Register now to get rid of these ads!

new project 1960 rambler custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadApplePinupsINC, Nov 8, 2010.

1. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

Well it's official! I'm the proud owner of a 1960 AMC Rambler Custom... and she needs some work. If anyone knows anything about these vehicles or where to get parts for these vehicles you will be a vital part of turning my car from Hatchetface to The Rotten Apple. hahaha

I know I can get the engine running with just 3 bolts a tightening a few wires, but I'm having a hell of a time finding a back window... so if anyone knows where I can find one of those that would be fabulous.

I'll post pictures as I continue to work on it and get things finished.

...maybe...if i can figure out how to post pictures to the thread...

2. nali

nali

3. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

started knocking the rust off of the floor panels today... does anyone else get discouraged when the holes in the rust just keep getting bigger and bigger?

4. Zerk

Zerk

So far, the floor doesn't look awful. You might be able to get away with using something like the POR floor repair kit, once you get the loose rust off. Plenty good for a driver.

Awesome albums, BTW. Highly recommended to the HAMB brethren.

5. Don't let that scare you. Just fire up the welder and get to work.

6. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

The rear floor pans are being repoped as I gave the company the pattern pan. They are on ebay. They are looking for someone to send them a front floor so they have a pattern to go by. If you send them a pattern pan they will make new ones and GIVE you yours for free. They need a front pan for a pattern. FYI