Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Been draggin' this thing around from one location to another for too many years. Was off of work for almost 4 weeks and decided to get it slapped together for the Billetproof Drags this weekend. Too bad I will be on call from work, so not going.
    Anywho..."found" this 5.5hp OHV engine at work and with some coaching from Nads, came up with this mini-chopper idea. Fab work is almost all done, so will blow it apart and give it a proper paint job. OMG...can't believe how much cash I got wrapped up in this little POS. :eek::D
    Allot of fun racing Nads around his front yard. Are we nucking futs or something??? Grown men about to kill ourselves on these deathtraps.:p;)
    JT
    p.s. cool thread and cool little bikes.

Attached Files:

2. brianhouchins

brianhouchins

Just got a mini bike yesterday given to me. Trying to find some information on this bike. It has a sticker on the front forks that says Trailcat by Matco at least that is what it looks like but it is hard to read. The engine is a brigs 3.5 horse. If any body would be able to tell me any information that is great. Pictures as soon as I can get them.

3. guffey

guffey

ok 014.jpg
    Picked this one up at Hersey

4. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Trailcat by MANCO not MATCO. That will help you find info.

5. CLSSY56

CLSSY56

I picked this one up from a buddy of mine. I have no idea what it is. It will be a good father & son project this winter, I believe.

Attached Files:

6. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Just picked this up today, not sure what kind it is.

Attached Files:

7. cruisinkruty

cruisinkruty

Check this out,5HP Briggs,300 bucks takes it home

Attached Files:

8. a coupe

a coupe

I have a rupp minibike probably from the early 70's haven't seen it in a few years but it was in the barn last time I was in there engine was out of it but I think the torque converter is still with it let me know if anybody is interested.

9. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Just found out, mine is a Manco.

10. Kenny P

Kenny P

11. bdbecker

bdbecker
    from Iowa

Here's my old mini bike. I ended up running her right into an oak tree as a kid when it got stuck at WOT. Fast forward 15 years, I cut the old bent up forks and made them better and swapped out the 3hp Clinton for a 5.5 Briggs. I should finish her up one of these days, thinking mini trike...

[​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I also streched the downtubes 6", raked the neck, and added some expanded metal gussets to make things "stronger."

12. LIL ANGE.

LIL ANGE.
    from Long Beach

13. Kenny P

Kenny P

Cheap seat of your pants fun.

Brand new Doodlebug on Craigslist, 200 bucks.
    Habor Freight 6.5 horse engine, 99 bucks.
    Homeade header, rejetted for a racey airfilter, 15 bucks.
    Slick rear tire and ribbed front tire, 50 bucks.
    For under 400 bucks, This little thing will pull the front wheel and keep you on your toes!
    Just thought I'd share. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  14. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I have a 1971 mini trail 50. Great fun ! perfect shape (restored by older bro) he is into them hard,he has 3 or 4 in his garage all the time in some stage of resto. there bringing in the big bucks now ! Could buy them new for $299 all day long. Now a good one is worth $3000 on e-bay. Should have bought a damm truck load in 71 !

15. edweird

edweird

i'm getting ready to put a 5.50 honda motor on a orange county chopper bicycle.this ought to be interesting. i will post pics later.

16. edweird

edweird

wanna race um ?

Attached Files:

17. Patrick46

Patrick46

I finally dug mine out from behind the workbench, (gonna clean her up and give her a tune up)...but I'm having a hard tyme telling what I've got....any help out there???

P1000958.JPG

P1000961.JPG
    I'm pretty sure the front wheel is from a Honda trail 70...and I might just hafta put me onna those nifty disk brakes on her too!

I'm lovin' this thread!! every time I read it, I think back to my youth and about bombin' around on these crazy things! (why do ya think I picked this thing up???) :rolleyes:

18. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Here's what I ride ! restored by Older brother John. All original but seat. 1971

Attached Files:

19. AHotRod

AHotRod

I've had this '66 Gran Prix mini bike since new, it's been 5 different colors and has had 4 engines over the years. My boys all rode it and about 2 years ago I decided to go wild on it and do some major styling changes.
    I've ride it all the time out here where we live and drag race it at the Billetproof Drags Mini-Bike Madness.

Attached Files:

20. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Mildly butchered Taco 22. Look for the serial number on the driver's side lower frame tube near the engine plate/footpeg area. The first number will be the year.

21. MotoArts

MotoArts

Circa 1978, me 'n my Cat Slingshot lost a battle with a boulder in high grass:
    [​IMG]
    This one's not near done yet. One of Dad's bright ideas :) Not a minibike, but is powered by a discarded Chinese scooter 2 stroke with transmission. Tie rod steering, disc brake, SBF valve spring suspension, copper tubing dual exhaust pipe, etc... Gasser style fuel keg, diamond pleated interior and wheelie bar are in the plans:
    [​IMG]

22. Patrick46

Patrick46

Why 'Thankyou' there Mr. Tom!!!

23. smarg

smarg

Got a Vintage look too it.

Highest point on the bike is 28 inches.

Attached Files:

24. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

She's a keeper. One of the most collectible out there. Now you need to pop for the right wheels :D

25. Another Salvagerz Minibike... with human "ballast" it would wheelie the 1/8 mile
    [​IMG]
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQspaMbUR7c?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQspaMbUR7c?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Another Salvagerz creation:
    [​IMG]

Glen about to spring into action
    [​IMG]

Green Stink video... Whereabouts unknown... it WAS a Montgomery Wards
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhxSqfcD_f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dhxSqfcD_f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Chariot of Hellfire... 6.5/Torq-A-Vertor...ALMOST too dangerous to run in this configuration
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrhFQKJqskc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrhFQKJqskc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  26. edweird

edweird

I just finished this today and took it on its maiden voyage. I still got to tear it back apart for metalflake blue paint.

Attached Files:

27. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

28. bg64vw

bg64vw

Check out this video from "minidragbike" on youtube. The guy has over 100 mini bike drag racing videos and they are awesome to watch!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkflZIBwckI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jkflZIBwckI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

29. bg64vw

bg64vw