Register now to get rid of these ads!

WAAAY O/T Sorry. 5.0 stang question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crewcutkid, Feb 14, 2005.

1. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Howdy- tech question here regarding 5.0 mustang parts.
    I have a Super Ford magazine from April '91, and there is an ad for a "trick flow" dual intake induction system, plus a manifold. Says this assembly is availiable from "Will Burt Automotive". Anyone know where I could get one now? Anyone have any info? am I picking in the wrong nostril here?
    -Crew

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Bad, Bad,Bad....go to the 5.0 Ford sites with that question:eek:

3. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Uh, I did put O/T in the title. It's a tech post. 5.0 Boards have no centralization, no focus, no help.

thanks,
    -Crew

4. Molloy

Molloy
    from Asotin,WA

Here's a cheap possible way to find your answer.

Go to your local book or magazine store and look at the latest
    Mustang mags.

Some of thease mags are a half an inch thick. With 1000s of advertisers.

Look thru and take notes or cough up the $5-7 for the mag . Well worth
    the cost for the info .

5. drgnwgn289

drgnwgn289

sounds like a job for the kirk brothers!

6. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

Whaddya think, I'm an idiot? Of course I did online searches before I came here. I hate to do O/T's cuz someone will always piss in yer borscht!
    Thanks for the replies. It's fer a track car that a pal of mine and I will be building to race this spring and summer.
    -Crew

7. tomslik

tomslik

now, if ya woulda put "302" in the title intsead of 5.0, ya wouldn't have gotten ragged on.
    some of these guys haven't figgered it out yet that an engine is an engine and can POTENTIALLY be installed in anything.

btw, i don't know shit about trick flow stuff....
    no help here but it's BTT

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hey, if I can still buy parts for my 4.2 liter 1951 Merc Flatty, you can find this intake..

9. steevil

steevil

I don't think they are being made anymore. I remember drooling over them in the mags way back.

I've never actually seen one in person but they sure are a trick piece.

It was also marketed by BBK as the "octopus" intake.

10. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

It's not fer a rod. My friend and I are putting together a track car, and this thing looks like it would kick butt @ the track.
    Thanks!
    -Crew

11. i'd check with Summit....they have a lot of other "trick flow" parts in their catalog...maybe they could get it

12. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

They only made a handful of them and you probably won't find one in your lifetime. Seriously.

What about the old BXR intake? At least they actually made a few production units of that thing.

http://members.aol.com/hrrassoc/mustang/bxr.html

13. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

I'll check summit. Thanks.
    -Crew

14. JamesG

JamesG

15. JamesG

JamesG

16. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

That ain't it, thanks tho.
    -Crew

17. SmithCNC-USA

SmithCNC-USA
    from Ohio

Good luck finding one of those manifolds there were very few made.
    This was a very good part but died due to lack of funding and transition time at Trick Flow.
    Doug Smith

18. tjm73

tjm73

WHy are you looking for one? IF you are building a race car that old intake won't hold a candle to any of the new intakes that are out. Some of trick flows new manifolds will blow it away. There are several intake sthat are far better attched to today's available parts. I drooled over the same intake, but would never buy one to race it.

19. hivolt76528

hivolt76528

Yeah , since summit owns trick flow now --that is the place to look , or ask for what you are wanting

20. tjm73

tjm73

The manifold in question is like no other manifold ever made fo rhte 5.0l It's long since out of production and only a few were made. They were like $1000 in 1990 and I think they bolterd to a truck intake. So it was a bare upper intake only. Big money even then. Almost noboby is going to have one. Finding one will be very hard.

For time involved and the cost if you find one for sale, you could more easily buy a better newer intake or build one yourself.

21. terryr

terryr
    from earth

22. twofosho

twofosho

That manifold pictured in the link above looks like the PU intake with the plenum modified to mount the stock twin bore throttle body on the side. Anyone with a TIG and the ability to weld aluminum plate shouldn't have any trouble modifying the stock Ford truck stuff. However as stated above, the BRX was actually produced for a while and looks like it could really put out (huge straight tapered runners tuned for elevated power levels at specific RPM ranges). Far more trick than a modified Ford piece,too, if you're after looks.

23. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

If you are talking about the two TB intake, if I remember, one of the big reasons that intake, and other two throttle body intakes didn't go over was the difficulty in makeing two TB's work with the EEC. Are you using the EEC, or an aftermarket controller?