Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvelous pictures! That teaser is epic! I just ordered my copy. I can't wait to get it. Congrats on your premier! That is so badass! All the cars backed in and the old time theater. Holy shit balls!! You covered all the basis. I can't f'in wait!

2. Congratulations Faith!! .. I knew it was going to be one hell of an event.

3. redtracker

redtracker

cant wait to see the movie it looks like you did an amazing job you should be really proud

4. scottie

scottie

cant wait for my copy to wing its way to Scotland

5. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Another feedback via facebook message from Lori, of the Gasoline Girls:

<< I can't stop thinking about your film, Faith, and the more I read about the process, the more impressed I become. Then I saw the picture with you and the camera... OMG.... that was P2??? I shoot P2 for NBC and it sure the hell never looks like that!! I'm assuming the lens modification helps... but WOW. I'm stunned. Looking forward to seeing you again. Come hang with us. And thanks for making the film.
    Lori >>

I'll post more feedbacks as they come in... Also, more photos of the cool cars coming up tomorrow :)

6. Congrats Faith - I am so pleased for you
    Greg Stokes
    New Zealand

7. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Another one came in from dry lake racer:

<< I came to the premiere on Sunday with high expectations for seeing a true 50's hot rod movie. My expectations were certainly met but I had not expected to be taken on an emotional roller coaster; it's rare that I cry in a movie but you got to me.

GREAT!!!! Thanks for being you! >>

I can say there probably were not too many dry eyes in the audience at the end of the film. And if so, then that means I did my job right as a story teller. :D

8. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

A few more great shots from Gasoline Girl, some of these photos look right out of the fifties LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Lori herself :))

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bradroe

bradroe

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for the DVD. Looks like the Premier was well attended and with great taste. Thanks again Faith for all you have done. By the way the Roadster is Bitchin!!!!!!!

10. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Nice! Congrats Faith!

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Congrats Faith and all involved! I can't wait to see it!

12. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I had a great time and the movie is really really good. I watched again last night with the kids.

13. docauto

docauto
    from So Cal

we had a good time at the premier. It was good to see my red roadster again!

14. Blue

Blue

Outstanding Faith! Looks like it was an amazing premier. And so well deserved.
    I love the pic of Gene and Timothy in the '32. Gene could be thinking, '
    "Son, you have no idea what lies ahead of you".

Attached Files:

15. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Blue Now THAT is a fact! Tim is a class act, sitting with a seasoned Class Act!

16. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Did you freak out when you saw it getting obliterated :eek: ??

I loved when I said to the audience : "No car was hurt during the making of this film" and everybody clapped LOL... Looked damn real though didn't it ??

17. Da Flash

Da Flash

HI Faith,
    We are really sorry we could not make it to the premier. The photos and reactions tell the story that it was a great event. The plan is to have a showing here for our friends in the area, make a party of it and enjoy your wonderful picture.
    Congrats on your success, you, your cast, and those that helped as a team to finish the project certainly deserve it.
    All the best
    Dale Moreau

18. Jax2A

Jax2A

Hey come on throw out a spoiler alert before you blurt out something like that. Some of us don't read the last chapter first.

19. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

HAHA don't worry, nothing has been spoiled. There is never a hot rod film without at least one crash. That's tradition ;) - EVERYBODY expects a crash at some point in the film. Who, what, why, how and what happens before and after the crash is what's the surprise :D

20. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Good for you Faith....Just ordered my copy.

I must say, I had my doubts that you would make it happen. So many of these ventures fail....Hope yours turns into a big success.

21. Congrates Faith, can't wait to see the movie!!

22. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Congrats, looks like a good time was had by all.

23. bear39

bear39

Been waiting for this to come out just ordered 5 minutes ago hope to have it before christmas to see it to see how many I need for presents Bear

24. A BONED

A BONED

Everyone else here has said what we are all thinking. Fantastic effort, we all behind you. I hope there's a chance it finds it's way to Australia, I'll order the DVD anyway.

Congratulations!

25. Faith,,are you and the cast getting writers cramps yet signing all the DVD'S ?,,:) HRP

26. Jay71

Jay71

The wife and I cruised the wagon out to see the premier. Think we were the last car to pull in. Never been to any kind of movie premier so it was kind of exciting to be a part of. Beautiful day with lots of fun stuff to do. The movie was real cool and the popcorn was damn good too. Congrats on completeing the movie. must have been very rewarding to actually see it on the big screen for you Faith. You should do it every weekend.:D

27. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

Congrats on the successful premiere! Stacy sent me these pics, it looks like it was a blast, thought I'd post them up for everybody to see :)

I hope you have a smash hit on your hands!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Ask me again tomorrow - we start in an hour... And will sign for the next 5 days :eek:.. I'm not kidding.

Let's see how fast we get by Sunday night but i am sure we will have a LAAAARGE number of them done (if not all) and I will be able to start shipping as scheduled, Monday, starting with DVD #1 and all the way down that LOOOONG list :). Each time I ship a DVD I will drop a short email notification to the buyer, so make sure to check your emails / spam folders and remember: the notification will go to whatever email address you provided when you ordered.

29. dsr_54

dsr_54

I can't wait to see the movie.

30. LongT

LongT

Signing all the DVDs is almost as big an undertaking as filming the movie. Well I guess not. Congratulations!!

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.