Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 7/11/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Nov 6, 2010.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Showed this 1/18th diecast in partial bare metal in last week's Sunday Models thread ( sought of! )
    Spent all week and this weekend finishing off the body work.
    In these shots it is only mocked up. Next I will get into the serious chassis work!
    Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Applied some paint this morning. Yet to be rubbed out and polished!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammmm that is cool....makes me want a three window.

3. Here's one I just finished last week, It's a Flintstone resin body with AMT fenders and hood all on a scratch built chassis with the flathead out of a Lindberg `53 Victoria.

Attached Files:

4. Working on this one. '41 Chevy cab, shortened bad, cigarette lighter fuel tank, hemi with latham blower, Bob Dudek aluminum pulleys, Modelhaus slicks, etc. etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lawman

lawman

Very nice. Tom (Tired Old Man)

6. box50

box50

From box50, Very cool.

7. Oldsklmike

Oldsklmike

Fresh build from the bench and ready to show...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same kit built a few years ago in a different style.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later Mike

8. freebird101

freebird101

great work so far from everyone, I've got a project going finally. I have an old Revell 1953 vette project that I have decide to turn into Bonneville racer style car. I'm starting out by chopping the middle so it is equal hight to the quarter panels, making the car very low to the ground. I will probably (if luck is on my side) be done by the end of the month.
    These are the materials:2 testors paints and brushes, an ex-acto knife, a Revell 1953 Corvette model kit and sand paper.
    [​IMG]
    This is stock height, I tapped around based from the quarters height so i would know what needed to go. [​IMG]
    I started to slide the ex-acto knife across the bottom first, giving it the string cheese like look.
    [​IMG]
    after around a half an hour of cutting and sanding, 1 side is finished. As you can see I made a cut a little to far up, crap!
    [​IMG]
    I made the same error on the other side as well
    [​IMG]

9. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Nice pics guys!

10. sobpunx

sobpunx

Hello, I finished this up a few days ago, it was my second attempt at polishing a model and it turned out good untill I showed it to my girlfriend and happend to have some glue on my hand and put a couple of smudges on the body.
    thier are a few other things messed up with it but it was a fun build.
    cheers
    mat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Pscott

Pscott

I've put these 3 on the shelf:
    AMT 32 Ford
    [​IMG]

Monogram 30 Ford coupe
    [​IMG]

Revell Little Deuce
    [​IMG]

12. anyone have a straight axle outa a a100 or chevy/ford PU Im tryin to build a replica of my 56 and cant fing the one I thought I had saved for it..........

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

14. Great stuff guys.

I've been taking advantage of the long summer and painted a few kits.
    Most are O.T. but I did do a little work on a little '40 Ford. I found a low cost Revell coupe
    and came across an unused Mustang convertible top. I'll get pictures of everything together some time soon and post the pics.

I'll put more work into the '61 Chevy and update you soon.

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice models , good job on them like the little hemi with sudco blower

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

This is pretty damn interesting....nice job
    [​IMG]

17. hemi

hemi

Still have some work yet, but trying to make the NNL deadline for next week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow what a great Sunday!! Geoff that 34 is perfect, seriously perfect, the way you worked the chop, it is one of the very few 34 lids that just look sooooooo right!! (Is that 'Rat Bastard Blue?)

Mike, is that the snap tite 34 kit? If so it is another example of how well you can get a bad kit to look good, I love it. The spats are something I have never considered on a 34 but man they fit in well!

Pscott, that 30 is super sweet too, great stance and look.

Yeah, I'm jealous. You guys all suck.

Doc.

(PS, I know I didn't mention you all but I don't have time and there isn't a model this time that I would seriously pick a fault on. Freebird, if you want some quick fixes for where you went too deep on the cuts, I'm happy to help and I'm sure anyone else that does a lot of custom work would be too happy to help.)

(PPS. The only project I have presentable is a salt lake car but its a little O/T for here...........and it just happens to be my most hated car............and I'm building a model of one........ go figure!!??)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Very cool ,Cars ..................No axle' though

20. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Great stuff. Working on a stock to mild custom build of the 40 Ford convert.

21. car toon

car toon

Here is one I finished recently....'34 Ford CJA jalopy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. badgeree

badgeree

PSCOTT, I've got an unopened Monogram 1930 Coupe kit, that I've been wanting to build for about a year now. I hope I can get it looking near as good as yours, rather than the picture on the box lid. Now I've got to Highboy, Chop, Bob, find some Purple Paint, take a deap breath and start modifying. OMG, I'm startin' to scare myself. Ahhh, I'l just crack another beer instead and think about startin' it. You can't rush these things ya know.

23. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hey Bud! Nice Job. Is this what I think it is? A "biggie?". I haven't been on LSM in so long, I probably missed your entire build. Sorry, Gary.

24. car toon

car toon

Hey, Gary. No, this isn't a biggie. It is 1/25 scale. I wish there was a '34 Ford in 1/8. A sedan would be nice!

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Dang, I knew that. But one can't help but hope. I still haven't had a chance to get back to my Wisconsin Mod in 1/8th. Now I'm doing trains in that scale! Gary

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010