will leave it someplace. hope they find it

12. absolutely sickening...sorry for the loss. Maybe it was Nicolas Cage and his cohorts. i think it is an eye opener for the rest of us to take precautions with our old heaps. I know after hearing about Casny's T-bird being stolen it really made me nervous. I had the tendency to leave windows down and even keys in the ignition at times. I installed some surveillance cameras and motion lights to perhaps deter whoever might want my clunkers. Unfortunately, I have a dog that will probably hand them the keys for a cookie and a little love. Like was said by many others, I am sure it is on its way to some underground garage overseas where it will be parked between Hummers and Rolls Royces. Very sad...

13. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

These bastards need to be caught and handed some Charles Bronson style Vigilante justice!!!! Beat the living fuck out of them the cut off fingers one by one, see if they'll want to steal another car again.

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

That sucks ass! Hope you find them!

15. historynw

historynw

Gonna have to start embedding our cars with locaters.

16. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yea, its called low jack!

17. 63Compact

63Compact

Very sorry to hear, hope it all turns out for the best.

18. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Oh no. Not again. My heart sank when I read this. I just hope and pray it was an unsuspecting person that stole a truck and trailer thinking it was full of tools or something. Maybe we'll hear of the car being abandoned somewhere unhurt. Cross your fingers!!

19. fucking painful. sorry to hear guys!!

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Here we go again folks..another full tow rig trailer and car heist.
    what a shame.

21. onedge

onedge

doesnt sound good with finding the truck, I feel so rotten for you people.

22. LabRat

LabRat

Just plain sickening ....

23. Hang 'em High! I really hope it is recovered in one piece.

24. klazurfer

klazurfer

As Johnny bondo said :
    the people who took it most likely had no idea what they stole when they took the truck and trailer. you know they would freak out when they find out its famous one off! if they are smart they will leave it someplace...
    Smart thives if they do ,.. On crack if they dont ..

Sure hope they are Smart !

Klaz

25. yngrodder

yngrodder

Why don't the police get a truck and a enclosed trailer put a couple officers in the trailer and park it in that area and see what happens. This is the same area that Aarons trailer got jacked is it not?

26. klazurfer

klazurfer

Pix ?

" Truck, trailer and car were all stolen:
    Truck: 2007 Chevy 2500HD Deisel Classic, Pewter Grey. License plate 8D40441
    Trailer: all black 24' Hallmark, license plate: 4GT8289 "

Some might have seen the Truck & trailer ,... Pix can be helpfull !

Car inside o trailer is easy to spot when unloaded ....

Any progress ?
    Klaz

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

There MUST be a way to find out where these cars are going and try to stop the madness at the "evil-consumer" end of it all. Fuck. So sorry to hear about another hot rod theft. Gary

28. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This is the most brazen classic car theft I can think of. I'm so terribly sorry for your loss

29. Not good and too far away, will pass the word on this side.
    RB

30. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

Unbelievable! Seems no one is safe from these parasites!
    Best of luck in getting that awesome car back, it's truly inspiring.
    Shame this shit happens.