Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 Bright Hot Rod Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan272, Oct 22, 2010.

1. fat141

fat141

Well dont fkn go,:D oh and my 52 Chevie resents being called a street rod:confused:
    Anyway , it aint parked in the garage.
    Cheers
    Rod

2. Bright was great no one got busted for no fenders loud pipes ect the cops cleaned out the dick heads in town at 11'00 every one happy

3. Good to hear dude.

I for one was a tad worried about it.

Sounds like common sense prevailed - for once.

Rat

4. I cant believe i'm writing this but the cops were as ''cool as'' over 1800 breath tests one bust (a local) well thats i heard

5. Great weekend. Mix bag of cars which is good for me. I think none of us are stupid enough to drink too much and cruise. And yeah every one played safe and didn't cause a ruckus.
    Cant wait til next year!

6. heard they were jotting down licence plates though. just a heads up.

7. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

That's the publicity we need!

WE ARE responsible enthusiasts.... etc etc....

Good to hear it went smoothly.

HC.

8. Wardog

Wardog

Cops checked me and told me to have a good weekend. I think they just had to be seen with such a large amount of people in the street.
    Lots of street rods but if you check the back streets you'll always come across something worth looking at! Had a chat with the owner, real cool guy. All real ford steel.

Attached Files:

9. otanica

otanica
    from Australia

I have to say Bright was a great event. Not anymore. The Saturday night cruise around the town was the highlight. This year there wasn't much happening.
    Now its just another static sunday car show in a paddock.
    Must admit it was nice not seeing the black EH in town however.

Brad

10. bullitt

bullitt

agreed, but it was replaced by that 55 chev for a time.....

11. Well I had a ball and the cops seemed cool as did all of the Hamb Freidly cars I saw , rod runs are what you make it eh :D. I was great to meet Rod and Swifty at Noon , cool dudes , see ya again next year , I will post some pics shortly maybe ,

cad

12. Deu55

Deu55

Some of your pics would be cool 390cad.....Rod.

13. fat141

fat141

Still too stupid to get the hang of this post thing, but I CAN send to somebody's email if you want to PM me you addy
    Cheers
    Rod

14. We went on the poker run :D Lesson.... Don't use a GPS in the hills :eek: ended up on a fire access track :eek: [​IMG]

15. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

16. Great photo, would love to see some more from the weekend if you could be arsed

17. These were the only photos i took, yblock32 took a heap maybe he'll post if its not tohard:rolleyes:

18. Sorry for the Delay , busy week , here are some of mine in no order , not many HAMB friendly cars though :D:rolleyes:

Coming into town friday , rainstorm and bugs , very uncool , not even the rainex was working here ....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love an unchopped Three window ..............and the twins were there ..........
    [​IMG]
    Fresh Import Hardtop was cool .........
    [​IMG]
    '37 Roadster ute is rare , may have had my head buried but haven't seen this one before........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some night Crusin'..........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More ?

19. Please

20. fat141

fat141

Shit mate, that other bloke was right, not many HAMB friendly at all:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)
    Rod

21. Ryan272

Ryan272
    from Australia

I must say, that 55 drag car was off it's tits haha, it sounded like the apocalypse!
    and there were plenty of HAMB friendly cars for all of you doubters!
    I also saw two '52 chevy's and im pretty sure both had P plates! hopefully mine will be there next year...
    And there is so much you can learn by looking at other cars, the different unique things people have (and havent) done, "HAMB" friendly or not.
    For all of you people who claim to be purists for HAMB cars, you cant deny the sound of a V8 sounds good no matter what car its in.
    Did anyone see that cortina that was done up like an XY GTHO? absolute genius, that thing would fly.

22. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

We had an absolute ball again this year !! Must admit ( even though we were paid up entrants ) we mostly made our own "fun" . Including our own version of the poker run ( can still hear the banjo's ). We had the cops staying in our motel , they were there to do a job ( deal with the fuckwits ). If you were an entrant , no problem !
    Here's a few pics
    Stopped to take in the view ! Fucking GPS[​IMG]

Still can't hear the other guys coming
    [​IMG]

Where the fuck are they ??
    [​IMG]

About fucking time - pussies
    [​IMG]

It's a long story ! but WTF, we had fun !!!!
    [​IMG]

Back in town
    [​IMG]

RIP Billy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was over all too soon - looking foward to next year !!!!!!!:cool::cool:

23. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Your old enough to know better than listen to some voice telling you where to go ,,,,,,,,,,,,,:D:D

24. I tell him were to go all the time!, but he never listens to me!!!!!

25. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Maybe because what your telling him is physically impossible .........!:eek:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  26. rdtreur

rdtreur

Nice photo's with the rods on the dirt, looks like a nice trip!

27. Thanks Cad390 and Yblock 32, great shots! Hope I can make it down there one year and check it out, HAMB friendly or not looks like there was some awesome cars there.

Yblock 32, would be happy getting lost with that trio and that view

Cheers

28. Ahhhhh , were just taking the piss with the HAMB comments , just a bit of fun...... you have to make it to Bright as the Cross section of cars is great , I don't really mind how my HOTRODS and CUSTOMS come long as they are with it , but early style wins out for me in the end , more pics tomorrow eh !

29. swifty

swifty

Yep thanks Cad 390 and yblock32 for the pics. It always amazes me the number of cars which I don't see at an event until someone posts pics!
    BTW Cad390 that yellow '37 roadster ute is an ex-Hobart car but now lives in Castlemaine. Also you forgot to include Troy (TMf) in the HAMB meet and greet. Was good to catch you, Rod and Troy.

swifty

30. fat141

fat141

Well worth drive from up here.
    Rod

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010