Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for some hamb members in NY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bouoy, Oct 26, 2010.

1. I looking to see if they have any members around my area. I'm in middletown/newburgh. I found a local social group but I have not seen much action in it so I figure I'll see if there is any out here.
    Thanks
    B

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I'm down in Rockland..........

3. Fade2Black

Fade2Black
    from 845, NY

I'm in Poughkeepsie...

4. I Drag

I Drag

Wapp Falls checking in.

5. THanks guy's I was wondering if I was in no mans land moving from Tempe AZ to here. Cause all I've seen is glass rods.

6. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

Rochester here....WNY has it's share of HAMBers

7. ROLLING BONES 1A

ROLLING BONES 1A

We have a little hot rod shop about two hours north we hold a reliability run in the fall and a garage night at the shop in feb. Ken and keith / rolling bones hot rod shop

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

No way...lolol...cause they dont dont RUST!! BAHAHAHA

9. I am looking to open a shop around here. I owned alot the best I had was in MS on the gulf coast before that ***** hurricane came threw and put my customers cars 10 miles away. I have yet to find a building out in my area that is worth the money. I designed a home workshop just to get back in the groove. I bet finding employees when the time comes will be a pain.

Attached Files:

10. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

Im in Salt Point, just above poughkeepsie

11. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Ive got a shop up here in the Utica/Rome area.

12. Fade2Black

Fade2Black
    from 845, NY

If you ever do open a shop, please send me a private message if you are interested in hiring people. I recently graduated with my bachelors degree and I've had a little bit of autobody/mechanic knowledge from a local tech school. After many college loans and a lack of desire to become part of "White Collar Society," I've come to the conclusion that I would like to learn/build hot rods/bikes and/or start in a trade such as welding/fabricating.

Good luck and welcome to the area!

13. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I'm about 1 hour away from you near Oneonta. Plenty of shows and cruiseins around

14. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I'm 60 miles south ..............

15. gas pumper

gas pumper

During cruise season Bear Mountain on Wed night. 600 cars show up, 500 bikers and maybe 3 HAMB'ers.

but they got draft beer:D

16. Ricci32

Ricci32

Im in High Falls NY.

17. I know your pain I walked out of college with multi degress in different areas. The only one I use is mine in graphic arts one that I use when designing one off parts plus I run a full service print shop since I had my accident. I'm trying to pull some funds to see if I can open a shop in town or if I will have to start at home and venture out once it takes off. Well I went to UTI to me that school was not as good as real working world. lol how many automotive shops have you been in that people are clean shaven nails trimed and shirts tucked in. I learned more from my family that owned shops and painted my first real car at 16 and layign down flake at 18. When I lived in new orleans I had the pleasure of workign for a guy that I learned the most from then I did from any school. He had worked out of his backyard shop for over 15 years and would have people bring cars to him from 3 states away. He taught me the truth behind the 10 grand paint job. He passed away a few years back I still believe he is the best painter I ever met and gave me the passion to stick with what I do. One of the custom shops I worked for in AZ was ok but they paid on commision which is not hard IF the owner knows what he wants and shows up on time trust me I know. I sat around with 60 hours on the clock but since I did my job 5 times due to the owner changing his mind I had to eat my labor after a month I was done. When ever you want send me a pm I think I have some good learning materal for you to look at.

18. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

I'm in Westchester County.

19. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I'm up in Red Hook and I moved here from Flagstaff(long story) stop by if your in the area.

Pat

20. zach from ny

zach from ny
    from New York.

I'm out on Long Island, but I come up to New Paltz pretty often to hangout with my sister. Some family friends live in Middletown.

I'll take a job too. haha. 2.5 yrs experience prep work at 2 body shops, BA in education, minor in art, 2 yrs auto tech school, starting welding/fab classes this weekend! haha.

21. 36 poncho

36 poncho
    from ny

Just across the river, so. of Beacon..........
    If you need a Builder for that dream, I'd put up a bid

22. Fade2Black

Fade2Black
    from 845, NY

Thank you sir, I feel a little re-assured that I'm not the only person who is or went through this. I don't know many people of my generation who are into hot rods/muscle cars etc or even trades for that matter. I would like to contribute to the lifestyle and keep the dream alive. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Keep us updated on how you make out!

23. Your welcome. No need to call me sir I'm probly not much older then you.lol It took me along time to get where I was and a dumb storm to whip it away in a blink of a eye. I've been knocked down more then once all you have to do is get back up and keep going. Find old books to get your idea from not last months street rodder what is going away is the true way cars are built and how they are built I've seen more people on the same level of thinking as me. keep it true build it old school don't drop a 383 stroker in a 32 ford. I made a mistake once and I will change it. my 51 caddy limo I bought a 572 bb for it I know it's not right and back when I picked it up I just wanted power more then being correct. I mean I don't want to be the guy at the car show that everyone knocks for doign that switch instead of finding a bigger motor I thought of a northstar v8. all i'm saying is don't give up on what your looking for and with a place like this I'm sure this place will help you on your way.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  24. Well as a update might go I found a decent building here in montgomery allready has a paint booth. Called the lease people to find out some more information on the sucker I gonna see if we can get our end of the paper work done and make this happen

25. cederholm

cederholm

I'm down in the city...

26. chucky stampfle

chucky stampfle
    from new york

27. Tony in Kingston. Drive the wheels off!

28. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Good Luck. Maybe come Springtiome we can have a meet and greet . Bear Mountain PK has a cruise ( pretty big ) but not just HAMB cars. Might be a good place to meet for starters. Just thinking out loud