Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration You gotta see this! Estate Sale Purchase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by G V Gordon, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Weasel

Weasel

It really needs to join it's bigger sibling....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

sell it to the guy who is making the 32 ford 5 window bodies in china. He might make these there too and sell these as a pedal car kit

3. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

I'd find out what it's worth before I painted it. Sometimes pieces are worth a crapload untouched no matter how bad they look and aren't worth anything if you refinish them. I was watching antiques roadshow and thought this one lady was going to slit her wrists when she found out what her piece would have been worth had she not refinished it. :eek:

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Home for now over the art table.

[​IMG]

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That is really something special, what a great find, I hope you leave it just the way it is and stare at it once in a while.

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

wow! thats cool, and no I dont have one ....yet. I would candy , pearl, metalflake and chrome it to within an inch of its life!!!

7. You? You'd take it to within 3/16" of its life!:D

8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

9. old_iron

old_iron
    from California

Wow, that's wicked cool. If I were you I'd never paint it, leave it as it is. It's still cool as-is and if someday you or your kids want to sell it it'll be worth more in original condition.

10. I'm digging the idea of a frame around it and glass on top for a coffee table. Add me to the list to buy a copy...that's what I'd do with mine and put it in the waiting room in my office. :) Cool find George!!

11. Very cool. Paint it!

12. I'd cover it in saran wrap, spray a couple of heavy coats of mold release on it, cover it with that rubber roof paint, then build a rough female mold... peel out the saran wrap, and made a plaster of paris shell, fill it with expanding urethane foam... and finish the outside of the plaster smooth and paint it... THEN make a REAL female mold and pop out a limited edition of 10.

Keep one, then sell one to me to make a pedal car.

13. skidsteer

skidsteer

Don't change it, real collectors item. Take it to Hershey next October, and find out what it's really worth.

14. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I was wondering what Moriarity would do with it! To bad he can't be turned loose with one.

15. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Yeah it would be cool original but you know....it would be cooler in some flake and a ton of chrome. Post 1000! Hell yeah!