Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodders Journal 49 - anybody get theirs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Racewriter, Oct 16, 2010.

1. chillywilly

chillywilly

Got mine last week swear it was early in the week... Spot on again... more often please?!!!

2. We can agree that people get pissed when other people see something first. WTF, all the logistics involved in putting together the best of the rest and we bitch coz arrival times aren't satisfactory to a few. Damn, I guess it is true that some people just gotta have something to bitch about....at least every 3 months.
    You look at the quality of the photography, printing, and content and that alone makes it worth more to me to set aside $4 a month. I like the layout and I think the staff and contributing writers do a great job!! Do you think they make any money in the magazine business?? Hell no. They run on a shoe string to keep the costs down so the product is affordable to us...and they write crazy awesome books in between not to mention they are HAMB friendly! And we want to bitch at them for the only part of the mag that is out of their control, shipping!!
    Everyone here should renew their subscription today.
    If you dont have a subscription, get one.
    Call in and order all the back issues that are missing from your collection - they get crazy $$ on egay for some of these back issues.
    Get a t-shirt and a jacket, while your at it buy some stuff for Xmas and beat the rush.
    If you dont support it, it will dissapear like a thousand other cool things we grew up with!

3. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Amen.

I get TRJ when I get it. If it's sooner than others, cool. If not, no big deal. You can't rush art.

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Funny boring story,
    Two weeks ago I go to B#rnes and N#ble's store up the road and see TRJ #49 on the shelf.I know that my subscription is valid and I have an issue on the way but,I buy the magazine anyway as a good friend of mine is carving a scaled model of the 777 liner and the details within the book would be handy for him?
    He's a good friend and looks out for my interests,so I score the book for him.

Today,Nov. 3,2011 I start to panic."What if my issue doesn't arrive and my collection of my beloved TRJ mags is incomplete?"
    I loves me some Rex Burnett illustrations,got to help move the Carillo roadster with Frank a few weeks back and then see him and the car again at Jalopyrama and those Ardun engines are tasty......
    What to do?

I fire off a call to W#lden B##ks and they have a copy left.In fifteen minutes it's in my hot little hands!
    At the Post Office I see the yellow "oversized package" card in my p.o. box....
    Sonuva!
    Yep,you guessed it,my Issue #49 finally arrived.

I'll give the newstand issue to another good friend who's handicapped and feel better about the whole deal.

Hope that builds some good kharma and gets my next damn issue here sooner!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  5. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I don't have a subscription to TRJ simply for the fact that I don't want the issue to get all wrecked in the mail. I used to subscribe to Street Rodder and every month it would have the edges of the pages all ripped or missing the front page entirely!! So I got fed up, cancelled my subscription and pay a little more each month and purchase it from the news stand. I just bought TRJ 49 today from the news stand. It's a great book. I have a hard time calling it a magazine just cause of the quality, size etc. It is awesome. I have to admit I don't buy every issue, but I do get most of the them.

6. ricardo_rocha

ricardo_rocha
    from Brazil

Customer service has answered me:

Hello,

There was a delay with #49, however, it is now on route, making it's way to you.

Thanks,

I just didnt want to be without any clue of what was going on...Im happy with their answer and I will keep suporting them!

7. wow! you got an answer from Customer Service! i asked a question about my sub and I'm still waiting 3 weeks later... (and still waiting for issue #49...)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. For what it's worth, they ship it in a hard cardboard sleeve so it always arrives undamaged (at least so far)

9. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

Ditto;)

Bobbyd

10. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

I usualy buy mine at one of the many book stores that my wife wants to stop at but a subscription is on my Christmas list.

11. Ben Hall

Ben Hall
    from Adelaide

Got mind last night!!

12. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Will miracles never cease, I finally got mine today, a full month after this thread started.

13. It is 11/17/2010 and still not received mine yet. I called them about a week ago; but it has not shown up. They are due for another call. ...and their office is only 15 minutes away!

14. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hello all,

I just wanted to come on and clear a few things up and maybe offer some insight as to how our subscription and newsstand shipments are handled. I know this thread started about a month ago, but I figured the info is better late than never. So here goes...

1. As people have mentioned on here, we are a very small operation compared to most other magazine titles out there. We absolutely value our customers and we know it is you guys supporting our product. If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call. 800-750-9550 or 650-246-8920.

2. We mail all of our subscriber copies on the same day. Our entire newsstand shipment is sent out to our distributor about 2-3 weeks after subscriber copies mail. Once the distributor receives it, they send it out to all the bookstores. They are quite efficient at doing so, and can at times get the mag on the stands before our set "On Sale" date. We do have a dealer network (listed in the back of every issue) that receives their copies straight from us.

3. We mail subscriber copies using Periodical postage with the USPS. From our experience the vast majority of subscribers receive their copies within 5-10 business days. However, with every issue there are copies that lag behind in the postal. And some that even get lost or damaged.

4. We do not want any subscriber to ever miss out on an issue that they have paid for. Therefore, we have a generous reship policy. We will gladly send out a replacement copy at no charge if your copy does not arrive or arrives damaged. We do have to allow a full six weeks before we can reship.

I think that covers most of the topics in the thread. Like I said, if you have any other questions please feel free to contact us.

Thanks again for supporting TRJ!!!

Chasity
    TRJ