Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech ?? Flames my way

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomb, Nov 30, 2007.

1. toxictom

toxictom

.....or some flames for an 1934 ford roadster.

Attached Files:

2. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

the way i do flames or any graphic is.. first start off with a non catalyzed base. i usually hok, sem, or other bases sometimes. shoot base, shoot a coat of intercoat clear over that. tape out graphic or in this case flames. shoot flame color. unmask, check for bleed throughs or mistapes, touch up as needed. if within window, go to clear, if not, shoot an over reduced coat of intercoat clear, it will "bite" back in the base. if ur super anal and dont think that way, lighty scuff the entire job after uve applied intercoat clear on each step, then shoot the intercoat clear. u wont have any problems with adhesion. also if u wipe down the steps, use waterbased products, like a waterbased panel wipe.. or even better what i like to use.. spray way glass cleaner ( deonized water and isopropyl alcohol)

3. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

no pics of vandemon doing the layout? what it take him like 3-4 hours both sides? p.s. i know im quoting a 3 year old post

4. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

cool board.