Register now to get rid of these ads!

What color would you paint it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Westerman, Nov 12, 2010.

1. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

2 tone blue.

Blue on top.
    Blue on bottom.

Same blue.

2. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I actually like the current color. It's a uniquely vintage color that I wouldn't have thought of, but it works.

3. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Body is straight and solid. Not the original paint. The paint is about 15 yrs old. I can't get the burnt orange out of my mind. The only thing I'm not sure of is if I paint it all one color or if I should go with a different color top. Maybe I will just flip a coin. Worst case is I don't like it and have to re-shoot it :)

4. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

I also like the current color. The problem is that it needs some attention to some areas. So if I'm going to re-shoot it I would like to change it up.

5. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

I can't get burgundy with some flake out of my mind for the bottom. Maybe bone or ivory for the top. Very deep blue with flake would look nice on the bottom too.

6. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Candy green over black....customs should always be dark.

7. I hate when someone asks "what color under ware should I wear". JESUS! If you cant pick a color how the hell can you build it !! Each car we build is a part of our personality meaning your personality not Joe Blow on a frickin web site. Why your afraid of not liking something you would pick imagine how stupid you will feel letting some one else pick a color that sucks................

8. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Easy killer, I just asked a question to get feedback. As I'm sure you read, I already know what color I am going to paint it. I didn't mean to get you all excited and upset. It will be OK, I promise. I am building my own car.

So.... what color do you think:)

9. I'd paint it something that could be matched easily, something you could brush touch if it gets a rock chip. That said, my favorite was one my Dad painted way back in the late 70's, orange bottom, and tan top, with tan wheels. Wide whites of course. So, what color did "you" pick? Dean

10. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Unless I change my mind before I walk in the both, I am going with a burnt orange on the bottom and an off white or light tan top..

11. 61TBird

61TBird

Be way ahead of the crowd by bringing back the late '80's early '90's Peach,Turquoise with Pink accents combo!!

12. Muttley

Muttley

PM this guy, he seems to make good color choices.

[​IMG]

13. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

PM this guy, he seems to make good color choices.

I never thought about painting "happy trees" on it.:)

14. 1951coe

1951coe
    from Manvel TX

When I read this , I read " whatever maroon Michelle Obama is"

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your colors aren't bad, the orange and white gig. Too much of either would suck. The burnt orange should look deep like a wet Tootsie Pop, the pearl or flake roof would work in a really "dirty" white or maybe like a french vanilla color. I might have gone all one color with the 2nd color in scallops. It would work either way too, all dirty white/kandy orange scallops, or the other way around.

16. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Bingo, hit that right on the button. OK to look at ideas but the bottom line, it's your car and I am sure you have some favorite colors you like so paint the car whatever color you like.

17. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

Thanks all, I will defiantly post pics during and after the restoration....

18. driver n the wind

driver n the wind
    from ashland ky

i am doing a 46 with a grey interior, semi gloss orange from the line under the window, and the top in gloss cream, so far LOOKIN GOOD TO ME. and yes as u said it is your car u choose, but also i took several pics of my car found one i liked while it was n white primer/sealer makes for a great coloring page...............

19. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

When the 40 was ready for paint, we picked a color and then threw blue pearl into it--the thing still blows me away in the sunlight and has everybody wondering "what color is that?" just my 2 cents--do your thing--i've always been a little wierd.

20. 65 Chev lt purple with a Black Metalic top

21. joey tee

joey tee

black roof and tangerine candy body...candy done over a course metallic silver base...

22. blacktopjeff

blacktopjeff
    BANNED
    from iowa

Here is a cool combo. Might suggest you drop the bumper, or meld it back into the front of the body. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010