Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hemi help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wrenchbender54, Dec 12, 2005.

1. A few years ago, I bought a couple of 392's. One in pieces, and one complete engine. The complete engine had this plate bolted to it. Is this an OEM part, or something aftermarket. The DCPD tells me that it came from Ma Mopar. I've owned several hemi's, but I've never seen another one of these plates. I've since sold the 392's, so it's just a garage wall hanger now.

Attached Files:

2. Otto

Otto

My 392 had one too. I was told it was a factory piece. It's hanging on my wall as well. Wanna start a club?

3. I'm not sure, but it looks like a TF might bolt to it. Starter is in the right place.

4. Add me to the club, I have one hanging two. That plate is is for mounting the starter with the original trans. There was no provisions to mount the starter to the bell housing. It is also needed with older trans adapters( LaSalle,early ford etc.)

Attached Files:

5. the powerflyte trans used those plates, the torqueflyte probably did too. At least in the case of the pf, the bellhousing was the same for either 6 or 8 engines, the adapter plate was the difference. I have 4 or 5 of those plates, maybe I should hang 'em up in my garage.

6. WEREROD

WEREROD
    from Dago

It is called the "horseshoe" it is the original OEM adapter plate for the tranny it has its place in the world when you want to use some, adapters that need it.

I have one but... I could use another one!!!!

AAAAHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!

Attached Files:

7. nada

nada
    from prescott

Ok guys I really need your help!I have two! One is on my 56 354 and I don't know if it is the right one!I also have a 331 and the thickness on them is different!I think the 331 is 1/2inch thick and the one on the 354 is 3/4 inch thick!There must be different ones for different years.The reason I ask is I am having starter engagement issues!When I try to crank the motor it just jams.I'm wondering if the position of the starter changes? Different horseshoe adapter,different starter placement?Please help!