Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 roadster lakes tarp, tonneau cover,or whatever you call it..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowsquire, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Notice the NUMBER PLATES. yep, full registration. kinda a big deal down here.[/QUOTE]

Should'nt you have stuck with the trend of personal plates, something like 32RSTR, BLCK32, or 'FIRDY2 (NSW)' just to remind everyone what it is :)

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Nice...but which way does your toilet water spin?? :D Nice cover, real clean stitching!

3. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

It just gushes straight up out of the bowl and soaks you. you Americans dont Know how easy you got it.

yeh the stitching is great..he normally does porsches/ferraris.. all those dick substituters expect perfection.

cactus1 likes this.
  4. VonWegener

VonWegener

I like the Iphone pics. And that building you are in is pure style. I guess that is an older part of town? What was it originally? Oh - and your steering - never mind! I don't need a reason really. Cheers!

5. As close to perfection as it gets, I reckon

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Water? Try the long drop!!

Roadster looks very sweet with the tonneau mate and congrats on the full rego, way to go man.

Doc.

PS, my frig opens from the bottom........

7. Shhhhhh... ;)

Seriously though, about those number plates. They look like shit. Can't you get some period plates? Do they reissue them in Vic? You can get them over here, black on white or white on black.

...don't get me started on bleedingly obvious number plates. :rolleyes:

Maybe you could get RED34, or 36CHEV just to confuse the masses.

8. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

temporary measure brootal, the real ones are yet to be found.. so anyone who has a pair of Vic 2 letter 3 number plates starting with a "V " or a "W" in any condition ,let me know...those plates would be 1948-1952 issue. solid money paid!

9. This is GREAT stuff. I have an appointment with a shop in London Ont. in a couple of weeks for a tonneau cover for the roadster. Perfect timing for the thread. Thanks !
    Ron

Attached Files:

10. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Here's mine. Replaced a black naugahyde cover with red canvas. Steering wheel has a quick connect for easy removal. Also acts as an anti-theft device!

Attached Files:

11. Thats cool. I've been wanting one for a long while. Just can't pull the trigger yet,

12. Picked up the roadster this morning from the upholstery shop in Ailsa Craig to return it to London. I was really looking forward to seeing the tonneau cover as I have never been disappointed with Dave Picher's work and I couldn't be happier with the job he did for me this time. When Jim and I dropped the car off at his shop on Wed., we talked about what he thought and what I wanted it to look like, and he certainly delivered the goods. WOW!

It's a nice, satisfying feeling to be at this stage of the "Ghost Rider Project" !
    Take care, Ron
    p.s. the existing roadster top snaps were used for the rear of the tonneau.

Attached Files:

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've always liked the looks of tonneau covers. If I ever get to the point that my '30 roadster is ready for one I think it will have an oval zip out section rather than a roll up half.

14. Kid.. The look is neat ok but wouldn't you need a crew member to snap you in?

15. Rochie

Rochie

WELL HELL....You're in town and no phone call???? 519-472-4398

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Not really, somewere around here is an ad from 1904 with four people in a touring car equiped with a tonneau cover designed to zip or snap onto special raincoats the passengers wore.

17. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Has anyone had a cockpit tarp made out of "SunBrella" which is the material most boat canvas is made from? Problems with it?

18. Bill; Mine was made with "StayFast" conv. top material. I like the product very much!
    Ron
    p.s. Your roadster looks fantastic. Any more pictures?

19. Thats what I used. Works well but you need a strong machine to sew it. Moms machine struggled at times.

20. Nice !!

Gotta keep this cat in mind for future trim work man.

Rat

21. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

No way I'm going to do it myself. Is the boat canvas material as waterproof as the older-type convertible top material? The stuff I'm thinking of has sort of a 'hard' finish as opposed to Hartz cloth or Sunbrella, which is sorta soft and fuzzy.

22. My son picked up the tonneau cover today from the embroidery shop in London and sent me this picture. I'm very pleased with the way the stiching turned out! The graphic is located on the right front corner of the cover and if the tonneau gets back on the roadster (which is in storage), this weekend I will add a picture or two of it, in place.
    Sure looking forward to seeing the roadster again and taking it to Detroit in Feb.
    Ron
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

23. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

Your roadster looks great with it. Tonneau covers really add a 'finished' look to open cars. This is my 35 Phaeton with one. Nice place to hide the beer at car shows :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. turney33

turney33
    from pasco,wa

good looking tonneau, great car!

25. Well, the tonneau cover is back on the roadster, safe and sound. As it is still in the hauler, it was a little difficult to get a good picture of it, as you might imagine. Anyway, here it is.
    Ron <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files: