Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage AAAAK Aces Reliability Run Pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Here's our hand after the third check point...all we needed was a Queen,and we would have a straight!!!
    [​IMG]

We pulled into the resturant,the last checkpoint..... but got an eight! SHIT! We had nothing! haha!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Team ACME,before she knew what the card was...
    [​IMG]

...VERY BAD WORDS! after she knew what the cars was,hahaha!!!!! FULL HOUSE,Kings and 7's...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  2. [​IMG]

Denny Crane came in this COOL truck...
    [​IMG]

A few more pic's of Dragun's Bobber...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

Weasel's Willys....thanks for the ice teas buddy....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob's Coupe...
    [​IMG]

4. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Team ACME,before she knew what the card was...
    [​IMG]

...VERY BAD WORDS! after she knew what the cars was,hahaha!!!!! FULL HOUSE,Kings and 7's...
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

VERY BAD WORDS indeed! My wife cusses like a drunken sailor when she gets excited.

I'm pretty sure she taught my kids all of the bad words they know.

We ended up winning first place for the best hand.

We want to thank the ACES C.C. for a great day. One of the best events in a long time. Lots of fun today!!

5. Team ACME won the big prize,for the best hand....Good seeing you guys!!!
    [​IMG]

Big thanks to the ACES,for such a fun day!!!!! Looking forward to next years run.....
    [​IMG]

6. That's all the pic's....I took some video,but i'll have to download them fisrt...and that takes some time. Look for them tomorrow.
    Hope you enjoyed the journey...

7. WOW....sorry I missed this one.....That's a great area.....Rose's Cantina has good food too......

8. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

9. I don't even go to meets anymore... I just sit at home and wait for Bob's pics.........

10. I think I can i.d. the RHD Deuce as Dennis Nosworthy. Thanks for the pic Bob, looks like a great day.

11. gafridge

gafridge

Looks like a great time,with great looking cars.That's what cars are made for,looks like a great time was had by all.Thanks for posting the pics.

12. I was a GREAT day! Thanks to the ACES for all their hard work in putting on a great event....

13. Weasel

Weasel

The Aces rule...what a great day - perfect weather, beautiful windy twisty country roads a million miles removed for the concrete urban jungle and a bunch of cool old hot rods and like minded folks just having fun in the sun. Bad 'the lens' Bob did a stellar job as 'official HAMB photographer' - thanks for posting these. Good to see you and JustPlainJ as well as several other Hambers and this one is an absolute must do. Next year it's going to be longer, whoohoo....

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Oh man, I shoulda gone but it was threatening rain where I live.

15. BadBob… THANK YOU, the pics were fantastic!

The amount of cars, road side scenery and panoramic views were outstanding and the weather could not have been any more perfect.

Aces' Buddy, Suzie and their band of blue grass set the mood for a perfect SoCal afternoon. Aces' Cliff Talley http://keyonestudios.com/ manned numerous video stations like only he can; thanks, I can't wait to see the video!

Sponsor's donations were also over the top. Thanks to www.seatbeltbags.com, www.acme-speedshop.com, http://thehotrodtrio.com/, www.rosecanyoncantina.com, www.cwmoss.com, www.reidsrodparts.com and anyone else I might have forgot. Thank you & God bless!

16. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

ITs good to see a few Circle City cars out stretching their legs. Bummed I missed it!! Looks like a good time!
    Jimmy White

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos as we always can expect from you Bob and man that looks like real fun with cars at that event.

18. Thanks for the ride Bob, I felt like I was there.

19. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

Nice pictures Bob sorry we missed it.

20. aces52

aces52

On behalf of the ACEScc I would like to thank all the car clubs, and friends who came out for our First Annual Poker Run. Special thanks to John Cox of the Rose Canyon Cantina for having us. This event was a big hit and this will one of many reliability runs to come from the ACEScc. Thanks to Bad Bob for his great photos and look forward to seeing everyone at future shows. So in the meantime keep the pedal on the metal and your eye in the rear view mirror, if you have one.
    President BOB ACEScc

21. aces52

aces52

22. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Looks like a fun event. Thanks for sharing the pics.:cool:

23. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn... seeing pics like this makes all us from other areas of the country jealous. So many cool cars and people that actually get out and have fun. Great stuff.

24. Wow! That was a long ride. Jim and I just got home. We drove 950 miles to do a 42 mile run. Thats good math. It rained hard on us that last 100 miles. Nuthin but fun....

25. Weasel

Weasel

Damn, they should give you a Long Distance award - that's reliability for ya....

26. Jim

Jim

We did get the "long distance" award!

I grew up in Santa Ana and went to school in Orange so it is always nice to get down there and see old friends..
    Here are a couple more pictures on the way there and during the run...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a great time and will do it again next year when it happens..

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  27. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

looks like a blast

28. No fan or generator?
    [​IMG]