Register now to get rid of these ads!

The car nobody wanted...so I bought it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mikey's Pinstriping, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

I think he means wheels when he says Americans. I wouldn't change a thing.

2. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Guess I never noticed the logos....not trying to give you grief, just love that car. It always made me smile when I saw it parked in front of his place. Didn't even know it was for sale....

3. belair

belair

I like that six. You got a really cool project.

4. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Nice car, looks much less ambulancey after you photoshopped it. How do you go about filling in the sides?

5. Polished American Racing Torque Thrust= Street Rod = DONE TO DEATH!

I'd drive the wheels off that car. I'm not Chevy guy but that car is kool.

6. Love it. Keep the windows and buy an adapter for the 700r4 and keep the 6 as well. The 305 is a great driver motor but the 6 is just as reliable and keeps the vibe going. I wouldn't change motors unless I had to.

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Cool car,I like it with the windows filled.It will make a great car for your business.Darrell Mayab a hot rod artiest here in Denver has a 35 Chevy sedan delivery he uses for his business.They are great for advertisement. It's your car now, do what pleases you.

8. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

i like 50 cars good score

9. It'll make a great sedan delivery.

10. save this window:D

i have a 50 sedan delivery and this has been in my head for years :rolleyes:

click on pic to enlarge then click next , previous , next ,previous ... repeat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  11. way back when i had other wagons i thought window tint flames would be cool on the middle window and the tips all end in chrome tape to the rear like a ambulance
    front window clear blending into multi lick layered variant tint flames that the tips all at different lengths all end in parrallel stripes wish i could p- shop them for ya maybe someone can

12. metal man

metal man

Okay,not that you asked, but I have a different idea for the windows in question.There is a perforated vinyl product that is used on a lot of delivery vehicles.It can be made in any color ,totally blocks out the view from outside looking in,and you won't have the blindspots you'd have with a delivery.They can even print a logo on it.It's amazing how well you can see out when you can't see in at all and the color on the outside looks solid.

13. The_Monster

The_Monster

If I were to run it, heres my input.
    Youre a pinstriper, so use your ride to show it off! Sell yourself!
    Tint the windows and paint your name and phone number, email, etc. on the glass. I dont think panels look too cool personally and you have such a great chop with windows. More style with windows I think.
    Id run seaweed flames down the side and put a huge cluster on the back tailgate.
    Id pop the baby moons off and run your chrome rims even if theyre a bit rusty. I love chrome steelies w/o caps. Greyed out the interior to get rid of the red. Also, I put on headlight visors and changed the yellow marker covers to clear. 2" WW and youre all done.
    Stance is perfect as-is in my book.

Tint it, paint it, get rollin' with the 235 and drive it! Go make money! A major project (body/motor/tranny mods) isnt needed here if you plan on usin this ride as your bread winner.

Again, you didnt ask, but, what the hell.. haha

Attached Files:

14. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

What's with you and no windows? Nice find Mikey. I'll expect to see it at the next show.

15. like this mikey????

custom coachwork by????

click on pic to enlarge then click next then previous,next ,previous ,,, repeat good luck

Attached Files:

16. Dzus

Dzus

Jeez this is a tough one. I have no idea how many Texicalli Sandwiches I ate. First time was when the Texicalli was behind Kirby's on S. Lamar.

First time I saw Big Lu-Lu she was a dented rusty hulk with a very cool Texicalli cowskull painted on the door. Anybody have a picture?

I encouraged Danny to fix her up, and he did. I asked him if a V8 swap was in the works, but no. Danny was very proud of Big Lu-Lu's 'Silent Six', as he called it.

After Big Lu-Lu was cherried out, a storm dropped a tree on the roof. But making lemons out of lemonade, Danny sent her back to Del Rio and chopped the top.

Big Lu-Lu is a South Austin Legend. I wouldn't have the heart to change a thing. You a very lucky to own her.

17. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

kool kar. I would keep the glass .
    my $.02
    keep it posted.

18. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

I love it. I would just fix the body and paint and cruise it as is... But I love wagons so.....

19. RDR

RDR

not that you asked...but another vote to keep the glass...seen lots of deliveys but 2dr wagon gotta be a rare duck and looks cool...good luck and nice find!!

20. if that rear qrtr winder could roll down!!!!!!

21. I agree with the comments about saving the window too. It actually reminds me of an ambulance and thats what I really like about the car.

22. russ1403

russ1403

i with keeping the windows...love it:)

23. Yeh- keep the chrome wheels too.

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now it DOES look like an ambulance!:eek:
    The six would be cool, just get someone to overhaul the carbs, maybe trade work for work, the good ol' HAMBer way.

25. motorhead711

motorhead711

Way cool ride!!!

26. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think it needs larger whitewalls, some cool hubcaps and to be lowered alittle more. Step away from the Americans.. just say no..

I normally hate chopped wagons but as a 2 dr it does not seem bad.

27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

What a great old wagon !
    Since everyone's coughing up opinions , I might as well too , lol ! Keep the windows & the six-er (get the carbs running right & you'll be gold) . The wheels & steering wheel should get the axe though ;) .

Enjoy it !!

28. Mikey,
    You have scored a cool one there.....as Mark and Ryan have mentioned....it sure is a neat ride as is

29. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with Mark and Ryan. It's a great piece of Austin history and I'd hate to see it changed. Damn I miss the Texicalli Grille and Danny.

30. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

South Austin legend indeed. Can't even count how many times I've seen this wagon around. Really one of the only 'customs' you would see in Austin on a regular basis. As Mark said, didn't even know it was up for sale!?

Viva la Texicalli Grill!