Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old reader, new writer, stuck in Utah

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Warlord, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Greeting all,

I've been reading for almost a decade and have finally decided to add my 2 cents.

First off, I have to thank all of you, as I have gleaned alot of info from this forum as a guest over the years. I prefer to wrench but spent alot of time reading posts here during 2 deployments to Iraq. There wasn't anything to wrench on there, but some limited time to read (after talking to the family of course).

As a native of Vallejo, CA I was inspired by old members of the Slicks, Chaparalles, Tapet Twisters, and North Bay Rodsters car clubs. I was raised with a love of things traditional and am (with the help of a gearhead wife) raising four kids the same way.

Uncle Sam has seen fit to keep me in my wife's home state of Utah, so I try to stay active in the traditional scene here. I am a charter member of Warlords C.C., Morgan , Utah and have been President of an almost inactive military club, the Bombers. We don't stay in one place very long these days.

Once again, thanks to all the long time posters, I've learned alot. I look forward to positive exchanges on line and, hopefully, in person with alot of you.

Best Regards,
    Erik

Warlords C.C.-We remember the past and choose to repeat it!

2. Yeah I forgot to add-1940 Ford coupe project, 1955 Poncho wagon(x2), 1955 Pontiac Starchief Catalina, and a pile of model A parts.

The wife (a fine wrench herself) and kids (4 of em') participate and encourage the sickness.

Erik

3. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa

4. Welcome from Connecticut.....Thanks for your service!

5. saltracer219

saltracer219

Welcome from Washington State, we appreciate your service. Thank you.

6. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

eric, thanks for your service , and welcome from a fellow utahn

7. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Thank You for your SERVICE !! and how cool the whole dang family likes to wrench on the hot rods! That's as good as the family sitting around the dinner table together ( a forgotten event )

8. big bad john

big bad john

....Erik.........Sure glad you became a member of the H.A.M.B......Thank you for the service and keep us posted......Big Bad John

9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from NoWeConn. & thanks for serving>

10. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

From the freakin' cold in Western New York, WELCOME! Its nice to see more Ponchos out in the world.

11. Thanks! It is awsome to have the family involved. The 16 and 11 yr. olds are less interested but my 8 yr. old is learning how to remove valves and springs from a 239 flathead I got the wife for Christmas last year. The 2 yr. old likes to drop bolts in waterjackets but he'll come around.

We even eat together sometimes!

12. Hey now, there cannot be 2 Eriks that love 55 Pontiac Starchiefs on this board!
    lol, welcome from TX via SoCal....

13. It would seem to be the case. I do love those 55s. And originally from CA too!(NorCal). Now I know why I couldn't use Kustom55 as my tag.lol.

Erik
    WARLORDS C.C.

14. pinman 39

pinman 39

Hello from Idaho .
    Join the UTAH HAMBERS
    Look out for Hot Rod Packard ! HA!

15. 117harv

117harv

Welcome from Oregon.