Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gimme Gimme Gimme Mopar Mo-pics Mo-thrills

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bizee, Nov 2, 2010.

1. bizee

bizee
    from australia

Well i will tell you that i'm new to this site & in the short time i've been here i've been well impressed with the content & photos here, especially those mopar pics. Threads to do with gasser cars, racing station wagons & the like have been awesome.
    Figured i would have a go at starting a thread & see how i go with getting willing respondents, as you can see by my personal info i'm from Oz & down here we love our mopars especially since they stopped making them here in the '80s so those that do own them feel a strong affinity in keeping the marque alive.

So in starting this thread the idea is to see how much mopar input in the way of photos/pics can be accumulated, i don't care if they be gassers, street rods, street freaks, funny cars, rat rods, hot rods whatever as long as its mopar

In an effort to entice you to post your pics here's a video clip of an aussie charger from my home town owned by a husband & wife team, the wife does the driving.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZCjwZF4fk

cheers :D:D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. greaseguns

greaseguns

29 Dodge Coupe

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      492.7 KB
      Views:
  3. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

Have you had your car out much? Dont think I have seen it . I run around terre haute and clinton quite often

4. bizee

bizee
    from australia

Another Aussie Chrysler thats local
    [​IMG]

5. borntoolate

borntoolate

Fun with washable markers!

[​IMG]

6. Born Too Late, That is priceless he already has that glazed over hemi look . Rob.

7. borntoolate

borntoolate

That's funny. I never thought about the look on his face, but you're right. I'm ruining him with gearhead stuff all the time. Poor kid.

8. What do you mean ruining him I am doing the same thing to my two boys aged 10 and 9. They will only know the gift when they are older. Rob.

9. bizee

bizee
    from australia

Aussie Chrysler Hardtop
    [​IMG]

1972 Aussie E49 Charger
    [​IMG]

Aussie Hemi 6
    [​IMG]
    In 1972 the E49 "six-pack" engine came with a baffled sump, tuned length headers, special shot-peened crankshaft, conrods, pistons, rings, cam, valve springs, a twin plate clutch and of course the triple 45mm dual throat Weber carburetors. Chrysler quoted this engine as producing 302 HP which, in a 1372 KG (3000 pound) car, made for rapid acceleration.
    "It would take a Ferrari Daytona with racing driver Jackie Ickx at the wheel to stay with one"
    A car & a couple of motors were sent to Italy so as to be tuned at the Weber factory

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  10. borntoolate

borntoolate

Correction: I am confidently influencing him!

11. Here's my '64 Imperial.....still gotta get some wheel covers and lower it a lil more. I got some 3" blocks in the mail yesterday!!! And a photoshopped version from the Wizards in the photoshop thread
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

The 383 mopar in my 58 ford pickup
    [​IMG]

13. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

1955 chryslers

Attached Files:

14. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Don't know nothin' about no Mopars around here... :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. 4tford

4tford

winter project

Attached Files:

16. bizee

bizee
    from australia

Now it's starting to happen, keep it coming guys :D

[​IMG]

17. Well judging from the pieces left on the track there is going to be someone jailed for domestic violence very soon. :rolleyes:

Here is a pic of someone's dream engine. Its just set together and the reason I say dream is because whoever it was missed it. It has since moved onto a new home.

[​IMG]

18. bizee

bizee
    from australia

check the door panel
    [​IMG]

19. bizee

bizee
    from australia

Yeah it probably be cassie telling the hubby where the fark are my wheelie bars :D
    I think the pieces on the track could be a timing marker or lane marker

Cassie's a great driver, gives a few of the local racers the shits i believe & her husband prepares her a mean ausssie charger. Any girl that can launch that hard is alright by me, especially in a mopar

Here's a vid of a few of cassie's runs, she runs in the low 9's over the quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncVMC7jTbcc

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  20. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

bizee,
    Just a friendly heads-up, it's a somewhat unwritten rule here to focus on cars related upto roughly the early '60s and earlier. 'Traditional Hotrods and Customs' is what the guy in charge says it's about here. Musclecars do not fit into that.
    Unless there's some very cool story behind a car's history like a vintage dragracing-heritage (think the first FunnyCars fi) then the late '60/early '70 stuff will be ok. But this is not a general Mopar-site where 'everything goes'.
    You might get 'ripped a new one' if the stuff posted gets too new. Let just say that anything with billet Centerline wheels or an '80s-vibe to it don't go down too well here... ;)

21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Dude... come on.

22. FANTM58

FANTM58

Alright heres a few shots of my 58 Coronet
    As I type this I am collecting info on rebuilding the eng & tranny,
    one of em smokes and the other slips.

Attached Files:

23. 2002p51

2002p51

24. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Here's mine! 1964 Dodge Dart Wagon.

Attached Files:

25. normanpitkin

normanpitkin
    from london

26. rlsteel

rlsteel

my h code coronet convertible. rls

Attached Files:

27. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

Here are some from the "ugly" years.

Attached Files:

28. bizee

bizee
    from australia

hey bigblockmopar, cheers for the heads up & i'm not trying to upset anybody here :D

Thankfully i own a slanted 1966 VC Valiant which keeps me in the theme of The H.A.M.B.
    I included the pic of the 1972 charger because as a musclecar it made quite a mark here in Aust. being a hemi 6 that was managing to knock of both ford & gm v8's. Now don't quote me on it but i believe they changed the racing rules here in Aust. so as to exclude the hemi 6 charger from racing in our biggest road race, the Bathurst 1000
    I thought some guys might appreciate what us Aussies managed to do with the hemi 6, a motor designed in the US but later abandoned & then developed here in Aust.

We are lucky enough here that there are still a number of old cars found on the roads here but unlike you guys in the states hot rods & highly modified cars are a big no no, i've seen where you guys can license a sprintcar for road use which would not be appreciated here if you went to the licensing centre here with one or found driving one on the road.
    We can put big blocks, stroker motors in our cars, superchargers, turbos etc on our motors but for the most part they have to stay under the hood with nothing sticking through, hood can be massaged to allow a scoop for the aircleaner but i think thats about all. All wheels must have guards on them so there are definitely no rat rods running around. Anything considered "crazy" here cannot be licensed as street legal & has to run on a club license or a special license purchased for a specific given start & end point driving & nowhere else otherwise your car has to be trailered.
    To give you an idea i know chassis connectors are installed so as to make an old car stronger but in some states here they are plain illegal.

Cars like those posted by 2002p51 were imported to Australia & underwent some minor assembly here as the "R" series (wheel well in trunk lid) & the "S" series.
    By 1965 manufacturing & assembly was being done here in Aust. by Chrysler & sadly by 1980 it was all over with mitsubishi acquiring Chrysler Australia Ltd & in October 1980 the name was changed to Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. with the last chrysler produced in August 1981. I guess thats why here in Aust that we are partial to all our old mopars, as enthusiasts we are definitely in the minority but daresay have the strongest affinity for the marque
    :D:D:D

As for that roadrunner door panel i included that as it's obvious (to me anyway) an indicator of what can happen when you have more money than sense :eek: :rolleyes: it made me laugh

Anyway thanks guys for all your input, the pics you contribute & for putting up with this aussie :)

29. bizee

bizee
    from australia

2002p51, thanks for posting those pics of whats known here as the "R" & "S" series valiant.
    Some local guys i know will appreciate those pics, if you have any more photos of same model/s of car please feel free to post
    i did find some pics of a car known as "Spy Machine" which the guys here loved but have been unable to find any build info on that car which they were keen on.
    [​IMG]

The R & S series was followed by the AP5 & AP6 then the VC which had styling cues from the plymouth valiants

30. bizee

bizee
    from australia