Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Calling all opinionated bastards and photo shoppers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hi all, below you will find a couple of pictures of my wife's new consul Capri which will be up next for some mild Kustom work. We're going to lower it just a little bit, put on some 61 corvair hubcaps give her a Kustom interior and a paint job and call it good, nothing too fancy. Jane wants a metal flake roof, with regular paint on the body but by her own admission she's not too good at visualising things in advance, so has asked me to start this thread to get some opinions, ideas, and hopefully photo shops of varying colour schemes. (Not that I'm trying to steer her in any particular direction but I'd be particularly keen in a rich cream body with a gold flake roof:D). All suggestions would be welcome and obviously photo shops even more so. However, if anyone out there suggests flat or satin black then I will hunt you down like a dog and arrange for a large man of indescriminate race to call you names on a regular and random basis for the next five years.
    Many thanks in advance
    Paul
    PS. Although some might see nothing wrong with the colour is it is now, it is the default colour for this model, as practically every other one you see is the same and it is stock. And we all know what stock does.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OOOOH! Pick me!! I'm opinionated and I'm an Utta' utta' utta Bastard!!

Why not flat black with red wheels??

You will never find me in this cave.

Doc.

PS, How about gold with a red flake roof to match the panel??

3. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Love the car and remember them fondly.

4. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

i'm both and opinionated bastard and a photoshoper. personally, i wouldn't do anything to it. but if she wants metalflake on the roof, i'd shoot it with some clear with flake and pearl over the existing white.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

great post until you got to the patently offensive part - totally unnecessary and it completely ruined the good vibes I was getting from your request for input. If you cannot be clever with the use of racially-intoned, sexually-charged filth - I suggest you spend less time showing us your tattoo and more time reading proper language usage in 'mixed audience' situations. We're not all pigs...and you should be embarrased by this poor choice of words.

dj

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess I'm a pig, didn't worry me.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Flake the shit out of the top with an awsome pattern..
    body..i would leave the color it is, and flake the clear on it to contrast the roof..cheap, down and dirty..if done right it will look sweet as hell

8. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

car has some cool line, it will look killer

9. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Okay man, I apologise if I offended your sensibilities and have edited both my avatar and my post. Are you happy now? I always thought this was an adult board not necessarily for the fainthearted but obviously I was wrong.Back to the car

And Doc,Marcelus Wallace is looking for you.

10. Weasel

Weasel

And you wrote that with a straight face?;)

11. [​IMG]Have you seen Nads' Capri?

12. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I sure have! Ain't it sweet?
    Paul

13. aircoup

aircoup

use the white top for a base and either lace it or something and use some blue metallic or pearl and some blue candy top coat

14. thendrix

thendrix

I like the scallops but I think it needs to be a dark green with cream or light grey scallops and a cream top. Just my $.02

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

So these were sold in the US? I always thought they weren't exported. Did they make it to Canada too?

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes! Flake the top, clear, then lace it, shoot dark candy blue over the lace.

17. quickgene

quickgene
    from duluth mn

I like it the way it is other than the wheels. Maybe some suttle goast flames. I think Crager SS crome wheels would look great, but the 4 spoke thing dosen't work for me. You need some light colored wheels. Maybe crome those wheels. Black is no good for sure.

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Got a set of these coming
    for the wheels. 61 Corvair hubcaps, one of the very few good-looking caps that were made for 13 inch wheels. Thinking about maybe flaking in between the starbursts to match whatever colour we do the roof.
    Paul

Attached Files:

19. RichG

RichG

Offended by a quadriplegic's use of language? Ignore him, what's he gonna do, type faster? Sheesh, it was a joke man... and there's far, FAR more offensive language used on here on a regular basis, that's why we have "moderators", they "moderate". This P.C. attitude is best saved for a place not filled with bastards, hooligans, hellions, hot rodders, pigs, rockers, mods, cripples, and the assorted downright deviant folks that make up the profile here.

Hey Kripfink, say whatever you want, if the moderators have an issue with it they'll let you know. I doubt they will, however, as you've shown common sense in the past.:D

A little humor for ya:
    [​IMG]

20. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I understand "adult" forum, and am reasonably conversant in what passes for "adult" language. I'm not even a prude - but to insert such an inane comment...'black man....ass fuck" in the middle of a discussion about painting your wife's car just seemed like you were going for maximum 'threat count' and minimal civility. If I was interested in that sort of silliness, I'd be driving a 'donk' with my rap music blasting all over the place.

Somehow, I just felt that a slight level of true ADULT (read mature) decorum ought to accompany our discussions here. I understand that I'm from an era where women didn't throw F-bombs around all day, and 'genteel' folks adhered to a more refined sense of decency. Perhaps I'm the one that's the misfit...and the rest of you folks are just fine...

dj

21. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Sarge, I'll take your advice, and I'll not burden any of you further with my 17th Century remonstrations of decency and gentlmanly behavior.

dwj
    Capt, USAF (not retired, just 'out')
    606th ACS

22. -Brent-

-Brent-

I'd stick with that light blue as a base since it's in the inside too. Is it on the firewall, as well? Perhaps you could do some panels like May Cause Dangerous or some other Watson-esque paintwork and use the base as a complementary color. It'll save time and money on labor utilizing that color...

23. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

#

Listen man, I took your comments on board, I edited the thread yet here you are back again reposting the very comments that you found so offensive in the first place. I didn't start this thread to cause drama but it looks to me like that's what you're out for, and if this is the case please do it elsewhere because all you're going to do dredging this backup is get the thread shut down, which I don't want to happen because I'm genuinely interested in people's opinions. I made what you consider to be a bad joke, I apologised for it, now please move along and screw up someone else's thread.
    Peace and goodwill to all mankind
    Paul

24. darkk

darkk

DUDE!!! did someone shit in your fucking Cheerios this morning!!! just chill...

25. As a fellow limey B'stard...;)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      400.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      423.6 KB
      Views:
  26. I think small hardtops always seem to look better in light colors.

What about one of the photoshop experts giving a silver/gray pearl to the top. Cheaper dramatic effect and easier on the turnaround/wallet.

Ever find it odd that the easily offended always "need" to be heard?:rolleyes:

27. No explanation needed propwash..it was bizarre/tasteless/classless and out of line. You don't have to be a moderator to speak your mind, and to recognize inappropriate crap..oh excuse me or "joke". I am a "misfit" also I guess.

28. HRod 50

HRod 50

Go on Son! I'm with you on the insults of those that say hateful things, just to say them. Funny thing is, if you strike first you're made out t be the bad guy.. Oh Well, guess your damned if you do and damned if you don't.. Cool car and good luck with whatever you do to it. The A-holes aren't going to like it no matter what you do to it or how you say it....

29. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Pretty little car. Have you thought about a metallic blue,say mid-60's chevy color's. Something light with a silver flake roof? Nad's car is real pretty too,I like the colors. Mix in some 65 Impala tail lights if you do any " custom" metal work , those would look sharp.
    Light colors would make the car look bigger ,dark colors will make it look smaller. Dropping it will shrink the look of the car too. I dropped my Impala a few inches and it made the car overall look smaller.

30. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

thanks a lot for that my man, just goes to show that I think she'd like a slightly stronger body colour, and I am kind of getting the feeling that maybe there's a good reason why they all end up pale blue. Definitely needs to be a pastel colour though. Maybe a slightly different shade of blue, less Aqua and more powder blue with a dark blue metal flake roof?
    Paul