Register now to get rid of these ads!

ANRA Summer Nationals

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Racerb, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Racerb

Racerb
    from Calif

[​IMG]

You can run any motor or Trans you have.
    Thingy bring it on.
    www.anra.com

2. Racerb

Racerb
    from Calif

Rocky How many of the HAMB cars will be there I had a call about them they want to do a story on them?
    Butch

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Howdy Butch,

I'm busting my ass to get'er together for it. I don't plan on missing another one.

Hey Rocky, are the new guys coming down this time? :cool:

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We will be there, probably without the HA/GR, don't have a driver (or trans repaired) at the moment. I tried getting Tamara to shoe it but she won't so I don't think so.

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We're hoping we have 6 with as many as 5 running, I'll send ya more info as I get it.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

OK, here's how the car count looks like at ANRA this weekend! 5 cars, come check em out west coast...............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

......... and I'm not going to break something this time.

I'm not.
    I'm not!
    I'm NOT!
    :mad:

See y'all there. :cool:

8. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

Better NOT, I am tired of doing parts runs LOL
    :p

9. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Really sorry we are going to miss this one. Bring back some good time slips!:D

10. Racerb

Racerb
    from Calif

??????;) Good to see you there Thanks See you in Oct?

11. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

:( Well, so much for my prescient abilities. :rolleyes:

Sure was good to make it this time. Had a great time and sorted out several problems, mostly adjustment and familiarization stuff.
    The rear seal's not a big thing and doesn't really constitute "breakage" per se, right? Purdy please? :eek:

Once again Butch, thanks for the venue. It's great and I'll certainly be at the next one as well. :cool:

Here're a couple shots of the bunch in the pits .........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Les's car (the yellow middie in the middle) took home the HAMBie this time, continuing an unofficial tradition of the newest guy getting it through attrition.
    Who'll win'er in October? Come out and see. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  12. bobw

bobw

Thanks for the pics and update. What kind of e.t.'s were achieved?

13. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

The only ET of note was Joe's last run. He bumped his 12.39 down to 12.34 on a beautiful clean pass first round Sunday. :cool:

Unfortunately, he'd dialed in at 13.25, his best from Saturday's quals.
    His resulting 1.01 break out may be a record as well but no one's certain. :D

None of us HAMBsters except Lee had put together decent baseline runs Saturday and were just wild guessing our dial-ins. When neither I or Les could run Sunday anyway it left the other three at the mercy of the rest of the (slushpumps and trans brakes) field. :(

Both Les and Sam steadily dropped their ETs as they ran Saturday, and were happy with the improvements as they got used to a full quarter mile. Les is looking to rework his shifter to use first gear to better advantage. Oh yeah, and to get some straight rims for the front. :D

I still have adjustments to make in the clutch linkage rates, had mucho trouble getting'er into all gears, even had to stand down and be pulled off the start once.
    So I have a rear mainseal to replace, and a list of small things to see to, but the main things are doing well. I'm very upbeat about Eagle Field and ANRA in October.

14. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Must say that all said, it sounds like a fun time was had by all.

If you guys were running as a "heads up" class of your own, it would have been an interesting meet.

Any one of the cars could have taken the big "W" on the ledger...Joe is fast when it all comes together...(just needs to get consistent :p)...Les and Sam both are going through the learning process with their cars and it sounds like they both have the potential to be competitive...Lee has always been a threat when he doesn't break something :p...and the Barn Job is coming along well now that the cam keeps turning. Once ya get the new clutch set up right, any one of the cars has the potential to put the others on the trailer.

We're gonna have to get our ducks lined up and ready to race...doesn't sound like it's gonna be that long till we have our eight car field.:D

15. FIL

FIL

I'm jumping in this thread a little late... Thanks to Butch and co for putting on this show, and for letting me take a few photos while we were there.... We had a great time, cruised on down after Bonneville and spent a couple of days in Bakersfield...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This particular photo is getting printed on canvas, cropped to 28 inches wide by 12 inches tall, to go up on my wall :)

Heaps more photos from the Bakersfield ANRA Summer Nationals start here: http://www.landbarge.com/coppermine/thumbnails/album=53/page=48/sort=na.html

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

17. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I wanted to see the 2 Comp Coupes go at it. That would have been a photo op!