Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally started the chop on my 51 Merc!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willburton7, Nov 7, 2010.

1. fitzee

fitzee

I never get sick of a chop post. Nice job and the flow from the roof through to the trunk is right on.

2. willburton7

willburton7

For the wheels they have the complete line at lowes and home depot..:D Thanks for the compliments and I am talking to a few people about a new back window frame so hoping i will have some more work to do. but at a stand still till then:mad:

3. Kustom Leatherworks

Kustom Leatherworks
    from Milwaukee

4. The Shocker

The Shocker

Man that chop is starting to take shape .Real nice profile on the back window.I dont care what anyone says ,you nailed the look :).Absolutely perfectly done chop on a 49-51 Merc IMO..

Spoggie likes this.
  5. Subscribed and may I say I think that roofline is killer. I wouldn't do anything but finish what I had started.

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

HAHAHA...exactly!!!

Real nice job, willburton7...keep up the awesome progress and the updates!:cool:

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Nice job. You are smart not taking a chance welding the back window frame in until you get a glass to fit.Nothing worse than redoing it after all the hard work is done. Thanks for sharing the cool pictures of your project. Good idea with the wheel treatment for working on it. There is a company in Ca that makes new back glass for a lot of different models.I think it is GLASS WORKS .You could GOOGLE it to find more information.

8. AdeQ8Styl

AdeQ8Styl
    from TEXAS!

Hope its alright to bump this old one back up in hopes of an update. Subscribed for reference on mine. Great work!

9. Drivinford

Drivinford

Thats be u tiful. Love the chop