Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Crystal Lake, Il

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Panamared, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Panamared

Panamared

Yes another newbie but only to this forum.

I am working on my 52 Ford F1 Panel and wanting to "gasser" the front end and would love to get some of the wisdom for the 74,000+ people out there (not all at once I hope).

I would like to know how to measure the height and weight of the springs and other useful info. It already has a straight axel and leaf springs which should make it easier.

It started with a flat 6 (no I didn't swap it, I just got the sloppy seconds), and and now has a big block 460 with all the trimmings, C6 and 4.56 gears on a 9".

Any help would ba appreciated.

Rob

2. gcn3636

gcn3636
    from kansas

not sure about about your front end stuff, but i have a 1949 f1 that i am considering a 460/c6 swap. would you recommend it? thanks

gabe

3. Rob, you are welcome here, but please make a proper Intro, and tell us something about yourself. This page is for personal intro's. Maybe read the Sticky, might make it easier than my inability to explain. Good Luck to You!

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

4. Panamared

Panamared

Sure it was not that bad. I took out the firewall as it looked like something from Bonnie and Clyde (lots of holes). Just make sure you have clearance for your steering and headers. I also ran into a problem with the proximity to of the headers to the starter motor reduced the life of the starter. I corrected that with a heat reflective blanket.

Rob

5. Panamared

Panamared

Will do. Sorry about that.

Rob