Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Taking the mirror off was the difference! Closing that open roof will help too! The wind coming in and slamming against that flat wall instead of rolling over it is almost equal to running with your tailgate closed. With the juice on I see a 9.99 "street" truck in your future.:cool:

2. drflex

drflex

I think it's time to spray that monster.

3. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Good to meet you yesterday. Nice improvement on the 60' and the ET. Good luck on meeting your goal. If you don't make it this year hopefully I can come out and play next year.

4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Today I put in 12 hrs @ work and came home and spent some quality time w/ my six other wives...''my six carbs''.....six complete tear-downs and new mods and good repolishing...several hours later......sounds more responsive....but the only test that counts is what it does @ the Strip..Dragway 42 is open tomarrow Halloween Day...who needs a Halloween party when you can go Drag Racing instead...I hope to make it but have allot to do...My computer is too old to really play these video's, it play's real choppy and stops a bazzillian times while playing..so I have no idea how the sound is ....I really dig this new camera....Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs-6eF8NHME?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cs-6eF8NHME?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

my ears are ringing...

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

7. Paul Y

Paul Y

My dog 'was' asleep under my desk when I played this.....

Sounds fantastic Dave, as it is Halloween take it out and scare a few kids....

P.

8. duffman

duffman

What's the spray on the windshield at the end? didn't expect that Camaro to show up so fast at the end either. Nice video gives a real honest impression of the speed.

9. Dave it might be a little thing but I think I've figured out your problem with the motor. Like any other Cold Hearted Bitch, you can't call them names within earshot and expect them to not get Mad!!. No more calling it a "Stupid Thing" under your breath, you need to sweet talk her. Once again sounds Nasty! Keep up the work!!

10. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Well, I made it to Dragway 42 today.......Drag racing Halloween Day...............The last time I was @ this track was last year around the same time and I broke my camshaft in three places...Goodtimes !.......I only made one pass today......and it was a good one..as soon as I left the line I new it was going to march hard.....It left the hardest yet...all the hard work and out of the box thinking mods I made yesterday worked......no more hesitation and no flat spots during each shift........This Six-Two set up is starting to haul the mail on gasoline !

It ran 10.43 @ 125 .44 mph......It brake footed a 1.3998 60' time....ran 6.5880 in the 1/8 mile..and it is still not ready for the nitrous shot yet...It needs more fuel for the spark plugs were as white after the run as they were last night when I gapped and indexed the new set...yikes, but in a good way...lean is mean....The MPH will pick up when I up the jets.......Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/18yVN_IPbHc?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/18yVN_IPbHc?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

11. Master of None

Master of None

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Deadication Dave, your gonna end up making that old truck scare us! and then Death's-Door-Step is gonna have to live up to the truck :)

Great job brother.....

13. Saxxon

Saxxon

Awesome !!

I'm so jealous of you southern folk who are still racing.
    Us Northern folks in Canada are on the brink of our first snowfall.

Opening day at the track in 6 months

14. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

That thing sounds awesome,great job!

15. slobroy

slobroy

I hope you get to come to Bowling Green next year, that thing is just plain neat.

16. Fedman

Fedman

Good job on the last pass, it's really coming into the sweet spot now!
    Looks, and sounds great!

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Alright! Congrats man, and thanks for taking us along for the ride!

18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

METAL MELTDOWN, I would be committed if anyone knew how much I actually talk to it !...he he, Littleman

YocumBros, I will blast it right off the line when I get too that point...Littleman

QUOTE=flamedabone;5773810]Uhhh...no thanks...I'm at about the max for my combination, Dave is only just tapping into his. He'll outrun my 10.98 by the end of the season, and by next summer, I would only be a semi-gloss, flammed spot in his rear view mirror.

Good luck Dave, your little rig rules. -Abone.

PS. be carefull with the NOSSSS!!![/QUOTE]

No worries Abone......you and me both together could not afford the fuel bill for this Truck.......10 gallons cost 120.00 bucks for the C12 I am running......and it drinks it too dam fast !......If I went for the Cup @ Mokan.....I would build anything bLown.....and do my home work @ the Strip tuning on kill.....Then tune for the street...drive to Mokan and swap pullies and place tune-up on kill.....Littleman

Duffman, it was water that sprayed on the center lower part of the windshield..Good eye...and I never did figure out where that came from on that pass......and that Camaro had allot of work done to it and was movin out quite well.....Littleman

Thanks, everyone !...Dave

19. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Way to go Dave. Hopefully the weather will hold out for you to push the button again.

I know the guy who owns that camaro. He works at Hutters in Chardon. It's quite the sleeper. He's running an all aluminum small block with fuel injection and a t56. It's runs on pump gas and is NA. He told me his best pass was in the 10.40's.

Dave when you're ready for that supercharger let me know. I have an 871 in my basement collecting dust.

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

It was a rare November Day today...We were able to Drag Race here in Ohio..........I was able to back up the 10.43 ran on Halloween Day @ DragWay 42......Today's last pass was 10.45 @ 126.14 mph..Today I only did [2] jet changes...I need to make some changes to the nitrous fuel system and will finally give it a try next time out if weather permits...but more than likely will have to wait until spring....The car that I ran against ran a 9.92 which is close to what I am going for and show's how close I am but yet so far.......and if you watch the video keep an eye to the left guard rail......you will see were a 130 mph Chevelle blasted up and over the guard rail and took out a light pole as well and came to rest...It sound like he was ok for the most part and life flighted out just incase....scary stuff !.....but an example of what can happen.......and I met alterbob from the Hamb, he was running his atltered today, real nice racecar...It was great to talk to you !............Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPKg7t_qVXo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPKg7t_qVXo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

lookin and soundin good badass

22. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice pass. What was your 60'??

I miss your mirror...

-Abone.

23. alterbob

alterbob
    from Butler,Pa.

Hey Dave nice pass, I think it is time for Thompson to replace the guardrail with some concrete. Bob

24. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Thanks for taking us along for the ride! I now have a stiffy. :p

25. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Abone, my 60' was 1.4628 today.........it was not the 1.39 I clicked off when I ran the 10.43 on Halloween day.........Littleman

26. ratstar

ratstar

It feels good to ride shotgun in that thing! Awesome run! I'll have a present for you shortly.

27. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Today I made the last pass of 2010...today was Thompson DragStrip's last open day..

Today I started playing w/ the nitrous.....eveything needs to be perfect for it to work from start to finish...Their are [12] total jets in the carbs to get correct and another [12] nitrous jets to get correct....Then you need to have the fuel pressure correct for both carbs and the fuel side of the nitrous system not to mention timing and many carb adustments involved..Today I returned home w/o burning it down and w/ all sparkplugs intact...

In the video it left wicked hard and to the right...I had to release the nitrous button until I was back on track....I am sure I scared the guy on the bike, for I did not lift on the fun pedal....It ran a 10.38 @ 126.17 mph, w/ a great 1.31 60' time..The bike ran 10.49.....My nitrous bottle was low so I only had a handful of passes to play with...and their is still allot of tuning left to do..But mother nature here in Ohio has dictated the end of the season @ Thompson...so the quest for 9.99 will have to wait until Spring.....It should have run allot faster but was not able to throw enought @ it today to figure it out...just thankful it is still together and the 60' time is more than on track, just need to get the rest of it to work in concert......Littleman

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXPCyjI6OvY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SXPCyjI6OvY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

28. SteadyT

SteadyT

Dave, does it look like we get one more season (2011) to journey along with you at the track before you build the ALL-OUT drag vehicle?

29. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

wow that was a pretty exciting launch, looked like you were buisy!

30. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv