Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Calling all opinionated bastards and photo shoppers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Paint it "Alan Mann" colours and throw a set of "minilites" on it.

Those that don't understand never will

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Man, that is too cool for school and funny beyond words!!! Be assured Jane now has a new desktop background and what makes it even funnier is that she has a small 5 inch stuffed Johnny Bravo figure sitting on the shelf behind the rear seats as we speak. It's been her lucky mascot for years. Jane tells me that you have just named her car for her (all of our cars have names, sad, but true.)
    Paul

Attached Files:

3. autobilly

autobilly

Paul, I've always named my cars and bikes because they've always been considered "part of the family".

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Paul---thanks for clearing that up. i thought you had edited the thread because i couldn't see what he was bitching about. Marty--

5. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

Hi, me 2 cents:

- chopped = ruined (...the body is already quite tall, it's not a lead sled people!)

- and like a black shirt on a fat guy, a dark roof will give a similar impression of a little less (or chop in this case)...

- since the roof is white and ya got white walls, then if ya gonna stripe it, it must be white too (and woman like things that match +1)

- what goes best with white and chrome? red, black and blue. yours is red, so blue it is.

- your van is flaked and as said that woman like matching shit, therefore it's gotta be flaked too (we're at +2 points at least by now not counting the minuses from the wallet tho)

[​IMG]

:cool:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  6. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

You've done it now Harley, Marcelus Wallace is now officially booked to come down your chimney on Christmas Eve instead of Santa. Going to get mediaeval on your ass.
    Hugs
    Paul

7. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

Hahaha (and sorry hehehe)...

Yeah I saw the doll when I zoomed the pic. So when I put the seat way back, I had to get another.

I had an idea for a bubble with him saying "Woh mama, this paint is so shiny that you can see how beautifull I am!" but the space left was too tight.

8. How about that early sixties Cadillac dusky pink metallic colour and a black top?

[​IMG]

9. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

holy smoke, that really does look classy! I'm not sure if Jane will go for it, but if it was my car that's probably what I would do to it. I have this bee in my bonnet about how only Cadillac's can pull off pink, but this would be an exception to the rule and all the more cool for it.
    Paul

10. Have a google for the colour, as it really varies madly according to the lighting conditions. It seems to be on 1961 Caddies. Metallics seem a bit more contrasty (?) too, so it´ll bring out the shape and it´s not what I´d call a girly pink either.

11. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

not my type of colour but I admit it looks bitching, specialy with those very nice caps! Not feeling the roof tho but great job JD

12. Good eye James D, that metallic does bring out the body lines and the contrasting dark visually shortens the roof line.

I think the wheel covers could use a little more chrome, the satin seems to work against the metallic.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Big improvement.Probably doesnt want to saw his car in half, but...

14. Gigantor

Gigantor

Man - these are getting cool. I think chopping it would be a huge mistake, but that sectioning job looks pretty cool. Sticking to stock lines, here are a couple more.
    One with skirts per request. I think the wheelbase is a little too short to pull these off.
    [​IMG]
    By earthshaker5769 at 2010-11-02

One with golden/light rootbeer flake and pearl roof.
    [​IMG]

And I was playing with colors and really liked this Mint Chocolate Chip Green with a pearl roof.
    [​IMG]

15. The sectioning really isn´t necessary - it´s just the angle of the photo making the car look a bit stubby.

16. 64cheb

64cheb

That color combo would really set that Capri apart from the rest.

17. Reminds me of a '60 chevy bubble top. Drop 'er all the way around with a rake, paint it all brite red, stick on some neat circa wheels and buy the ol' lady a different car...Man Up!

18. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

HaAHAHahaHAHAahaha

thx for the laugh

19. I kinda like it the way it is!

20. Gigantor

Gigantor

21. MotionNova

MotionNova
    from Ohio

Yeah the dusty pink Cadillac color looks the best so far. Thats a cool little car I've never seen one of those here in the states. What is the drive train in that thing? Could you fit a 632 BBC in that thing !?!

22. 64cheb

64cheb

Plus one on that green, makes the car look modest, but very civilized.

23. MotionNova

MotionNova
    from Ohio

Here are some thoughts on the roof.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

If you want the car photoshoped, you might try that thread. "The photoshop thread to end all photoshop thread" Good luck though. Some times the guys will photoshop a nice one for you and other times they just mess with you.

25. Fogged panels using a darker (and less saturated) version of the aqua... and white, emphasizing the horizontal, to make it look longer.

Attached Files:

26. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Jesus H Christ in a sidecar (with sincerest apologies to anyone who objects to me taking the Lord's name in vain)you really have been a bunch of busy boys haven't you? So far this thread has established beyond doubt that the Corvair hubcaps are a winner, good job too as I've already bought them and they're on the way to me from the states as we speak. It has also established beyond doubt that there will be no chopping or sectioning because we like the body style just as it is, although it is highly likely there will be some lowering (but not "in da weeds" because I hate that crap). However, colour wise the jury is still out. Jane favours the cream with a red flake roof still, but me and my son Danny are trying to convince her that James D's dusky Cadillac pink metallic is the classy way to go. The trouble is I know the colour and have seen it on cars in the flesh so to speak and know how cool it is but on the computer screen (or at least on mine) it comes across as a little brown looking. James, if you read this is there any way you can do another photo shop that accents the "pinkness" of this colour a bit better and this time with a white roof. I know it's asking a lot but we just don't have that many cars of this colour in this country for me to point to one and go "there that's it look how cool that is". Like I said before, by her own admission Jane isn't the best at visualising things.
    Thanks a lot guys
    Paul

27. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

cream white and the white walls won't mix so good in my opinion.

EDIT: Rich did make the white walls on his photoshop creamier if you will...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  28. Gigantor

Gigantor

I like this A LOT.

29. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

That could grow on you, I like it.

30. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Well, I guess anything is possible if you work hard enough for it and then don't mind having it come apart on you like Steve Austin's jet at the beginning of the $6 million man:D

I'm guessing that this is that same Cadillac dusky pink in a slightly different light, and if it is I might just be able to bring Jane round;

Attached Files: