Register now to get rid of these ads!

"1961" Best Year of the Plymouth fury?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitlock, Sep 16, 2010.

1. A guy in town here has two for sale, a hardtop and ragtop. Just can't get into them. Look like an elephant sat on a real car and flattened it. Mind you, that green one is really really nice.........

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Only the '58s were Buckskin Beige. The '57s were Sand Dune White, and the '56s were Eggshell White. The '59+ cars were available in any standard Plymouth color.

3. @Jack Thomas - I'm with you! ... Then again, I'm a bit partial to '59 Plymouth Sport Fury's ... probably because I came home from the hospital in my parent's 'Vert ... and it's the car with which we flat-towed the "HEMI32" Coupe when we moved from Minnesota to California.

Mom & Dad's '59 Plymouth Sport Fury 'Vert @ St. Louis Park, MN house (circa 1961).jpg Mom & Dad's '59 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible (circa 1961).jpg Mom & Dad's '59 Plymouth Sport Fury Glove Box Door Owner ID Plate.jpg

Mitch Frumkin Painting.jpg Powder Blue '59 'Vert.jpg
    Page from Salesman Manual.jpg Vert Interior Brochure .jpg Ditzler 1959 Plymouth Color Chart.jpg
    Ad - Good Taste Is Never Extreme.jpg Ad - Full Of Fury And Eager To Run.jpg Ad - For '59... If It's New Plymouth's Got It.jpg

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ive always been a fan of these cars ever since I watched "Hot Rods to Hell".
    The green one in the first post is a beauty.. Is that an emerald green?

5. Here's a few more pics of the Hot Rods To Hell '61 Belvie More-Door:

Hot Rods To Hell '61 Plymouth Belvedere 4-door.jpg Hot Rods To Hell '61 Belvie More Door.jpg Hot Rods To Hell (Still #6).JPG

6. junkmn

junkmn
    from melbourne

yee ha! kick ass here's mine was dads, I learnt to drive in it (originally stick shift) and got my licence in it still have it to this day! And I will never ever part with it, But yes it is an aquired taste. and still a billion times better than all this modern rice burner jap shit on the roads today!!!

Attached Files:

7. Squablow

Squablow

Actually, 1960 was the first year of unibody construction for the Plymouth line. Not that it really matters for the conversation, but I wanted to add that.

Those Ghia cars are beautiful. The roof lines look like they came right off of a sketch pad and into real life.

8. moparkevin

moparkevin

So do I .. wow that's a Nice ride in a bad place...

9. WQ59B

WQ59B

Plymouth (& Dodge I believe) offered the optional "Sky-Hi" rear window on the Belvie, in '60 & '61 IIRC. May have been standard on the Fury.

On the first page of this thread, Rocky's green Fury shows the Sky-Hi backlight; note how the glass goes up the roofline to the center of the rear quarter glass.
    Down the page, the 2nd pic in Post #12 shows the standard Belvie backlight- hardly goes past the rear of the quarter glass. Fascinating decision to offer 2 different roof stampings/ glass as an option- pretty unique.

Storm King- your brother was likely a sufferer of Sky-Hi-itis!

10. Squablow

Squablow

Don't worry, it's home, safe. I think I parted out and squashed all the stuff in the background, though.

11. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

No one showed one of these '61's. Wagon's HO!!! Sorry for this post, you guys were looking for ply-mouths

Attached Files:

12. yardgoat

yardgoat

X 2,well said.I do like the color and its smooth looking,cool car........YG

13. HRod 50

HRod 50

Bitche Car...

14. historynw

historynw

I love 61's its the car with the frown....I passed on a 2dr post sedan which I now regret. Even Tootie & Muldoon liked them.

15. motorhead711

motorhead711

Way Cool Ride!!! Love them Fury's!!!

16. Tim G

Tim G

Lovely colour, is that a candy green or straight base?

17. I had a '61 Belvedere 4dr in the mid 90's... it was flat black... it frightened small children and dogs...

Had I laid eyes on that green one, I'd probably still have it today.

I sold it to a guy with a '60 he was restoring for $275... mine had a better hood... the rest of the car is probably part of your wife's Corolla.

18. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

What about the 1956 Frist year and a beauty

19. Squablow

Squablow

I bet he was pissed when he found out the hoods don't interchange.

20. Old windbag

Old windbag
    from Finland

Five years ago i buy -61 Fury. It was a fieldfind. Standing there about 20 years. I try to find parts but i didnt find all in here. Must looking in Usa. Almost ewrything must change. Floor is disapierd,no engine,gearbox,rear axle,bumpers. . . Long list.But someday it will back on the road.

21. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I thought I'd bump this thread up with my latest find. Slant 6 with 3 on the tree and underdash A/C.

Attached Files:

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

those Plymouth's are funny lookin'.

61 Dodge... now there is a beautiful automobile.

[​IMG]

23. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I agree since I also have a '61 Dodge wagon. I trumped ya!!!