Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats going on in LA mooneyes december show weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty custom 40, Nov 9, 2010.

1. dirty custom 40

dirty custom 40
    from new mexico

I am coming out for the mooneyes show from new mexico.Is there anything going on worth checking out.Have time to kill fri and sat night and all day sunday.We were thinking about checking out dukes in huntington beach sunday.Is it worth going to if youve never been there?We dont want to waste time looking for something to do.If any has any suggestions let me know.Thanks

2. Definately check out the NHRA museum in Pomona. Check the schedule, they might be having a swapmeet that weekend in Pomona too....those are awesome. Huntington and Newport would be a fun drive in the car. Never been to Dukes, but been to Huntington and Newport a hundred times.

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

4. dirty custom 40

dirty custom 40
    from new mexico

I forgot about pomona somehow.Thank you.

5. dirty custom 40

dirty custom 40
    from new mexico

Excellent link.Thanks

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Mooneyes Show ??

Last time i went the day was filled with watching Ex-East L.A. Gang members Turned Greaser Car Club Fighting with Shirtless SkinHead Wannabes, Every Camp getting Drunk, Ian Rousel out with one of his Abortions, A guy Wrecking his T Rodaster p'up with a Hemi into a Palm tree..

Last time I ever went, I can deal with a Show full of Knotheads .... But it just seems that most shows in L.A. area anymore are Fueled around Drunk Fools with the same King of the Block attitude.

So I guess I am saying ... I wont be there :rolleyes:

7. Stukka

Stukka
    from SoCal

Peterson Automotive Museum - The featured museum exhibit will be "NHRA 60 years of thunder".
    http://www.petersen.org/

8. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Great attitude dude, please stay in perfect Ventura County where all the action is.

9. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

By the way, no Pomona Swap that weekend. But there is the Long Beach Hi-Po swap Sunday morning --which may be even better. Make sure to get there early.

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

If you are at all into kitchy retro stuff you should check out Charles Phoenix's retro Holiday slide show at the NHRA Museum Saturday night. He makes hilarious slide shows out of slides he finds at thrift stores, yard sales, auctions, the garbage- you get the picture. If I make it out for Mooneyes I'm going to go to his show.

Here is more info about it:
    http://www.charlesphoenix.com/events/charles-phoenixs-retro-holiday-slide-show/

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  11. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHA, you mean these clowns?

12. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Keep That shit out of car clubs and out of our hobby. Act right.

13. michael_cini

michael_cini

i happen to like mooneyes because it is 'edgier' than other car shows. i don't want to see anyone fighting, and i haven't, but it's certainly a more diverse crowd than say the primer nationals which seems much more whitebread.

14. dirty custom 40

dirty custom 40
    from new mexico

Went to primer nationals last year.Thought it was a pretty good show and had a nice trip.I only saw one other car from out of state and was kind of suprised.No trouble and everyone i talked to was cool.I think we need to kind of police ourselves.There is no room and there should be no tolerence for morons.I was at viva las vegas a few years back when they had the bottle fight in the show parking lot.Never did hear what it was all about and dont care.Ive been to austin and the hunnert car pileup among others and have never seen any problems.My thoughts are people like this should be ejected immediately by the people at the show.Theres never a cop when you need one.For most of us this isnt a hobby its our lifestyle.

15. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Funny, I Never said there was action in Ventura.

If you Knew me at all you would know that I am EVERYWHERE up & down the Coast at MANY funtions.

I have been doing this Shit for Many Years My Friend & as I get Older I have less Tolerance for the Johnny Come Lately Fad Crew that has become the Norm for Hot Rod shows in the L.A. Basin.

I Live for Cars of many styles & Year Choices, The Junk in my Back yard & the Speed Equipment all over the house shows it.

Im not here for the Beer, The Fashion Show, or the Cool Guy Car Clubs.

Fuel the Rising Sun, By More MOONEYES Parts !!!

They have the BEST Bolt on Junk for your Hoopty !

16. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

I'm going this year and I sure as hell don't want to see anything like that. I came for the cars not the side showes.