Register now to get rid of these ads!

shrunken head

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe53super88, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Cymro

Cymro

2. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Bought one for my dad when I was in High School after he finished his 32'. He kept it and has run it in every car he has built since.

3. Malarky

Malarky

Why not?

4. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Same here Bro my truck has both also.

5. BigNick1959

BigNick1959

A little head never hurt anyone!! Anyway, they must be cool, Falfa had one hangin' in the '55

6. louie the fly

louie the fly

You know the origins of shrunken heads? One day this guy walked into a Voodoo bar. He met this nice girl in there. They got talking and after a few drinks he asked her "hey, how about a little head". I Apparently she got the wrong idea.

I find them curiously cool, but very clique.

7. 36tbird

36tbird

I need to give mine a haircut because that straight hair hangs down and blocks the glass eyeball I have in the old windshield hole of my '36 pickup. Is he gonna ask for a manicure if I do that?

8. I got 3 of these things. I'm soon gonna replace the fuzzy dice in my truck for a shrunken head.

9. Joe53super88

Joe53super88

[​IMG]

heres a pic of the one i have. but mine has red hair.

10. deto

deto

haha. yes! yes...

11. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I actually owned a period one for about an hour. When were those hot stuff...maybe 1959, or so??
    I actually do not remember how or where I acquired the thing, odd because even if it only cost a quarter that would have represented a financial challenge to me in those days.
    I was visiting my Grandparents in Mississippi, and for some reason they immediately decided it was far too evil/ugly/heathenish/dirty-looking/whatever for an impressionable child, and it was summarily confiscated and never seen again. I still mourn.

12. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You do the exact same process that was described in the book about the head hunters to a fresh goats head. You can buy a fresh goats head at any El Halal market in Chicago. You can buy a goats head at a good high quality Carniceria or Mexican butcher shop. The process is smelly and disgusting, if you do it correctly the finished product does not stink, if you mess it up, well..just don't call me to rod your laundry tub if you do it at home. If you pickle and shrink the face leather of a goat and trim the hairs correctly, it's real freaking eiriely similar looking to a human. Lets just say, I did have to rod a dudes drain... Once, and only once who did this..... To goats.

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Goats are expensive. Suburban life provides an endless free supply of neighbors, joggers, bottle-flinging teenagers...no need to go shopping.

14. Coz they keep eveil spirits away and protect you from dickheads in fart can equipped Hondas, Hyundais and Kias.

Good enough reason for me !! LMAO !!!

Rat

15. Rebracer

Rebracer

I have one hanging in my shop, its one of the goat skin ones with actual hair it looks pretty real, I never hung it in the car, I got it from the ye Olde Curiosity Shope in Seattle.

16. 2x4

2x4

rofl.

17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I wonder...could you shrink a complete Honda full of teenagers?? That would be AWESOME.
    HAMB challenge??

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

had one i made in my 66 'Camino..
    cops hated it..said it was an "obstuction of vision"
    so he gave me a fix it ticket..

no sense of humor..what a putz

maybe i should have told him it used to be the head off that last cop that gave me shit!:eek:

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Claim it as part of your religious tradition. Sic the ACLU on him!
    "We must retain the heads of our enemies to serve us in the afterlife! Otherwise, we are doomed to reincarnation as annoying civil servants!"

20. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

The concept is really weird, it is supposed to be likened to collecting souls. If I have my info straight on this, the head is from one of your enemies. When you go into future battles you wear all of the heads of your fallen enemies so you carry their power into battle. If you have the head, you ate the dude who used to wear it. If you place them about your hut they are supposed to watch out for your enemies for you, like little dead sentinels. I guess this is why you hang one in your car, little dude you killed and ate watching your car for you while you shop at the Pick N Save. It's a hell of a concept.

21. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

you make it sound wierd fransico, but it isnt......

22. The ones that are made of real goat skin are plain ass cool!

23. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

24. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

They have a real one at Marsh's museum in Longbeach Washington. They sell copies as souveneirs. It was on my list of things to do at the last Rod Run to the End of the World in nearby Ocean Park but forgot. For sure next year. So much cooler than fuzzy dice......

25. 117harv

117harv

No one here has mentioned the shrunken apple heads. I had the kit to do it when i was a kid, it had Victor Price on the box with his evil smile. I made so many i was giving them away, it took about a week or so to dry the apple out over a light bulb. When done you painted it and put the beady little eyes and baked bean teeth in and added the hair. I still see the kits on ebay every so often.

26. csclassics

csclassics

lol!!!!!!!!

27. 31fordV860

31fordV860

My wife hates the patina on my Rod...
    ....She doesn't drive it...

28. Because they smell Good. Pete:D

29. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

The one in my 37 gasser the HEAD HUNTER,i have had it a while i think i bought it at the state fair,real skin and hair

Attached Files:

30. pastlane

pastlane

Back when I was vending at car shows people would complaining about the 5.00 price tag. I'd tell em that's cheap for a little head.

Those goat skin ones are wild.