Register now to get rid of these ads!

you wanna shed a few tears with me?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob63mess, Nov 12, 2010.

1. big bad john

big bad john

.....My prayers are with you and your dad.........

2. I lost my Dad 4 years ago , at 89, he was 45 when I came into this world and he was the best guy a person could ever meet . I never said outright "Dad I love you " but we both knew how each other felt .I gave him a birthday card quite a few years ago that I wrote in and said my abilities and trade are directly because you showed me how, he hung that in his shop and now it is mine. Love is sometimes shown and not spoken.
    Share every last minute you can with your Dad and it sounds like you are and make the memories that will last a lifetime. When my Dad passed I had no regrets and that life time of memories.
    I send you my hope that Your Dad will share many more memories with you .
    Take care ,Rob.

3. oldman2

oldman2

My prayers are with you and your family. Just let him know how much you love him. Lost my Dad unexpectedly in 81' he was 56, loved cars and speed. Passed it on to me, and now my son is as crazy as me about them. Mom went through cancer 30 years ago and is still kick'n. Don't give up hope. Jim

4. chevroletsarefun

chevroletsarefun

maybe i need to get my dad in the high performance scene again as he brought me into it growing up.... I think all of us that have real cars instead of imports in our heritage have a good heritage.. good luck and prayers to you :)

5. beauishere

beauishere

I'm sorry for your situation and will offer a prayer for you and your father. I'm lucky too to have my father around at that same age. You could have been describing my father and I. Thank you for putting into words what a lot of feel but cannot say.

Aloha.

6. HotRod33

HotRod33

Go have a great time with your DAD..... get some pictures and tell Him that you Love him..... You never know with todays medical advancements he may outlive you........

7. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I lost my Dad 30+ years ago....I was only 22 years old.Your lucky to have had many happy years to remember,cherish what's left.

8. bobber's54

bobber's54

I know how your feeling! Enjoy the time you have with him but then you already do from what you have written :) I only had a couple of days with my dad before he passed away. I will keep you ,your dad and all who love him in my prayers!

9. 66L-79

66L-79

I know where you are coming from, my Dad had stomach cancer in 2001 when he was told this, me and him was talking and I told him that I did not think he would ever die I just took it for granit that he would live forever. Well the Lord has blesssed our family and still blessings us to this day because my Dad is still alive and doing well even after having all of his stomach removed, by the way he will be 74 this December. Your Dad can beat this cancer my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

10. GlenC

GlenC

I lost my dad when I was just 10 years old, so I hardly remember him at all now. (I'm 62) We lost mum at 80 through dementia, and that was scary, watching her mind go while her body was still heathy.

One thing we did with mum which you may like to consider. We bought her a tape recorder with a built in microphone and taught her to use it. We gave her a list of questions, before her mind went too far...

When and how did you meet dad.
    What was your wedding day like.
    Where did you go to school and who were your best friends.

All sorts of questions just like these, and once she got the hang of it, she loved talking into it. We've now had the tapes transposed into text, and we have a priceless personal treasure of our family history, lots and lots of little things that meant so much to her and dad, but they never got round to telling us, or in some cases had even forgotten themselves.

And don't give up, it's early days yet.

Cheers, Glen.

11. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Lost my dad 7years ago to that very same thing spent every day with him until he passed we removed all of our adventures and left nothing unsaid. Take advantage of every second you can be with him trust me you'll not regret it........

12. projim64

projim64

I lost my dad 5 years ago to cancer but he fought it for 10 years ,so do not give up on him yet.The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that with faith in our savior I will see him again someday . This is a time to not hold back on anything that you would like to tell him . When he is gone, there is an empty feeling if you held back anything. Jim

13. RT

RT

My father has been beating cancer since 1988. First it was a laryngectomy and a tracheotomy from throat cancer, then he lost his left lung to lung cancer. My father is 67 and still does what he wants pretty much when he wants, albeit a lot slower. Hang in there, keep the faith and know that you're in our thoughts and prayers.

14. rob63mess

rob63mess

First, thanks for all of the support. The fact that so many people care and have been through the same thing is comforting. We had a blast today. Here's a pic of dad and the 1917 ford truck i picked up. I'll post some pics of the 26T tomorrow. Again, god bless everyone of you guys.

Attached Files:

15. I feel for you. My Dad died of cancer when he was 46. On April third of this year my sister was diagnosed with lung cancer; she died on the 3rd. of August. She had just turned 51. Make the most of what you have.

16. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

God bless. My dad is 78 and I'm bringing his '41 Plymouth over to my garage this winter because I have heat! I want him to enjoy it for as long as he can!

17. slobroy

slobroy

I lost my dad 15 years ago to cancer, not a day go's by I don't think of him. Wife's sister has terminal cancer now, life is what you make of it. Enjoy what time you have left together it'll mean more later, trust me...

18. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I understand what you mean . I actually lost my Dad many years ago . He and my Mom went on a trip to new York . for a week . I happen to be at the grocery store and they just got back and my Mom was buying some food in the store . I was talking with him a and everything was fine . I said see you when you get home . Well an hour went by and they weren't home yet . I just figured he saw some friends and was just talking with them about the trip . Well the phone rang and I was told to go to the hospital . My Dad had a heart attack . Well I drove like a wild man and beat them there . They finally came in and my Dad was not conscious at this time . My Mom and a couple friend sat with use for about 1/2 hour or so and then the Dr. came in . He them had to tell us that I lost my Dad and 52 years old ! That was on Dec . 13 , 1983 . Yep right before Christmas .
    So yes your are right . Cherish the times you have because you just never know when the time will come !
    Sounds like you had some fin buying another car to build . I do pray things will work out and he will be able to help you with the car .

Retro Jim

19. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

Thanks Rob for sharing. If you need to vent or share step into the HAMB Chapel.

Shawn

20. Alfred_E_Newman

Alfred_E_Newman
    from USA

Sorry to hear about your loss. Know that he is in a better place. Keep yourself going as he would want you to. God Bless.

21. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I like many here have lost their dad to the nasty C word, also said never give up faith, treatment has come a long way and there are many success stories out there once you open your ears to them.

Don't miss a minute with your dad (both good and bad, happy or sad) every minute is a memory forever. Your dad needs you more now then ever, the cars are like the cherry on-top, they will serve as a great distraction and keep everyones attitudes in a positive motion and you both need a positive motion in the days ahead. God Bless, my prayers to you and your dad! Keep the Faith!

22. So sorry to hear of your Dad, at a time like this what you say? It's good that you are showing your respect for him to us and I know that you are going through a hard time right now, my prayers and thoughts are with you.

23. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In our prayers. I farm with my Dad we are side by side most every day. I feel for you.