Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moved To Costa Mesa, CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chevy54, Nov 7, 2010.

1. firingorder1

firingorder1

Thats quite heart wrenching. That is until the temp outside drops to 10 or 15 deg. then it don't mean squat!!

Glad you're enjoying Costa Mesa. Brace yourself. We have a "storm" arriving this weekend. The temps are expected to plummet into the 60s. : - )

2. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Man...........why did that dude have to mention The Hat. Frick that was good pastromi!

3. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Lucky for me Im in sunny Scottsdale AZ for the GG show..be back tue when its all over!:D Then I can continue my quest of eating at all the great places u all have suggested...So far im really diggin Mesa Taco!

4. Johnny  B

Johnny B

welcome to so cal cruise down to the broiler on a wednesday night.... downeys not too far from costa mesa

5. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanx, Every wed? what time roughly?

6. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Aint that the truth!!:eek:

7. og54chevy

og54chevy

welcome to cali chevy54 i seen u in my shop car looks tits . oh i work at hub

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Now that you're in socal , remember that the storm that's here today will be in Arizona tomorrow ! Have a good time at the show . By the way there's a good BBQ place not to far from the event site called " bad to the bone " good stuff !!

9. FONZI

FONZI

Looking forward to seeing that Chevy. Welcome to cruising paradise. Hit me up if you ever need an extra set of hands.

Fonzi

10. Yep, The Hat has world famous pastrami, and if you want to try it with a bit different taste, order it on Rye with Mayo and a dash of mustard. Completely changes the flavor of the Pastrami, for the better!

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

OG....Thanx man

Phil......Yeah the rain showers suppossed to hit here Sunday, The 54 won The Lowered Lids award so I told em Id be there sunday....prob in the rain :(

Fonzi...Thanx bro thats good to know, hit me up sometime for a brew sometime!

Hotroddon...Man, now I have another food joint to try out!! hah its all good tho!

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Congrats on the award !

13. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

check out Costamesaspeedway for next seasons dates, Always a great time!! 500cc, no brakes!!, the smell of methanol, little dirt in your beer, its a party, some of the best speedway riders in the nation, you will be hooked

14. hbwoody

hbwoody

Jerry Brown signed the Y.O.M. license plate bill into law when he was Governor!

15. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

if your ever down in Norco off the 15 swing by the norco famous burger on hamner and try there pastrami ask for them to drain the meat and add extra mustard and pickles. if your ever on the 605 stop off on Whittier blvd and go to oasis mariscos get the shrimp ceviche that shit is addicting

16. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Im not firmilar?? Was that a good thing for us hotrodders and the use of original plates or a bad thing?? I found 3 sets of 63' (black w yellow) Cali plates at the swap meet here in az yesterday but I was told I need the 51' with a 54 tag... to bad they werea good price and in good shape!

17. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

My shop buys from HUB just about every day. I am always amazed at what you guys have in stock.

18. Hub Auto on Harbor? First started buying there in 1971!

19. Been thinking alot lately bout getting back home to San Diego or nearby. Been all over since 17. Transplanted to Seattle area from Diamond Bar in 93 for work. Like to say transplanted but not taken root. Doing the snowbird thing now but have to leave the cars home. Sitting in an RV park in Northridge today enjoying the rain (NOT!). Heading for Mesa AZ tomorrow for a few months. Only concern I have bout coming back its getting the cars registered with all the YOM issues. The 32 actually started out here. Bought it in 91. Only the body and chassis still the same. Remember finding the original Serial Number on the chassis while cleaning it up and was able to get a Deputy Sheriff to come to the house within 15 minutes of calling to verify the number. Took the form to the Fullerton DMV and got rid of the 1972 Special Construction number. Bet you can't do that any more. It's currently titled as a 1932 Street Rod in WA. Wifes 39 is titled as a 39 Ford.

20. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Welcome to CAlifornia brother! Can't wait to meet you! You're welcome to come visit anytime, but you gotta drive the chevy! :)

21. Actually you can.....and it's just that easy.....I went to AAA for verification.....

22. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Thanx Ian...its a deal bro!

Chris..The Hub on Harbor is my go to parts store now also..they seem to have there shit together...plus u guys dont have NAPA s on every corner like we do back east!:eek:

23. Wow. I first took the form to the Pomona DMV and they said the Highway Patrol were the only ones who could verify VINS/SN's, (which I actually knew). So I tried the Fullerton DMV and succeeded. Must have been a recent rule change they were not aware of. Of course this was all in 1992 and lots has probably changed since then but I didn't think it was for the better.

24. hbwoody

hbwoody

I don't know how it could be a bad thing .. it's your choice to run them or not. Y.O.M. means "Year of Manufacture" so in CA if you have a 1954 car you need a pair of 1951 plates with a 1954 metal tag.

25. BadLuck

BadLuck

Welcome to So*Cal! I'll see you around, were hitting the Bo Huff show next week then it will be Mooneyes next month, come by and say hi... and you def gotta stop by Ians.. helluva guy... bring your swim trunks lol!

26. hotpilot

hotpilot

I've been in Costa Mesa since 1972! Can't beat the weather. We hope to see you at the Donut Shop some Saturday at Magnolia and Adams. If yuo haven't been there yet, you won't believe the gathering every Saturday morning. Some arrive at 4 am; most are gone by 9am.

27. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I think u misunderstood me bro..I was wondering what the law was he passed as in did it help us being able to run yom tags or could we always run them and he made it mor difficult?

Thanx man..Im def going to get up to check out Ians new shop and that bitchin Chevy! Ill be a Mooneyes, on the bike tho as the Chev is being worked on for the next few weeks

Totally diggin Costa Mesa!! Been to DD a couple times and had the Chevy there last week as I knew it would be away for a few weeks..Ill catch you there man!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  28. HUB!!, i used to get my stuff there in the late 80's/early 90's when i lived near there.......down here it baums auto supply, support your local auto parts store!.

29. hbwoody

hbwoody

Gov. Brown signed into law a bill that made it possible for us to run Y.O.M. plates. Nothing has been introduced to make it more difficult. The only change was to include trailers and expand it to include more years. Welcome to California, you're going to love it!

30. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Ok..gotcha, thats a good thing then!! Thanx for the info and the welcome man!