Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '65 Cutlass Kustom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5SPOKE, Nov 3, 2010.

1. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Well it was requested by porknbeaner for photos of my "to new Kustom", but my Rivi. is a '64 and there has not been complaints so here she is......

and if ya don't like, sorry I dig it !
    and if you do like it, well I have more pictures :)

Attached Files:

2. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

I dig it...most car guys love anything with wheels.

3. Anderson

Anderson

I don't dig what you've got going on with the interior now, but I have been in love with the rest of the car for a while. Nice work! Here's a couple pics I've had saved since '02.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  4. HRod 50

HRod 50

Whats that in the trunk?

Cool steering wheel, what is it?

I like everything else about the car...

5. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Well thanks for keeping tabs on me Anderson, well there ain't much to the interior now, the smooth dash and the '65 t-bird rear panel (where the back seat was) and the tops of the "doors" will be shot in the same Kandy-burgundy as the scallops and engine compartment, the seats that you don't see are '65 t-bird done in a more tradition 2" tuck-n-roll pleats except in metallic white/red vinyl like the trunk w/the stock aluminum trip polished and the backs smoothed and painted white w/louvers and some Kandy scallops, also I have drk. red shag carpet going on the floor along with a crazy gauge cluster coming off the factory console......

6. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Ok the steering wheel is a modified Billet specialties wheel, I machined out the center of each spoke, added the Kandy paint for accent, the half wrap was done in metallic red vinyl, the center is a customized '50 Olds logo with a custom acrylic globe and machined aluminum ring made by my departed uncle, and in the trunk; a 12volt refrigerator next to a Sony sub woofer, some panels that open for storage and the center-piece is my tool box (yes it is a casket).......I tend to be drawn to the dark-side of things....:)

7. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Looks like an urn burial vault to me.

8. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

No sorry, trust me its a casket......I could tell ya what type but some people get freaked out (and I just started reappearing here), look at the size of it and it should come to ya...it was damaged in shipping when the mortuary got it and a friend of mine that worked there gave it to me....and I fixed it.....

9. csclassics

csclassics

NICE!!!! I have a 63 Corvair that I'm doing up in a similar fashion. Cool Car!!!!

10. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I see that it is cloth covered. Looked like the concrete vaults I've sold in the past.

11. I concur!!!! The interior doesn't go with the outside at all.....IMO! Wrong wheels for a Custom also.

12. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

A coffin for a tool box . Heck they have made cars from them and nothing was said . OK so it's for a very , very young person , there . It's no offense to me , it's just life at it's saddest point .

Anyway I like the car . Lots of special touches that I see there too . I enjoy seeing when people use a lot of different parts of cars to build one car . Take a lot of imagination to see something that might go well in a car you are building . I like the colors and the interior but not too sure about shag carpet . Seems that you are going more for the late 60's to early 70's look there . Hey it's your car but i still like it .

Retro Jim

13. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Thanks for the positive rubs guys. And thanks for sharing your opinions and thoughts with me, the polished wheels are perfect for a 60s show-car Kustom, check out the old coverage of carshows back then, not all kustoms are sleds with steelies and white walls and vice-versa...besides I have loved 5 spokes all my life, and yea the early interior from '02 did not work with the racing stripes down the middle, so now it will be Kandy, metal flake, scallops, flames, louvers, polished aluminum, shag carpet....its gonna be crazy
    and the "tool box" is a infant's casket....it was given to me damaged (un-used) and the Morbid side of me thought it would make for a good tool box in the trunk.....

14. I really try not to get on here and negatively critique another guys car but I gotta say, the baby casket gives me a really bad vibe. It ain't cool and it sure don't look cool. As others have said, I dig the paint and the car in general but it seems like you're going 5 different directions at once. Between the billet steering wheel, the torque thrusts, the 60's tach, the 3 foot high rat rod shifter, the boom box speakers in the trunk the car seems lost. Don't take this as busting your balls because thats not my intention. You have the makings of a cool ride there but you need to pick one direction and head that way with it.

15. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

going shag like Roth did in a lot of his Kustoms, but I can't do white, I do drive it ! and since I have to swing my legs over the "doors" (you do see they are welded and molded closed, right !) I step on the seats (which are red/white flake vinyl), so I am thinking flip flops, step bare footed on the seat and drive Flinstone style bare footed.......in shag carpet...comfy...no ?? :)

16. Four Banger

Four Banger

You guage cluster.....is that an early 60's Chrysler? I know I've see this somewhere before....

17. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

I appreciate all feedback.....I'm sorry the box creeps ya out...I have a morbid fascination with the dark side so, well I like it !. I modified the billet steering in a fashion to be more "60s style", I am not trying to replicate anything, just building it as a homage to the wild Kustoms of the 60s that I like with my own twist, and funny you mention the boom box, I'm not sold on it myself, been thinking of building a cover for it, after all the rest of the stereo will be hidden under covers and behind doors in compartments in the interior so why show the sub-woofer ? anyway thanks for the critique...

18. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

'62 Chrysler Imperial......my friend !

19. 5SPOKE

5SPOKE

Heres some more detail shots....maybe in a couple of months I will share the crazy rear bumper I have been workin' on after I get some more welding done to it.....

Attached Files:

20. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

oh that poor Cutlass,
    not my style but it's not my car. I can apreciate the hard work in it and it's a true custom ,

21. lawman

lawman

Nice. Tom (Tired Old Man)