Register now to get rid of these ads!

Haunted cars ......from the grave to life.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Oct 3, 2009.

1. dannyego

dannyego

haha. the thread came back from the dead! halloween bump!

Spooky likes this.
  2. esmith2039

esmith2039

A bit OT but I had a radio once that I swear was cursed. Originally it was in my dad's car and I totaled it when a car pulled in front of me at 55. So I pulled the good radio out and put it in my car. A few months later I totaled it when someone backed in front of me... actually wrecked it twice. So I pulled it out and when I got another I put it in my next car. 6 months later passed out and rear ended some one else. Said screw this I'm not messing with this radio anymore. A buddy said he'd come and pull it and put it in his Jeep. A couple weeks later the motor blew on the Jeep. Not sure where that ever ended up.

3. Although not as eerie as the '61 Impala story, it reminds me of my "Cursed" Cragar mags I once owned. I bought them used from a guy at a gas station when I was 19 in 1979. First car I put them on (gold '70 Cutlass) got wrapped around a pole when a guy pulled out in front of me. I put them on my next car, a 69 Chevelle, and got t-boned by a lady who blew a stop sign. Next car I put them on, another gold '70 Cutlass, got the right quarter caved in by a hit and run parking lot idiot. I then sold them to a guy with a '72 Chevelle, who shortly thereafter totalled the car. I don't know what happened to them after that. I hope they're at the bottom of an abandoned mine pit (probably still attatched the the stolen car they were on)

Spooky likes this.
  4. It's after Halloween is this thread still active? I got a story to tell and I didn't get it together till now. So here goes.

I first saw my car back in 1994 I had just purchased a 1948 ford 1 ton and needed some tail lights to make it legal. I learned of a gentleman 20 miles away that could get me reproduction parts for my truck and proceeded to track him down. I went to visit Dale, a semi retired teacher, who dabbled in distributing Dennis Carpenter reproductions parts.

It was upon this first visit Dale took me to the garage and showed me his old Ford collection. Some of the cars were a 31 roadster, 46 Merc convertible, a 35 Ford 5 window coupe, 57 T bird and so on. The 35 Ford 3 window looked a little ratty so I didn’t spend much time looking it over, but it was our first introduction none the less.

Over the next few months I got to know Dale better and offered some help when it came time to move all his cars out of his garage, because he was moving the building to the property next door, where he planned to build his new house. This was a chance to get a good look at what he had, because the garage was packed so full there was barely enough room to walk.

With camera in hand I snapped away as we carefully pulled each car into the sunlight, one by one, using the low first gear on my old 48 to gingerly move each specimen to the lot next door.

Once I got to see the 35 Ford 3 window out in the open it was a little rough. Someone had been doing some body work on It that would cause their experience to be questioned, and it quickly became obvious that the car had spent a moment or two on its roof, but I could now see that it did not have a single spot of rust anywhere. Door gaps looked fine the windshield was intact and perfect, and the procedures for repair began filling my head but, when the garage was re-located and ready to shelter the survivors. The 35 got tucked back in with the rest of them.

Over the next few weeks, duties as club newsletter editor distracted me away from the collection and it was business as usual until the two rolls of film, containing the snaps I took of the cars, were ready for pickup at the developers. Browsing through the fresh pictures, I noticed something peculiar. Three of the four pictures I had taken of the thirty five were ruined. I could not understand. The pictures were on two separate rolls of film one colour one black and white, how could they be messed up? Seeing what was visible on the photos reminded me that in was possibly involved in a roll over. The question of some unknown mystic force came to mind and remained for years after.

Now that I own the car and have checked it out thoroughly I’ve made another significant discovery, bullet holes. You may be thinking yeah sure some farmer’s kids probably took a shot or two at it after it was retired from daily use. The body work that has been done is in plastic filler. Three bullet holes have been leaded and the repairs were done prior to any new work on the car. Now you know what I know. This story is to be continued as I bring this rolling history back to life.

The first picture on a roll of film can be shrugged off as a mistake, it appears that I didn't f.jpg

When you change the roll of film to colour and the picture of the same car skipps a tooth while .jpg

Someone could be telling you something from the other side.jpg

bullet hole in top of passenger door penetrated the skin aswell.jpg

bullet holes above door in the same area as the one on the door.jpg

leaded in bullet hole over windshield near right side wiper mount.jpg

bullet damage in body line above left rear fender.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. TommyShameless

TommyShameless
    from Florida

Here's one...not haunted, but...odd.

I will caution that the car in question is slightly off topic by 4 years.

When I was really little, even before I was really into cars, my Mom had a dream. It was a dream that made enough of an impact on her that she told me about it the very next day. Apparently, in this dream, she saw me, older, in a car. It was a purple car. She didn't know what it was, but it was an older, purple muscle car. She said it was really pretty. Some weird stuff was going on in the dream, too. She said there were some animals marching, and that as I was sitting in the car, there was a tire hanging on the door. No rim, just a tire. For whatever reason, the impression was made that I was saying goodbye to her, or that I may have already been dead. Hell of a dream, huh? I was maybe...10? 11 years old at the time?

So needless to say, I have never forgotten this. I even convinced myself at one point that as long as I never own a purple muscle car, I would be safe. Besides, I would never go out of my way to paint a car purple, and the only cars that should be purple are the very pricey Mopar muscle cars we all love, but so few can afford.

So, here's where things get uncomfortable.

Early last year, I got my hands on a 440 / 727 combo. I got it for trinkets, really. Couple of hundred bucks, with less than 20,000 original miles on it. Inside looks like brand new. Was going to maybe use it for a Challenger, but the Challenger deal fell through. So now I have this engine in the garage with nothing to put it in. I spend a month or two looking on Evilbay, Craigslist, the local papers, etc., just seeing what's out there. I wasn't optimistic about getting a Mopar to drop the drive train in since they are just stupid with prices. As luck would have it, I found one. 68 Roadrunner, all metal work done, no rust anywhere, fresh paint, 3:23 sure-grip rear...all it needed was the interior and the motor and trans. It was even already set up for a big block. Price was fair, but I took a shot and low-balled outrageously. Offered the guy 4500, which wouldn't even cover the paint job in some shops. He took the offer!

Turns out, the previous owner sunk a fortune into this thing. Then, he lost his job. A week later, he broke his leg. He sold it for a song and a dance, with paint so fresh it wasn't even wet-sanded and buffed out yet. The guy he sold it to let it sit for almost a year, but has so many other high dollar muscle cars he was never going to get to it. That's where I came in.

Now, since my first car (72 Nova), and all the way through my early twenties, I tried over and over again to put together a righteous muscle car. Every time has been a fiasco. You all know the drill...countless amounts of money sunken into a project that never gets finished, never gets driven, and then is practically given away. I'd list them, but it's pathetic. I'd tally up the money spent, but it's too depressing. But now this comes along. All that is left at this point is the interior. It is essentially a brand new car. The brakes, the suspension, every single moving part is brand new. It runs (and sounds) like a monster. It's the nicest car I've ever owned, and is worth far more than I have into it. At fire sale prices I could triple my money. After the interior is done, I STILL won't have 8 grand in this thing. And it is so pretty! Everyone I know has been amazed at how quickly this is coming together, how bad ass it is, and how cheaply it is all happening. Mopar guys around here absolutely hate me right now. More than a few people have flat-out told me that this was just meant to be...that I was supposed to end up with this car. I, of course, don't believe in fate or superstition, so I just laugh off such talk.

There is just one problem. One nagging little thought stuck in the back of my mind...something I can't forget after all of these years...something I can thank my Mom for...

Anybody want to guess what color the car is?

6. It's once agian that time of year!

Spooky likes this.
  7. blacksheep55

blacksheep55
    from jasper ga

I have always had a thing for 55 chevys. The first one I bought was when I was 14. It was a 2 door post body that was very solid. All of the interior had been removed before I got it. The guy I bought it from for $200, had a body shop beside a place that crushed cars. He would nab the good ones from the crusher. The story on the car was that it had sat beside the local fire station for some time and many people had tried to get ahold of it, but they wouldnt sell it, and had finally brought it down there to get it crushed, which is where he had nabbed it. I brought it home, to our shop that my father and grandfather had ran until my grandfather's passing a year or so earlier. The power had been shut off out in the shop, but my grandmother lived beside it still , so I ran an extension cord out so I could plug in a drop light after dark to try and work on it. The shop was around 75'x50' and very dark. So I am out there one night in the dark with nothing but a drop light, inside the car working on something. All of a sudden, both doors slam shut HARD. It cuts the droplight cord, light goes out, windows are rolled up, and no winow cranks or door handles. So I am a 14 year old kid, in pitch black, fumbling inside the door trying to find the release, and freaking the F$%K out. I never knew what was up with that car, I ended up selling it not long after that happened. I never felt comfortable around it after that.

Another one has to do with a concrete pump truck that a local company owned here. They bought it brand new from the factory, probably about a $400,000 machine. They hired a close friend of mine to operate it. A while later, one evening, the boss gets a call from my friend saying he is on the way in and he thinks he is having a heart attack. When the boss arrived, he found my friend sitting at his desk, dead. So they hire another guy to operate it. A few months later, he is killed in a motorcycle accident. Again, they hire another operator. This time, he hits a power line with the boom, killing the man on the hose pouring the concrete. I had to work on the damned thing one time, and afterward told my boss that I would never touch it again. After the 3rd death, the owner sold it. I was actually goofing around on Youtube the other day and found a video of it, just sitting in a parking lot running. Creepy shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyREgYOo8I

8. I know this is an old post, but dude...I know exactly what you mean.

My wife thinks I'm weird, but I do the same thing. When I revive an old car, I talk to it and reassure it. Call me some kind of nutjob, but I've always believed that old cars have some sort of life in them. I'm constantly patting the dashboard in my old cars as I go down the road.

I guess that's part of the reason why I'm such a fan of nice looking patina. It shows the ways that the car has been used....it shows where the owner leaned over the bed of a truck, where they held their hands on the steering wheel, etc, etc.

I think most old car lovers probably think this way to some extent or another.

Spooky likes this.
  9. A few months after I got out of the military in 1991, my dad and I were going down the road in his 1965 C10.

It was the fall in south Texas, not a cloud in the sky, out in the flat farm country in the Rio Grande Valley....windows down.....not saying a word to each other.....just going down the road in a cool old truck, enjoying the ride.

Suddenly an insanely bright flash of light appeared about 100 feet in front of the truck about 20 feet off the ground. It only lasted a second but was so bright that my dad had to stop the truck because we both couldn't see right for a moment.

We sat there in that truck and looked all around, but there was just absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

My dad has always been a man of few words and in true fashion, he didn't say a word...just shrugged his shoulders and started back down the road.

I've discussed it with him a couple times since it happened and neither of us have ever come up with anything to explain it.

10. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

when I was kid in the '80s I was friends with an old guy who maintained an immaculate 1962 Impala sedan. the guy felt sick one day, drove himself to the hospital in the Impala and died of a heart at the hospital.

his family could not get the '62 to start. they called me and asked if I knew of hidden kill switch on the thing and I told them I did not.

when the funeral director sent the old feller's clothes home the mystery was solved - the guy had pocketed the rotor. never knew of him to do that before.

11. sorry but i gotta call bullshit ^^^^^^ its alot of work to pull a rotor off a chevy (especailly being old and sick )

not like a ford or mopar where the cap has 2 clips and and the rotor just slips on

12. AntiBling

AntiBling

I don't know about the v-8s for 62's but I know the distributor on the 216/235/261 have 2 clips for the cap and the rotor just slips on.

13. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

As im reading this the coyotes are going crazy howling in the woods around my house. Im a non believer but hey its all in fun right.

14. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

some of the early v8's had the same style, then they whent to the two screw clips and a slip on rotor

15. erlomd

erlomd

man thats some scary shit! any pics of the 55? history? that you know of....sounds creepy as hell!....just in time for the spooky season!

Spooky likes this.
  16. James66g

James66g

I wasnt gonna post cause this isnt the kind of thing I really bring up but here are three that happened to me

when i was a kid I was in love with all the rap video low riders not really into the rap but loved the cars had a real hard on for Dr Dres dark green 64 any way I wanted an impala bad then one day talking to my dad about one for the millionth time he asked me if I scored one what I was going to do to it on and on I went in my description and then he zings me "soooo how is all that going to be different than all the others?" well he was right so I asked what should I be looking at and we talked about Galaxies. while he was outa town I came across an add ( still have the clipping) it was love at first site my 66 Galaxie drop just a little better than plain jane wimbledon white red guts. Well she was the jealous type any time I picked up a girl she would idle rough and puke and stall as soon as I would get them out she would run like a new car, it got so I knew if the relationship would last by how well or poor she would run. she absolutely hated my last chick till she had a conversation with her one night while I was pumping gas the next day she detailed her bumper to bumper cleaned the dash with q tips and all the jams everything after that they seemed to have an understanding and she ran great.

The weirdest was on a high school camping trip with my buddies we all had been showin off and driving pretty hard from the camp site to the lake we pretty much had the place to ourself the roads were all super narrow gravel and I had gotten pretty good at drifing the truck through the corners ( all my buddies in the back stupid I know) when I hear this voice "slow down" I kinda looked around my buddie in the cab didjnt hear ity so I kept going " SLOW DOWN" I was getting kinda nervouse so in my head I say if something is really telling me to slow down really tell me well as soon as I thought that it was like a noose was around my neck not choking me but really there and "SLOOW DOWN!" need less to say I shut it right down like from 45/50 to crawling my buddies are all askin me whats goin on why am I slowing down just then the pressure eased up and around a blind corner comes a huge rednecked ford truck followed by a fire truck we had to each jocky around wiggle past folding mirrors in and everything the road was so tight mountain one side cliff on the other.......

this one happened just a few months ago had loaded my baby daughter in my daily OT truck to drop her off at the in laws before work our house is tucked back in a quiet suburb that happens to have a connection to a not so great area behind us. Well I leave at an odd hour working swing so I pretty much have the subdivision to myself and normally do the slow roll through a few of the stop signs well this day I pull up and just happened to have this weird need to stop and look at my phone i never do that ever well i stop and i am not stopped more than a few seconds when two guys in a maxima with literal ski masks on go screaming by but as they went in front it was all slow mo the two guys in the maxima made eye contact with me! it was like all three of us new what almost happened could have been. I was crazy they were at WOT with two cop vics right on their ass. had i pulled out i would cought all three broadside. really shook me up

believe what you want but i know what happened to me i dont know what or who was responsible buy I am glad for my luck or whatever you want to call it.

17. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

i call it guardian angels,,
    i've never had a possessed car,
    although some of mine just up and blew up

18. Novadude55:
    Is that a rag or the ghost of a small child in front of the driver side fender?

19. Although you're in California, I'm betting you have roots in the south or spent some time here, going by your use of "up and"--in southern English, "up and" before a verb means the action of the verb occurred suddenly and unexpectedly, as in "He hadn't been sick, he just up and died," or "some of mine just up and blew up."

20. Shadetree

Shadetree
    from Va USA

I got one for you!
    And what I am about to tell, is true even through It would be hard for anyone, that wasnt there to believe.
    Now I remember this part of the story, but also this part of the story, can be backup by local newspaper archives, from the public library

Back in the late 60s or early 70s, there was a local car dealership, here in town.
    And on that lot, there was a 1967 Ford Fairlane GT 390 4V 4 speed.
    It was a beautiful car and they had it on the front row of the lot.

The car dealership set above the road about 4 feet and there was a street walk below and across the road was some more businesses.
    One day a customer had came in to look the fairlane over and it wouldnt start because the battery was down.
    So the costumer left the lot and the guy that worked there, went to get the ol boosting cables to boost the car off.

While he was gone the fairlane started up by itself and jumped off the 4 foot wall and went across the road and hit a guy at the businesses across the road, pinning him against a building killing him.
    The car had no keys in it, and when the car lot guy left it, the battery was completely down.

Now as I said that part of the story was covered by the newspapers, and is still in the newspaper archives.
    But this part is my connection with the story and was told to me by the guy that eventually bought the car.
    And he told me this story, years after the fact, and I made the connection of how the two sides of this story fit together.

The car lot eventuality fixed the car up and checked it out. But Needless to say after this happened and especially with the local news coverage, nobody around here wanted the car.
    Nobody except the buddy of mine who had just moved into this area and did Know anything about what had happened with the car .
    So he bought the car off of them really cheap.

Years went buy, and he was visiting me and he starting telling me about a 67 fairlane that he had had that was haunted.

He said after buying the car that on several occasions, that in the middle of the night, the car would just start up on its own, with no keys in the ign and just be sitting in the driveway idling if you left it in neutral. But he said if you forgot and left it in gear, it would take off until it hit something, and stall the motor.

He checked the car out himself and had the the car in several shops,to try to fine the problem, but nobody could fine the problem.

Then one day, he drove it to work, (he said the car hadn't done anything weird in a long time and he thought that after working on the cars wiring again and again, that they had fixed it}

Well anyway when he and others got off from work, he went to where his car was parked, and couldn't find it!
    After a long search, he decided the the fairlane must have been stolen, so he called the cops.

When the cops got there, the were doing there reports etc, and and a angry old man came down, who lived above from where the cars were parked, and told the cops that someone had drove a car though the side of his barn!
    When they went up the the barn, they found the fairlane had went through the wall of the barn and was sitting inside with no keys in the ign, and no sign that it had been hotwired!

After this my friend said he never fixed the car or drove it again, and latter sold it to a couple of olboys, from from Ky, for practically nothing.
    And after that nobody knows what ever happened to the fairlane.
    So look out!! it may still be out there!!

At the time he told me this story, I didn't make the connection. And I really didn't until I got to thinking about it And went back to the old newspaper achieves and realized that it was the same car!

21. I work at a shop that let a guy use the lot to process cars for scrap .
    Well he got a 4 door mid sixties chevy from police impound that had been there for years . So long that it was hard to open the doors or the hood . It had large patches cut out of the seat material ( evidence ) . You would even get close to the car and get a feeling of dred . It was weird , I have been on a fire department and have been to some very gory crash scenes where people have died in the crash and never got that type of feeling . This car would give you the creeps just walking by it . Later we found out that the cars owner was some kind of mass murderer . That was one 396 that I would not have wanted no matter what and I am a big block nut .
    Brian

22. blacksheep55

blacksheep55
    from jasper ga

No , I don't have any pics or info on that one, all I know is that the interior had been removed and it was sitting at the fire station for some time, kind of an impound in that small town, and they would not sell it for anything, then, brought it to be crushed. I sold it to some guy for $500 in the next town over, the town I bought it in, after placing an ad in the local paper. This was a fairly small town, but bigger than ours, so my buddies and I would go there on the weekends cruising, drinking beer , and looking for girls when we were in high school. This was around 1994-1995. One night we were on the back streets, and I see the guy's truck, it was hard to miss cuz it was yellow with purple flames, and in the garage behind the house, I see that car. I say "there you are you old whore". I don't know where it went from there, it was missing from the garage after a year or so.

23. dmikulec

dmikulec

Not haunted but I've got an OT 99 Ford, one of those bubblegum machines everyone hates, that just won't give up. Over 250,000 miles on the original unrebuilt engine and trans and it still won't skip a beat. Hell, I can't even get the drivers seat to wear out! I've been waiting for something major to go wrong with the car so that I'd have a reason to get rid of it... it's almost like she doesn't want to die or something! :D :rolleyes:

24. In the 90s, my brother owned a black '58 Ford Custom 300 ex highway patrol car. Still had holes in the floor from where the radio gear was mounted. Grey interior, vinyl floor mat with no carpet...a real cheapo model. 292 3 speed manual. That sucker would run! We used to bury the speedo past the 120 mark and get out of it just to watch the speedo still pegged as we were slowing down. He bought that car with what he new was over 100,000 miles on the clock. He put at least another 100 k on it. That thing ran like a top an never used oil. Best car he ever owned. He said one night when he was out running the hell out of it, the car filled up with smoke at about 100 or so. He slowed to check things out and found nothing wrong. He continued to beat on it more and the smoke came again! This time there was a man in a trench coat with a hat riding with him in the front passenger seat laughing and the smoke smelled like cigars!!! He slowed and jumped out of the car and swore to sell it. He told me this and I thought he was full of it. The car still smelled like cigars till the day he sold it. He traded it for a '58 big block ford country sedan wagon. I still get chills when I think about how scared he was telling me this. He didn't tell anyone else this happened. He thought they would think he was a nut.

After getting rid of the '58 ford 300, my brother was driving a '70 maverick and it randomly filled with smoke one night while driving with his buddies in the rain. He hit the brakes hard and went spinning down a steep street. As they were spinning, they hit guy in an orange jumpsuit in hand cuffs and no shoes with the right quarterpanel. The guy was still alive and jumped up and ran into a creek. The local law came speeding up seconds later and saw my brother's car in the street and they asked him if he saw a prisoner an he said they just hit him and he ran away! He knows everyone else in the car saw the smoke and he says it smelled like cigars. Wierd! He always wondered if the two situations were linked somehow. Never had any problems after that.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  25. well my wife beleives in ghosts.....me, she says i'm too close minded to realise they exsist.....

back about 6 years ago, i bought my ot 1976 pontiac astre.....off ebay.went up for sale twice for $700 starting bid..i was the only bider..from the deceased dads daughter....he was a very big mexican guy...parents from mexico...he was born in michigan, ran the streets of Mt Clemens....known locally as the Big Kuhuna..pinstriped cars and such..was huge at the local slot car track.........he bought the ...76 astre as a toy,,did it up like a life sized slot car,,,,A-60-13's up from and G-60's 13 in the rear...pinstriped the snot out of it...even the air cleaner and stuff on the engine,,stripped all the brackets from the stock 4 banger and had it all chromed....custom interior he had done down in Mexico way at a friends shop...chrome chained 13" wheel and all....cb handle was Cisco Kid...this was also on the glove box... it was his pride and joy...he parked the car with 39,780 miles on it...him and a friend started to tub it, they removed the gas tank and had laid out in the under coating all the places to cut it at..but died before they ever cut into it....had dropped a built v-6 225 odd fire in it...chrome hooker headers and nice torker intake...welded in the v-6 mounts ....but never finished bolting the motor in..nor had they slide the trans mount back (astre's and monza's had a second bolt pattern for the v-6 and the v-8's) or shortened the drive shaft...this car was a peice of art....clean as a pin...he bought it new on oct 6th, the same day as my birhtday, as i later found a bunch of receipts and such in a box in the trunk.....his daughter told me about how he loved the astre...kept it in a heated garage year round...how she backed her toyota 4x4 into it and he bought a new valance and hood from the pontiac dealer,,,,had the hood louvered for the 6 to get good air...

bear with me:eek:....all i had to do was drag it home, bolt done the motor and slide the trans mount,,,have the d shaft shortened....and bolt on the nos holley finned covers....which were missing the nuts to the studs that they came with...
    well i get a call early the next morn, bunch from the old car club heading to Dundee mich...good 23 mile cruise from my place....most of it 55 mph...bugged me to bring the astre,,,maiden cruise, 16 other cars in case something broke on it....and having the only propper speedo, i got to lead the cruise...

we get there, and park,,,veryone does the customary hood pop...i do too....now i gotta tell ya, the greenline gauges he had stuffed in the dash worked great when i hooked them up...new motor never fired (car sat for 20 plus years) and theoil pressure was at a hard 40 psi at idle...60 + when drivin at 55 mph...

half hour goes by when one of the guys i cruised out with hunts me down and asks if the astre is running ok,,,,i tell him perfectly...he says he was wondering cause he seen i had the valve cover nuts off the studs and figured i'ld been looking at the valve train....

remember i couldn't find the nuts????and this v-6 had 60+ psi at 55 mph??/
    and those chrome hooker headers????well the motor is perfectly clean,,,no oil leakage any where....pull the holley covers off and the whole topp end is wet with puddles oil oil...but not a drop outside on the motor...

till this day, everone tells me i should beleive in ghosts...and how the Big Kuhuna wouldn't ever let his Cisco Kid make a run and embarrass him....let alone do a show and arive dirty and oily

astre.jpg

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  26. erlomd

erlomd

not a scary story....think of it as the amazing story in the middle of a twilight zone episode.....
    when I was 17 I bought my first OT camaro that kept saving my life and the lives of others...when I first bought it, I would drag race the hell out of it (just like most of you here)...one day, I was racing this GTO down a road when suddenly the tranny goes...I coast quickly to a green light when out of nowhere some guys ran a red light that would have ended in a "T bone" accident/fatality for sure...painted her blue with white stripes soon after (cause it was in need of a new paint job anyway). couple of months go by and im cruising down a 2 lane road and decide I want to make a U turn. as I make the turn some guy behind me thought I was slowing down and trys to overpass me while in the middle of my U turn....
    long story short, my car gets hit on my door at about 50mph..does about 2 360's and a telephone pole stop my momentum....I was wearing a 3 point harness at the time and out of no where I ended up in the passenger side without a scratch...
    you should have seen the reaction to this by the driver that hit me as I get out of the passanger door and brush off some shatered glass to see if that driver was ok.
    when I look back at the car the entire drivers door had been caved in almost to the center console!!!
    my buddy at the body shop still had my blue paint from before and we decide to fix her right up.
    some time goes by and Ive really worn out the 350 in her so I decide its time for a rebuild...unfortunately at the time money was a little scarce and having a rebuild was out of the question...so I parked her lovingly under a mango tree in the back yard (I know, not too smart considering heavy mangos can fall on her alot) but not one mango ever touched the car.
    well, as time went on the car became more of a lawn art than a car and I decide to sell the old girl. A guy came over to pick it up on a flat bed...I told him of all the fond memories and how tough she was, while the car was at a 45 degree angle on the flatbed...well, the chains came off the car and the camaro started rolling back fast about to run me over, when suddenly the tires locked up and stopped inches away from me. ...I always did think she was a good girl...never really wanted to let her go...I dont think she did either...
    that was about 3 years ago...last month my wife and I rented a car for a trip to LA and after all that talk about my old camaro and how much fun I used to have in it, she says "lets rent one of the new camaros"...so as we go to our assigned parking spot...there she was, a brand new camaro....blue with white stripes!!

and yes, while doing a little test run at about 140mph...my foot slides off the pedal quickly like if it was pushed away...I hit the brake thinking to my self i should slow down now, when some cars in front of me get into an accident...if I hadn't slown back down to 75...I would have definitely been in trouble...

now, im a hot rodder by heart and I used the money from the sale of my camaro to purchase my 32 ford frame, but Im thinking that as a daily driver, a blue camaro with white stripes wouldn't be such a bad idea for me.....or a blue deuce with white interior...lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  27. 1952henry

1952henry

You've taken run-on sentences to a new level.;)

28. This was a thread I had in August of 2008;
    I have been towing my Chevys from the barn area to my new workshop/garage on another part of the property. The first 5 went fairly smooth, then I got to number 6, a 1950 Chevy 2 dr sedan. I was jacking it up in the air, a couple feet high was all, and finished the right side,placing blocks and 4" x 4"'s under it. I moved to the left side and started to jack it up when suddenly the right side dropped and the blocks were disinagrated as if someone had just used a sledge hammer on them (small pieces) W.T.F.? I had to do it over again. Because of missing front steering and suspension I had jacked it up so I could back the narrow flatbed hay trailer under it and chain it down. Then I had to change a back tire,okay I air up a extra tire I had until it was hard. I go to jack up the car and my floor jack won't work, W.T.F.? so I add some more oil to it,not much to speak of and then it starts working again. I change the tire and I let the car down and within a couple minutes the tire goes flat W.T.F.? so I add some more air and hurry into my truck. Next, the car is in neutral and I try to go but that car won't budge and my truck tires start spinning in the dirt W.T.F.? is happening now? I get out and look, who knows? I get in the truck and now it starts to roll, then I get over by the garage area where I want to park this car & suddenly it stops about 10 feet away from where I wanted it and it won't budge, W.T.F.? - anyway I came in the house to take a break and share this adventure. Has anyone else out there had one of these "W.T.F." haunted car deals???:eek: I would like to hear about them. (That car did not want to leave it's resting spot.)
    UPDATE; And now, more of that adventure; I went back outside, I jacked it up and put a sheet of plywood under the rear tires, gave another try, and the car slid along on the plywood. I jacked it up, drove the truck and the trailer away, went back to let the car down. Some damn bees decided to buzz me so I left the area,a little later I went back and the now the jack won't release - I got another floor jack from the garage, I got the car down and put blocks with wood under it (still that way to this day) I was able to trace the cars history back to a guy who bought a ranch back in the arly 1960's, he said the car was left behind by the prior owner. It appears it must have belonged to the prior owners son as the car had checkered flag decals on different parts of the body & the steering wheel had been wrapped neatly with electrical tape. What ever happened to the son who had it? Nobody around or alive anymore to complete the rest of the story.
    <!-- / message -->

29. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

I live in Wisconsin. Could you reveal the location? I'd like to see if it's still there.

30. All I can say is...W.T.F......