Register now to get rid of these ads!

any hambers with tractors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stewedscrewdtattood, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stewedscrewdtattood

stewedscrewdtattood

finally got a 48 farmall cub with a belly mower anyone else out there into old useful tractors

2. international tractors; b414 with loader, yellow cub with snowplow,quick hitch, super A snow plow and syclebar, 4x4 Yanmar backhoe/ loader, and a model A doodle bug.

3. todd47chev

todd47chev

I have a 1953 Ford Golden Jubilee that belonged to my Grandfather. My Dad has a 1959 Ford 641 Workmaster that his Uncle bought new. I have some distances pictures in one of my picture albums.

4. JimSibley

JimSibley

1948 ford, 9n. Its as close to a hotrod tractor as Ive seen. Got it torn down for a new paintjob right now. Just rebuilt the banger motor last week.

5. These are not mine but our club was invited to a guys place to see his collection of cars,,the tractors were in one of the three buildings. HRP

[​IMG]

It was hard to get a idea of just how big this tractor is but I convinced my granddaughter to climb up to the drivers seat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  6. old tractors are cool, and i have a couple but this thread is going to be closed real soon....

7. Why,,they have engines,,they are old and they have tires,,true not hot rods or customs,,but they are nothing if not traditional!:) HRP

8. buddy of mine put a v8 60 in a ford 8n. open exhaust it's a hot rod!

9. well some could be rodded, but still not what we do here thats what we have tractor boards for and there are some good ones out there, if the wife would let me i would hot rod the 38 farmall i currently have as yard art. but she seems to think its not a good idea, im not sure why....

10. This is one of my little tractors. My mom's uncle built it in the late 60's with plans from a magazine. Also just picked up a John Deere 265 mower for a $100 that aparently didn't work, so far just cleaned it and air up the tires and found a broken shift arm nothing else seems wrong.
    [​IMG]

11. No Cents

No Cents

48 Farmall M and a 51 8N.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  12. I have a Farmall 140 with a belly mower.

13. Ob1

Ob1

I have 2; a greymarket Mitsubishi{seen in the upper right} and this little oddity, a 1980 Hines H1600. Both are used in motorcycle trail construction and maintenance.

[​IMG]

14. lawman

lawman

This was covered last week but I love the new pictures. (Tom Tired Old Man))

15. Philbilly

Philbilly

I've always thought about buying an old Ford 8n. One of my buddies has a big Minneapolis Moline. Not sure what year though.

16. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

1951 Ford 8n...the only Ford I own....cut a circular drive with it this weekend!

17. bobjob55

bobjob55

I have been a tractor mechanic for over 35 years now ..used to refurbish & manufacturer antique tractor parts .. there is a whole lot of strange old tractors out there that the old guys have came up with thru the ages . i could hardly believe the strange mods they had ..wish i still had the pics ..

18. Abone29

Abone29

I have a 53 Ford Golden Jubilee that I have owned for about 15 years.It still runs fine and is always ready to work.Does great box blade work,better than my Kubota!!

19. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I have a 8N, it will eventually get a V8

20. If your into hotrods and tractors, take a look at a '38 Minneapolis Moline UDLX... full fendered tractor, cab and 45ish mph!

21. these 53' NAA "golden jubilee" models seem to be kinda popular. my 53' is about 90% restored. great machines.

22. 29AV8

29AV8

Does a Cub Cadet 100 count. my father bought it new in 1968.. still in the family

23. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man I have an odd one for you 1959 john deer 444 factory Detroit diesel 253 supercharged 2 stroke 6000 rpm no problem screaming jimmy !!

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

Henry Ford built his first tractor with car parts, he grew up on a farm and really had no love for it. Making tractors made farming easier, allowed more free time, time to buy and drive a Model T. Kids tried to make T's go faster, and the "Hot Rod" was born. :D

25. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

There is an 8n running around Southeast SD with a 390 FE, well built, and open exhaust. It was used back in the day for push-starting sprints and modifieds. I've seen it running around at a few antique tractor shows.

Adam

26. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Just bought oil and filter for my '39 Allis Chalmers. the only problem is that the tractor is 550 miles away at deer camp. Near our camp is an abandoned farm with more than a dozen old tractors including three steel wheelers, one's a Fordson. Old tractors are fun!

27. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

'39 Super M Farmall

28. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Got a friend that has this on his farm. He has more, but this is the only one that I photographed.

Attached Files:

29. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

My '52 8n. I love it! yes, there was another tractor loaded behind the axles

[​IMG]

30. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Had one,but some crook took it.
    I had fun with it in the 1960's running around the fields Just up from Butter Milk Falls NY, it was a Hubber fourwheel drive ,steelspiked wheels made around the 1920's that was still on my great aunt's fram in mid state NY,very hilly fram,but some one stold it off the fram in about the 1970's when my aunt was sick and not home. There very super rare,so the bum that took it knows not to show it any were I guess.
    Love to fine out more about that one.:cool:
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.