Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tricky fuel filler connection problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nwaringa, Nov 13, 2010.

1. nwaringa

nwaringa

Hey guys. I have one of these installed in my truck:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CLP-6366FMT-K/

It has a neck that is 1 3/8. I can't seem to find any fuel filler necks that are this diameter. The best I can do is something like this for my application:

http://www.marinepartdepot.com/new316ststde.html

I looked around and can't find any hose reducers that will reduce fuel hose from 1 1/2 to 1 3/8. Any suggestions on where to go with this one? Any cars I could pull a filler neck from a junkyard that would be compatible? Kinda stumped.

-Nick

2. Could you get a muffler shop to reduce a piece of tubing for you? use a piece of rubber hose between the filler neck to a piece of tubing that is then reduced to 1 3/8 and then use another rubber hose to connect it to the tank???

3. nwaringa

nwaringa

That might be the solution to the problem... a bit sloppier than I want but I guess I can't be picky. Thanks for the recommendation.

4. barslazyr

barslazyr

Get a 1 1/2" filler neck and take it to the muffler shop and have it reduced to 1 3/8"

5. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

basslazyr hit it right. I would not recommend squeezing a hose down to fit. Any half way decent shop, muffler or other, can easily modify the neck.

6. ONE EYE

ONE EYE

how about a rad hose, you should be able to get one in your size. the ends are always flared bigger for the rad/thermostat.
    if my suggestion is not relevant, please disregard. lol

7. mrforddude

mrforddude

Whichever way you come up with make sure that you don't use a radiator hose, after time (not very long) it will melt away. Parts stores (a real one) can get you fuel filler hose it's made by Gates.

Best of luck getting it figured out...

8. Muttley

Muttley

Radiator hose + gasoline = trouble.

9. ONE EYE

ONE EYE

thank god i put ^that^ in there then.....lol

sorry guys.

10. ONE EYE

ONE EYE

out of curiosity though, what about the silicone rad hoses? you know the blue ones, they are supposed to be long life and resistant to chemicals.

this isnt a suggestion, just a related (to my dumb post) question.

11. nwaringa

nwaringa

Silicone is not built for fuel either.... else I could get one that is molded to convert. Hopefully I can get a muffler shop to convert it and pick up some gates tubing. Saw some on Jegs.