Register now to get rid of these ads!

Olds F-85 ideas. Anyone have one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zach from ny, Nov 3, 2010.

1. joe_padavano

joe_padavano

The port injection used on the 350 Olds motor in the first gen Sevilles used a prehistoric analog computer and did not even have an O2 sensor. Parts are virtually impossible to find. Several folks have converted this manifold to digital control with modern computer and injectors. Of course, at that point it's probably easier to just start from scratch with an aftermarket intake.

2. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Even with the prehistoric controller, it should still get better mileage. I have seen this system converted to modern setup using this manifold. The most expensive part is the computer and if you get something from one of the aftermarket computer makers, it doesn't have any electronic circuits that have nothing except fuel controls.

3. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

Nah, I love lowriders, but these dudes were sketchy as hell Honda guys who wanted to ruin the car. I had w/w's on it, dropped a little, striped on the trunk and hood, stock green paint with a vinyl top and just real clean and classic looking.

These guys told me they were going to rip the vinyl top off and spraypaint it flat black. I'm sure it's sitting in a yard somewhere on blocks. :mad:

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I had a 69 sportscoupe four door ,Great car ,Love them olds ,It was a rocket and I had it up to 130 with ease.

5. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I am an Olds guy from way back. I bought a '68 Hurst in '76 & when I got sick of putting tires on it from drag racing I bought a '65. In the eighties I got it into the 10's with some Mondello heads & a 75 shot. Oldsmobiles rock!

6. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

Just went and looked at it. Runs mint, shifts mint, stops mint, power steering and brakes work mint. Car has 55k on it, under the hood is mint. Drove the car around and lit up the tires effortlessly. 330/2brl runs awesome. Great daily driver material.

The only thing that TOTALLY sucks is there is some rot around the front and rear windshields. Not terrible, but they are definitely leaking pretty good...the front anyway. Carpets are trashed cause of the leak and someone took silicone and put it allllll around the windshields. Def going to need to take the windows out, possibly weld in some metal, re-seal it etc. Kind of don't want to do any of that....and I HATE water leaks, so we'll see what happens.

That and I pressed the ebrake down to see if it worked...anddddd it got stuck down and the release won't let it come back up. Ughhhh.

Dude wants $1300 for it...