Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods +++ PICS ...SW&C Willys & more W"s @ VARGO +++

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Nov 6, 2010.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Ran into my friend Joe Trillo who graciously brought the SW&C SWINDLER II tp Vargo also found a few other W on the track ....

Attached Files:

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  3. wow love the interior job in the Swindler 2. very cool.

4. Nice shots Al I always had a hard time choosing wich SW&C car I liked the best...Today is the early version ....Thanks

5. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Thanks Al! Always good to see you. I love the Stone Woods and Cook B car as well.

6. hasty

hasty

Nice cars, great pics

7. George T G

George T G

OK so how did it look compaired to the last few years? More or less cars? Better orgnized or the same back-ups?
    I chose Maple grove. I bit cool but not too bad nice crowd but not packed, I think the weatherman scared some off. Lots of vendors though.

8. Garrett331

Garrett331
    from Pa

About the same or slightly less. No backups. Much better food concession. Only real downside was a large puddle to drive through due to the amount of rain on Thursday. No one got parked in mud though. There were lots of Boy Scouts, in fact the trophies were all handed out by the scouts. There was a complete, fresh overhauled Chevy 350 that got raffled off, as well as other items. There were some old timers and Vargo family members there that spoke about the old days, also Jake Vargo's Offy sprint car. Overall it seemed much better organized than previous years. Not perfect, but much better.
    I would say that the rumors of it's death were greatly exaggerated.

9. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Garrett331 is right. I arrived around 915-930 and went right in with no backup at all. Things seemed well organized. It was good.

10. CR1193

CR1193
    from Tennessee

AWESOME!!!! The very definition of a willys gasser!!!

11. Glad to hear it went well, let the political backlash begin.

12. Garrett331

Garrett331
    from Pa

Shouldn't be any backlash. It was a good show, the scouts were there in force as were Vargo family members and racers from the opening day. Hopefully the name calling and he said - she said will end now that there is a baseline reality .

13. George T G

George T G

Good to hear . It was too nice a show to see it go away. Now if can get seperated from the Maple Grove date. I wonder why the Grove moved up?