Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please be safe !Another sad story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truckncoupe, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Prayers for the family. I just laid under my car every night for two weeks, so this hits close to home.

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Our prayers are with him and his family .. RIP

3. Rattlepopbang

Rattlepopbang
    from Va beach

Sad,very sad indeed......Thoughts go out for the family.JACKSTANDS FOLKS!!!I force myself to use them but I use em..

4. bobber's54

bobber's54

Prayers going out to his wife ,family and friends!!

5. Very sad, the more I think of it the more it sinks in . May he always be remembered for his role in the Hot Rod world. Perhaps his loss will save another from the same fate. It works that way sometimes. Prayers for him and his family. CGM.

6. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Prayers from Erin & I...........

7. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

so sorry to hear this! throughts to his family.

8. I'm so sorry to hear this - our prayers to his family.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My heartfelt condolences to his family and many friends.:(

10. lawman

lawman

So sad. A good friend of mines son worked for a Junk yard and that happened to him.It was at the rear of the yard and they did not find him for several hours. Tom (Tired Old Man)

11. RAY With

RAY With

My condolences to his wife, family and friends. So sad for this to happen to any one and should be a wake up call for all of us to "ALWAYS" take precaution. God speed relief to his family

12. just hate it when gravity wins...sad news indeed

13. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Sad story. My condolences to his family.

Back in the 80's a guy in the next town to me had a car fall on him but only caught
    his hand under the tire. It was on a Friday night and since he couldn't reach the
    phone he laid there until Monday morning before someone found him.

When I'm alone in the shop I keep my cellphone in my pocket. Some of us older guys may have a medical emergency and need to call out.

14. my47soto

my47soto

I send my condolence out his wife and family. This story is very sad indeed, the same thing happen to me a few years ago, I was fortunate to be a little to paranoid for my own good and stuck a tire underneath the car while I had it jacked up, the jack gave way and the tire took the hit and needless to say I passed out and my buddy found me lying there in shock. Im still very sketchy getting under a car even when I do have jack stands under neath.

15. x-shift

x-shift

A lot of us know this story too well. Years ago, we lost a great friend and asset to the racing community. Yes, jackstands were there, but all four in the air. Since then, I only put one end up, and BLOCK THE WHEELS on the other end. If its really necessary to have them all in the air, make sure it can't fall off all four!

16. jblev34

jblev34

RIP. I have had a car fall on me before and I feel extremely lucky to still be here. The family has our thoughts and prayers.

17. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

Prayers sent for his family and friends.

18. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Sorry to hear this. My condolences to his wife, family and friends. RIP

19. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

Prayers and condolonces to the family. I've lost a couple friends like this over the years, please be safe everybody :(

20. 52fiper

52fiper

I dont know the person but man this is hard to swallow, RIP rodder all the best wishes to his family.
    Even with jacks cars can slide off, always try to trough a tire or two under and block it. had the same close experience once when the jacks sunk in the soft soil under the gravel 2 min before was under it.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad to hear and my condolences to his family and friends.

Let it serve as a reminder that we need to make sure that the vehicle is indeed solid on the stands or blocks before getting under it. I doubt that there is one of us here who hasn't slid under a vehicle on a jack at one time or another for "just a second" with out it being properly on stands or having blocks or something solid under it to hold it up.

22. jchav62

jchav62

Awful news!! My prayers are with him and his family...

23. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I thought about this post last night while working on the T-Bucket. "Hmmm...if i jack it up a couple inches i can reach the bolt. Not really crawling underneath it. I don't need jack stands. Waite. Didn't i read a thread on the HAMB about a car falling ..."?

24. NWRacing

NWRacing

Sad to hear about another rodder taking that last ride. Prayers to the family and God bless.