Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!!!gm intake cast # and carb id

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DECONTROL, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Ok so i ran google search after google search im hoping a gm guru gets this i have a intake cast # 6271081 now i ran a search the only thing i found is that its off of a 1973 gm but no other info .. i am trying to find out what size motor this came off of, the size of ports and most important what base model carburetor came with this intake ... it had a rochester 2 barrel carb on it and i bought the mr gasket adapter plate for rochester 2bbl to holley ... i was going to run my 2300 series 2 barell 500cfm carb on it so i was happy was hell i opened it up and immediatly it was a recipe for disaster . the adapter plate was instantly set up for faliure there was a big gap between my intake and the base of the adapter plate i tried to make a gasket to assist in but i knew in the back of my mind that a vaccum failure was bound to happen so i figured what the hell ill try it and yes major vaccum leak i instantly as soon as i hit the gas i hear it and if i try to put it in gear i instantly stall i kind of knew this was going to happen so i am now,( before writing a letter to mr gasket teling them that there products are inferior and the quality makes me sick) , trying to find out what kind of carb came on this intake because im going to raise hell iif i was right assumong a rochester dual jet 2 barell was the right carb .

some one please help me out and also sorry for all caps i just realized and its too late and im too tipsy to re write this whole spheal

2. brad chevy

brad chevy

Can you post some pictures of the intake and the adapter you used.?

3. i can get pics tomorrow the intake has that casting # i posted as well as gm2 casted right below the #s closer to the carb also the intake has the firing order cast into the manifold ...im thinking 307 just becasue i havent seen this ever ...but the only info i can get is that its a 1973 gm and all the sources are from canadian websites weird and strange usually nastyz28 has all the casting #s one could need but not this time this thing is strange .... im going to look up the part # for the mr gasket adapter plat i wanna say it was 1907 but ill double check that right now

4. its mr gasket part # 1937 this is the part description right off there website

Adapts large Holley 2-bbl. to any Rochester
    4-bolt, 2-bbl. base or any Rochester 4-bolt, 2-bbl.​
    carb. to large Holley 2-bbl. base................................

5. I've scrapped 2bbl intakes, can't you get another one off somebody for like a couple beers (not even a six pack)?

6. No i just sold a bunch of flathead ford parts today for $50 knowing i could have got more just so that i can eat dinner tonight get gas and smokes and a 6 pack thats what happens when a peice of $hit democrat takes office and dont care about the us military ....thanks osama

7. Oh well fabbed up a new adapter works fine no vacuum leaks so buyer beware don't buy it make your own