Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T How many HAMBers own Vintage Tractors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostn51, May 10, 2009.

1. Got my 1950 Farmall Cub done not to long ago!
    1915 Case HayPress
    Just got a 1945 Case Sc.

Frist photo is my cub with the haypress!

Attached Files:

2. Dirk35

Dirk35

My dad built me a 1938 Farmall B crop row. Great little machine. Id suggest one for sure. Stomp one brake and do doughnuts until you run out of gas. Of course, he kept it for himself, but thats another story.

3. guffey

guffey

more stuff 002.jpg

430 John Deere with 3 point live pto and power steering

4. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I have a Massey Ferguson TO 20, I have a offset disk, and a blade and a box scraper, 20 horse, gasoline engine.. parts are plentiful and easy to work on,, Here is a forum for ya,,,
    http://www.mytractorforum.com/

5. Zaemo

Zaemo
    BANNED
    from Atlanta

Don't have room for a full size tractor in town so this is what I have......
    1961 Wheel Horse 551. Hoping to find the original engine, a Lauson 5.5 HP electric start. I'll restore this next year. Working on the mechanicals now.

Z

Attached Files:

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I got a 48 ford 8n, with a deerborn loader, blade, post hole digger, towner disk. I need a brush hog. Its a lot of fun and has definetly paid for itself time again in the two years ive owned it.

7. lawman

lawman

Heres my 1949 8n.Great for moving and working on the grand sons
    38 chevy. The grandson learned to drive on it.LOL Tom (Tired Old Man)

Attached Files:

8. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Just a few from the Antique machinery show at the Rhinebeck Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck NY

Pat

Attached Files:

9. BJR

BJR

I have a 1957 John Deere 520 that I use for mowing trails in the woods, and lifting stuff with the loader.

10. we got a old 8n ford w/all the attachments and for what you need that might be your answer,parts are easy to get and most farm sales have them or attachments,we use the brush hog and post hole digger the most and has been very reliable

11. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I've got a '46 Case VAC and it's real handy. Almost as much fun as old cars. Parts are easy to find, plenty of repops for restoration too. Even tractor shows at the fairgrounds. And way easier to restore than a car!

12. mrpowderkeg

mrpowderkeg

I've got a big brother to your 2000, 1969 5000, Wonderful tractors!
    [​IMG]

13. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I've got a 40s era Case VAC myself. It has been a very good tractor. I've only changed the oil once and replaced a lower radiator hose.

[​IMG]

14. Wesley

Wesley

I have a 61 (I think) Massey Ferguson 35 that I use to work my 15 acres. Hard to say what I use more often, the shredder or the post hole digger. Parts are readily available and not terribly expensive. I need to go through the engine this winter because it oil fouls at least 1 spark plug every hour. So far it looks as though I should be able to buy pistons, rings, bearings, valves, gaskets for around $500.

15. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Dad has a 50's 8N, no biggie you trip over them around here.

One of the best times I've ever had was going to my friends Grandpa's place in Iowa, he has a huge collection of vintage tractors and an airstrip. He got every single tractor out on the airstrip and let us drive them all. Some were turn-of-the century. Lots had leather straps and handles on the flywheel, some had steel wheels. Don't know my tractors well but that was cool, a great memory :D He had a couple steam machines too.

Here's my son's hot rod tractor. It was mine and restored by my Dad for his 3rd birthday, John Deere yellow flames and all:

Attached Files:

16. 62ironhead

62ironhead

1946 Ford 2N with front end loader.

17. 8flat

8flat

I have a JD 620 gas 2-cylinder. It was built in '57 I think. It has power steering and a live PTO, very nice to have if you actually plan on using it regularly. Old tractors are great.

18. flat150

flat150
    from Wisconsin

Ford 8 N and 1973 574 International. Both hard workers built to last.

19. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Have a 1937 International F-20

20. Little Terry

Little Terry

Ok, I hope you don't mind me dragging this thread back up, but I started to work on my grandpa's D2 this week and need some advice on the ignition.

I have never worked on a mag ignition - how do I overhaul it?

Got the levels right, new fuel, fresh plugs but still looking for a spark. It has been standing in a barn for at least 15 years.

Cheers,
    LT.

21. ...my 50 Allis Chalmers WD, very handy to have around, mostly push snow with it and lift engines, cabs off trucks, and move cars around like a tow truck. Wouldn't be without it now.

[​IMG]

22. dprodder

dprodder

I've had Fords, Fergusons, and now have a Massey-Ferguson with live PTO which is a must for brush cutters and snowblowers. My neighbor has a '40's Oliver which runs great and may be for sale. An 8N with a flatty would be agreat thing to have.

23. I grew up mostly operating the farmall letter series. Tractors are another thing im hoarding and have sitting & rotting.:eek: I have a super A with the engine from a 200. B with a wide front, 300 utility, 350 row crop gas, 350 row crop diesel, 4 M farmalls one has a shop built 3 point lift. 2 VAC case with the eagle claw hitch. BF Avery. Model U Moiline. I have a M & C Farmalls that Im parting out. VAC case parts. I have four crawler dozers Two TD14 A farmall , D4 7U Cat. & a Cletrac. Over at my folks farm there is a 420 john deer crawler loader, 930 case diesel , Narrow front B farmall, Super H farmall and a yellow H farmall the was bought new by the Air Base at Walnut Ridge Ar. It was used to pull the planes around. They smelted the planes down at that location after the war. It pulled the planes to their final demise. The goverment donated much of the property to the college. Many years later I think in 1987 the college had a auction. The yellow H wasnt running dad bought it for $185.00 We worked on the iginition got it going and my middle son who was 9 years old drove it home.:cool: Ill post some pictures later. Many tractors have went to the scrapper this past year since scrap got high.:mad: OldWolf

24. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

I have two, a 1939 Farmall H and a Massey Harris 81. Yeah, I like that stuff, too.
    Tom

25. cal1320

cal1320
    from Florida

1956 IH 300 Utility here. Front end loader, bush hog, and grader blade. Torque Amplifier still works good. Live PTO and down pressure on rear hyd.

26. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

Here's my retired 34 Case. Needs some valve work, but I plan on getting it running again someday.

Attached Files:

27. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

My dad and I saved a furguson to20 from a scrape yard......The story is: this tractor belonged to a marine that died in Irag and his widow couldn't stand to see it anymore, I'm going finish it, and bring it back to life for him and finish what he started.

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I've got a 1961 Wheel Horse Suburban 551 with a 5hp Techompsi (spelling) which is a factory motor. Just took it to a show last weekend. I've had it five years and bought it up in Denton NC back in 06. And it was bone stock, all rusty, everything original, but it ran. In 07', we mildly fixed it up (still need decals and rubber for the fenders/seat. But, we decided to keep the old, original, dry rotted back tires on it! I've never had to air them up. Every show I go to, I have people wanting to buy it, but as far as I'm concerned, I'll have it till the day I die! I also have a restored 1937 Briggs WMB (Washing Machine Briggs) gas engine my grandfather fixed me for my 7th birthday and I have a mini 1950's steam engine collection. Tractors were my first love before cars, heck, we used to go to 10-12 BIG shows a year, when I was still wrapped in a blanket. I got a john deere a pedal tractor for christmas when I was three, and I always entered and won in the pedal pulls and races. They called me the "Richard Petty of Pedal Tractors!" haha

I've always wanted a John Deere A, but they're so dang big, so I'd settle with an H model. But right now, I need to focus on a hot rod...after all, I can't drive a tractor to school!

-Cody (I'll post pictures of my Wheel Horse tomorrow.)

29. I have a Wheel Horse, mid 60's variety. The grandkids learned to drive it. I display it on the back of my Crusty Cruise #2 at car shows. Yes, it still starts runs and drives.

Attached Files:

30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL