Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picked up a 55 f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by allyoop, Oct 26, 2010.

1. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

Well I drove past this truck and did a quick turn around....needless to say I bought it. My dad had one of these when I was a kid and I have loved them since. I paid $1400.00 for it which seemed fair. It has some rust but parts seem easy to find and not to pricey. I plan to lower it and get some real tires. I'm thinking Spyder caps and painted stock rims...well maybe something stock appearing but wider on the rear. The down side is the wife is prett pissed haha so I have to sell my 53 Chevy project, oh well this is an easier build for me and it shoud run with a little work.

[​IMG]

2. codeblu

codeblu

Nice piece, between them the two I have a rougher than that.

3. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

ya know everyone lowers them how bout gasser!? never seen ford pu gasser before

4. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

I saw one done as a gasser and didn't like it much. I like the look of the F100 lowered.

5. twink

twink

Nice! Well bought.

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

looks pretty cool as is;) got the flattie in it?

7. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

well , nice truck . There is one in town with a big block , backward doors , cad. Lites , channeled .
    nice find , but i can't believe you would trade your chebbie for a ford. You need to see a doctor.
    NO WONDER THE WIFE IS ON KILL

8. gafridge

gafridge

Looks like a good deal to me.Try to get it running and sell Your other one to get the wife off Your back.Good luck. Stony

9. shoveled71

shoveled71

Nice old truck as it sits, Id get it running drive as is. Spike

10. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

Thanks all! It has a 239 OHV V8 with some nice looking chrome valve covers. His kids used to yard drive it for a while but I'm guessing the gas is junk and the reason it won't run now. For now may only plans are to get it running and get the right stance and drive it. As for the Chevy thing you never know it might not sell.....and I hope it doesn't haha.

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I still miss my very first full size vehicle ever that I bought at age 14 after working all summer at the Dog-n-Suds drive in. A 55 "Effie" Still love em to death... WOW, that was almost 35 years ago!

Nice find and a great price!

12. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Nice score! Here's a picture of a 55 F100 off the cover of this month's issue of Classic Trucks magazine...it belongs to a fellow club member. This truck has a nice stance and wheels.

Attached Files:

13. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

Man that truck is sweet,I like the whole set up on that one. I don't think I'm talented enough to ever make mine look like that. But I like the just pulled out of the barn look.

14. conormulroney

conormulroney

An F100 with a Y-Block! Good score. The 53-55's are the best looking trucks ever built. (not that I am biased, or anything)

Conor

15. Daddyo's garage

Daddyo's garage

Hey Allyoop! That truck is my trucks twin! I'm runnin' mine as it was found. I like the survivor look. Cleaned it up, and drivin' it! Got a few pictures on my gallery. Need to add some. I vote to leave yours the way it is. Refine it a bit, and drive the crap out of it!

16. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Don't touch a thing. Just get it running and stopping and safe and don't worry about all the other stuff. Worry about your wife. Let the 53 chevy go away fast! I know what that situation is like........

17. Tacson

Tacson

Conor I second that

18. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Effies are cool, got to know them inside out, good trucks.....nice score.

19. My dad had one too when I was a kid although his was blue. I never get tired of the 53-56 Effies. I only wish you could buy em' that cheap by me. Good luck with a neat project.

20. gms2slo

gms2slo

Nice score, I vote for gasser like this......

21. Rem

Rem

Nice score - that'd cost you four times as much over here, if you were lucky!

22. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

I want to leave it as is other than lowering it and dressing up the wheels. I like your truck as well wish I had a floor shifter.

23. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

Nice, maybe some day I'll make one into a gasser. That one does look good.

24. Daddyo's garage

Daddyo's garage

Allyoop I plan to lower mine too. Most likely a drop front axle. I have a T98 four speed and the drive shaft that I took out of mine. The one with low 1st gear for sale. Rebuilt 25 yrs ago and then parked. PM me if you're interested. I went with a 3 on the tree with overdrive.

25. allyoop

allyoop
    from Michigan

I might be interested once I can get some cash saved up. I'm kind of bummed it doesn't look like they make spyder caps for 5 x 5 1/2" bolt pattern. It looks like I could make my own with push in centers and bullet lug caps. Might have to go with ford center caps I guess.

26. calorchard

calorchard

I like the paint !!! I just ordered front disk kit from speedway for mine, starting to rain out here.

Wish you were closer I have 2 beds and running boards.

27. old lady's mad

old lady's mad

heres a pic of my buddys, mine is still in peices in the garage

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  28. big bad john

big bad john

......I agree with Spike.....Just drive it.......

29. jfrolka

jfrolka

Doesn't need much to make a nice truck to get around in... drop it a little, whites and make that v8 purr

30. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Love the trucks. Enjoy your new ride.:cool: