Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats up with Daytona Mig?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Bad Dad, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

:confused:
    I ordered parts from Daytona mig in Dec. I called Jan 5 and found out parts were on backorder, but should ship within 10 days. Still nothing, and now I can't get them to answer their phone. Anybody know if they are having problems or going out of business or something? I just need my welder fixed and if they cant help, I need to move on................
    Thanks for letting me vent.:mad:

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the submarine from China got sunk

3. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

i think there stuff is made in Italy. at least my plasma cutter was. which this could be bad news for me too. i need some consumables from them.

4. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Yes the stuff for the welder is supposed to be coming from Italy. That's what she told me was on back order when I called them on Jan. 5th. I just wish they would communicate. They do not respond to e mails and their answering machine system will not accept messages.I just need to know if my parts are still coming or not...:confused: Damn good customer service! :eek:

5. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

BTTT:mad:
    I have still been able to get NO communications from them. Anybody on here from the Daytona Fl. area that may be able to provide any info about them?
    After a bunch of online research, they seem to be the only source I have been able to find for parts for my Italian made "NAPA" mig welder. This is the same as a Marquette brand welder and seems to have been originally manufactured in Italy by Cebroas.

I am thinking about canceling my order, but I really dont know how since they do not respond to e mail or answer their phones. I dont want to buy another welder and then have them send me the parts and charge me for them later! :eek: Thanks from a very frustrated "customer".
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Big Bad Dad

6. i hope they are still around. i have been buying consumables for my Italian made plasma cutter from them

7. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

I cancelled the order for the parts today. I searched the web and found many others had a similar experience when trying to deal with Daytona mig.
    Here is a draft of the e mail I sent them:
    This order is CANCELLED as of today, Feb. 2,2010. Do not send any
    parts or bill my credit card. I called Jan. 5th and was told the parts
    were on backorder and should go out in 10 days. Have not received
    them. I have e mailed your company and gotten no response. I have
    called several times since then and can not get anyone to answer the
    telephone. I have not been able to leave a message as your automated
    robot says there is no room for messages. If you are still in
    business, your customer service stinks. If you are out of business,
    you should have the courtesy to notify customers waiting on your
    product. I have researched the internet and found multiple complaints
    about your company nearly identical to mine.
    Lee Sumpter

:mad:

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The current economic crisis is hitting the whole world. I'm sure we'll hear of many stories like this before everyone is back on their feet.

Frank

9. dmw56

dmw56

I had one of the Cebroas I bought through Daytona for about $400. It never fed the wire smoothly and was a cheap POS. I guess I got what I paid for! I through It away and bought a Lincoln.

10. The current economic crisis has nothing to do with customer service. If you are still in business, or out of business, have the courtesy to let your customers know.

11. Norfab

Norfab

Alot of their stuff was Cebora which was also sold under a bunch of other names, Marquette may have been one of them. When Daytona couldn't get me a PC board for my little plasma cutter in a timely fashion I was able to cross it to another brand name and get it from another supplier. You might give that a shot.

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You have all just posted reasons why you should only buy Miller or Lincoln equipment. :)

Larry.

13. Or Hobart, also made in the USA.

14. carkiller

carkiller

I to have used Daytona mig for consumables for my italian plasma cutter, Always slow to ship.After about four calls and thirty days I get part of my order??? I havent gotten the rest of it. been maybe a year.

15. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Yup, don't mind stuff from good trading partners, but if you can't get parts what good is it. Buy American!

16. Yes, I have a NAPA #85-435 mig welder and had excellent luck with it for 20 years and consumables are obsolete outside of Daytona, I have been waiting for 6 MONTHS for nozzles! Any one know where else to get them? If not I guess it's time to buy a bigger better machine, just seems crazy to me but it is the world we live in, the disposable society of now.

17. nutajunka

nutajunka

Here in indy there is some pretty big welding supply outlets. I would maybe suggest looking into a part that might cross referance the part you need.

18. Buford

Buford

19. When I was working in the Aerospace world we had business with Italian companies and getting things in or out of that country took and act of Congress. They tax everything whether it's for resale or not. I'd bet that's where the bottleneck is although no excuse for poor customer service on this end except they are probably tired of saying sorry. You might check ESAB for parts. Italian made and pretty popular from what I've seen. No idea if anything is interchangeable or can be had any quicker.

20. gas pumper

gas pumper

Just another factor to consider. I was talking the other day to a person who is in the importing of clothes business and thet their business is basically at a standstill right now since The USA has just changed customs inspection procedures and taxes and fees for landing containers ffrom ships. Seems that this was a suprise move by the gov't and that stuff that was enroute gets hits with extra fees if it trys to land, so ships are sitting with cargo waiting for a resolution. In other words it's a cash deal for the shipping company to be able to unload the ship. No pay, no docking. The customer who shipped didn't pay the extra freight since our govt didn't tell anybody they were gonna do this.

So stuff from all over the world is sitting out at sea. And on foreign docks not even being loaded til this is resolved.

Maybe this could be a good thing?
    The clothing guy says that the only thing they can buy in the US is cotton T shirts. So they are doing that, the rest of their products are from other countries. Cause they can't get the material here to make stuff.

21. Buford, thanks for the tip as they had in stock the mig nozzles I needed for my NAPA 85-437 welder. I have been waiting so long for them from Daytona! These guys were super! Thanks again, Tim

22. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Thanks for the tip also. However, I need more than tips and nozzle to get mine working. I am planning to replace it with a USA welder that I can easily obtain parts for.

23. Take the parts you need to a reputable welding shop and they can probably cross over something that will work. My SNAP ON ya212 is in the same boat. I usually take what a I need and they help me out with parts that will work. I just make sure to buy extras every time.

24. fatboys69

fatboys69
    from Tennessee

I just used BUFORDS link to HTP and spokw with Jeff and got the parts for my Daytona 883 welder ( stuff is in stock ), he said they have plasma parts as well. These guys at HTP are great and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.:)

25. MRWELD500

MRWELD500
    from home

They are essentially out-of-business due to non payment of their suppliers and are working out of a garage at their home. The mailing address is a UPS Store.

I wouldn't deal with them for anything as they don'y have the ability to stock quality replacement parts. If you need parts for the Daytona Mig machines go to one of the following financial stable dealers:

http://www.zpcut.com/ or http://weldingdirect.com/

26. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I had this same problem about 3yrs with D/M. I just junked the welder, and cut my losses.

27. ironpile

ironpile

I bit the bullet several years ago and bought a Miller from a dealer that has been in business a long time.Spent a large chunk of change but service has been excellent.

28. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Too bad they went down the shitter.
    I still have my well used 10 year old Daytona mig, but when I needed a new gun/trigger for it, I just took it to the local welder repair place (WesTec here in Sac) and they switched the whole cable/gun etc. over to parts from another brand.
    It's working great now - hopefully good for another 10.

29. Panamared

Panamared

I had the same issue but just found a place to get parts for Daytona Mig or most of the other small Italian welders or plasma cutters. Ordered and shipped the same day. Send Elaine (very prompt and nice to deal with) an email [email protected] or visit www.cebotechusa.com .
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Rob<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

30. 72LS5

72LS5
    from FL

I know old thread, but hoping to save others a headache. I live about 45 minutes away from where they used to be. Have had no luck tracking them down, the phone # I found for them is no longer in service, etc. I need my machine serviced, no one local wants to touch it. Guess it is time to throw it away and buy a damn Lincoln. :mad: