Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sometimes i envy you California guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzznick, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I love Texas.....Texas loves me, but they tell me NOT to admit I'm from Cali.....so I fly my Cali flag HIGH AND PROUD! =OP

I'm in Cali right now and will be *hopefully* until the end of the month and I can return to my shop in Tejas.

We need to do ice cream mang!

2. Buzznut

Buzznut

Sure we get good weather longer than most, but there's a lot about California that makes it undesirable. Try 12% unemployment which is underestimated and more like 20% in most small towns. Try having the long arm of the law cite you for having a project on your own property behind a fence and unseen, or having the same long arm come and crush vehicles that are out in the middle of hundreds of acres unseen just because they can. Try a tax code that has run thousands of businesses out of the state over the last 20 years. Try outcome based education where the goals of most public schools is to get them in and out without much concern for actual learning. Try an environmental code that allows the government to put "smart meters" on your electric and gas and shut you off if you exceed their limit of usage. I could go on, but why? California isn't all puppydogs and sunshine... Anyone who wants you to believe it is has a problem with differentiating reality and fiction.

Other than that, a lot of driving hours. Hey, at least the weather and landscape are beautiful here...

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Forget it...........Viva Tejas!

4. Buzznut

Buzznut

Who doesn't pay taxes here? Anyway, Texas is where I'm headed...for many reasons. And killjoy? Me? Never...but I do think that a bit of a reality check is only fair. The rest of the world thinks California is so great...they have no idea. We should at least spare them the folly of possibly moving here some day and finding out the hard way. Move to Texas... it's more America there than it is here in sunny CA.

5. big creep

big creep

all right we have more room! have fun in texas, you'll miss it even though you wont admit it.

6. big creep

big creep

i have just the spot for us here in socal! maybe before you leave fair oaks pharmacy mmmmmmm egg cream, and sundays, and the kitchen sink!

7. Toner283

Toner283

So does that mean I should not believe that in California you folks also eat the toy from the happy meal? :D:p

I had heard that you folks were "different" out there but wow.:D

I don't like snow either. Getting up & going to work in the pitch black when it is -20º F sucks big time. Could be worse, I am about 4 hours north of Detroit but out on the Canadian prairies it is not unusual to see -40º to -50º F in the colder months. How would you Cali folks like a taste of that??

8. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Every state has their drama, if you're a tourist/visitor, who cares? Enjoy the beauty of the land, the cultural differences and the great big sunsets.:D

9. MERRELL

MERRELL

so cal is the best i cant imagine living any other place...

10. WHOA!!!!!! Have you tried "Head and Shoulders"? hahahaha!

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

All I gotta do is look at the above photo and I know why I'm here and why I'm not going anywhere. Head off to Texas or wherever you want I happy as a pig in mud here.

12. Went outside this morning & seen my breath at 39 degrees.. So I went back inside, til that shit subsided! My life, my life, my life.. in the Sunshine!

13. I was born and raised here in Orange county,ca. I love it and hate it. I love cause I have family here and the weather is nice. But what I hate is to much of crowd and to much going on I do not like. Like you said ED i think I need a scenery change. I prefer the dark nights and country scenery over the city lights and traffic and all that garbage.

14. chillywilly

chillywilly

HAHAHAHA f-ing hilarios. dude thats a lot of snow..... what are you from Sweden or something?

15. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I love winter. I could actually get something done if I had heat in my garage. Maybe this year........

16. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

I grew up in New England and have delt wit this my whole life other then a few yrs in VA....Built homes through the 6 months of misery there....you think starting a car when its 0 degrees out try starting generators an air compressors an keep the nuematic tools n hoses from freezing all day when the high temp is 10!! Thats why I live here in sunny So Cal now and dont care about all the BS people talk...Cali is great for me..If I want snow, ocean, mountians or the desert its all here! Ill proudly take the place of those who have to leave! Thanx for havin me Cali !!!!!

17. chillywilly

chillywilly

WOW. I just thought the snow was funny and then I read the whole post. Geez. I've always thoiught about having it "easier" in another part of the country but I think it's all relative. there will be good and bad everywhere. I just bought my 1st house with my wife and two sons for just under $300k and we are makin it ok. Here in SoCAl. I think there is a lot to be said for that. yeah maybe I wouldn't have paid that elsewhere but would I be making what I'm making here? Relocating is such a leap of faith I think unless you can spend some time somewhere and see if you like it and who has the funds for that?! I still think if you are making in here in SoCAl then you are doing pretty darn good. And I still think that the original post and 1st coment about it being Bonneville salt is classic.

18. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

No you wouldn't be making California wages in Idaho...you'd be making Idaho wages.

That's because their cost of living is relative to their wages and their wages are relative to their cost of living.

Ex: I moved to Texas with California money so I did good..........but I can never move back to California with Texas money because my wages will be based on the cost of living in Texas.

Simple economics......like we should all invest in sand and salt because that poor Swede will make us all rich.:D

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Does this mean all California women do NOT look like Pamela Anderson?:eek:

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Those are cool! I wonder if I could get away with driving one through Waikiki.:D

21. big creep

big creep

wow! you are going to get the boot real fast! bye bye!

22. I know, I absolutely hate living an hour away from The Beach, El Mirage, Big Bear Mtns, Palm Springs, Wine Country, Pomona Swap Meet.. Yeah, California sucks!

23. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

And the dirty south isnt???

24. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Cuz the dirty south's got a dirty mouth.............you should fill that sucker with some dirty rice.

HAHAHAHA, I crack myself up. Where's a mod to lock this shit down?

25. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

depends on what you consider living.

26. big creep

big creep

have you ever lived here? probably not?

27. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Wether I like it or not, Its a tough way to join a group of traditional rodders and insult there home state bro...especially the mecca of Hotrodding and most everything cool and American!

28. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I've got a 2 dolla bill says he's a native.

29. big creep

big creep

i dont have time for this guy, this thread it as good as closed! im busy watching the air war in HD! thanks vet of all branches who served or are still serving!

30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why? UGH!!

Just be careful about chasing the ideal place to live, we may only have 7 States and one territory but I have lived in all of them so far and still haven't found the ideal place. I always liked Queensland......................untill I lived here for a few months.

But I hate the cold, (Around 80 we start thinking of sweaters here). So, where too next??
    Snow scares me, white stuff falling from the sky, I was always told was fall out!

Doc.